I just recently purchased my Blackberry Passport coming from Apples iPhone 6s plus. There is nothing wrong with the passport in my opinion, it does what I need and I am ultimately satisfied. The only 2 issues I have so far is the lack of "certain" apps like a legit Snapchat and how sometimes when I send voice messages it sounds like a robot.

After showing my friends and co-workers my new phone I got nothing but back lash. "Why would you get a wackberry?", "That phone is ugly and blackberry is dead eww.", "Who uses bbm anymore."

Those are small.... I understand I don't need approval nor do I expect it because I don't fear being different. Having your own opinion on what you like is normal it's what makes us human.

But why all the **** talking and back lash just because of one phone? Has anyone else experienced this.... please I would like to compare what I have gone through.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 02:12 AM
    "Rational people adapt to the world and live with it.
    Irrational people try to adapt the world to their needs.
    But it's because of irrational people that the world moves ahead"

This saying might not perfectly suit this case but I want to point out that them being a herd of apple boys or google nerds doesn't necessarily mean that they are better or that they made a smarter choice. You can put it as them being similar to each other and you being different, a minority.
    And usually smarter people are in minority LOL

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    01-08-16 02:29 AM
    Who do you work with, a bunch of babies??? I would tell them to grow up.

Posted via my incredible Passport
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-08-16 04:43 AM
    They sound just like all the other (insert preferred smartphone make and operating system here) users. Not sure I see a difference.
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 04:49 AM
    They are All jealous that you left the crowd and purchased one of the premiere devices available today Congratulations .
    Wunliang and BB_PP like this.
    01-08-16 08:29 AM
    I just recently purchased my Blackberry Passport coming from Apples iPhone 6s plus. There is nothing wrong with the passport in my opinion, it does what I need and I am ultimately satisfied. The only 2 issues I have so far is the lack of "certain" apps like a legit Snapchat and how sometimes when I send voice messages it sounds like a robot.

After showing my friends and co-workers my new phone I got nothing but back lash. "Why would you get a wackberry?", "That phone is ugly and blackberry is dead eww.", "Who uses bbm anymore."

Those are small.... I understand I don't need approval nor do I expect it because I don't fear being different. Having your own opinion on what you like is normal it's what makes us human.

But why all the **** talking and back lash just because of one phone? Has anyone else experienced this.... please I would like to compare what I have gone through.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry ain't dead... but BB10 is.
    techvisor likes this.
    01-08-16 08:34 AM
    Here at school, I realized almost all of the people I talk too seemed surprised and were excited when they saw my Passport. All except one that says the things you mention OP.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 with ZERO issues
    01-08-16 08:42 AM
    I used to get that from certain people but after showing them what the phone can do they stopped. I even get "that's a nice phone" sometimes now.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 08:42 AM
    @ChampagneVivanco:
    In you they see someone who made a thoughtful purchase while they were just running after what others bought.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-08-16 09:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I tend to proceed to show them that my 2 1/2 year old Z10 has more RAM than their iPhone, until the 6s which has the same. I then show that it has an HDMI out port, NFC that isn't crippled, and of course Blackberry had NFC before iPhones did. I show that I can more easily navigate between apps, and messages using gestures than they can with their iPhone, and or Android device. I can change my battery, sorry Passport owners. I can use an microSD card. I can hook my phone up to a computer and drag and drop things to and from the computer. I can save any file I want from an email without the need for an app to be opened on the phone that supports the file. I can easily manage files using the included file manager... etc., etc.

All that being said, it is a shame Chen won't do the same thing instead of abandoning the OS.
    01-08-16 09:35 AM
    @ChampagneVivanco:
    In you they see someone who made a thoughtful purchase while they were just running after what others bought.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I tell them. I say that I bought my Passport after doing research on what it can do and how that aligns with what I need. Not like most others who bought the what their mates have or what most others say they should be getting. Also my phone is for work, not for games and selfies.

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin and Shumsher like this.
    01-08-16 09:37 AM
    I tend to proceed to show them that my 2 1/2 year old Z10 has more RAM than their iPhone, until the 6s which has the same. I then show that it has an HDMI out port, NFC that isn't crippled, and of course Blackberry had NFC before iPhones did. I show that I can more easily navigate between apps, and messages using gestures than they can with their iPhone, and or Android device. I can change my battery, sorry Passport owners. I can use an microSD card. I can hook my phone up to a computer and drag and drop things to and from the computer. I can save any file I want from an email without the need for an app to be opened on the phone that supports the file. I can easily manage files using the included file manager... etc., etc.

All that being said, it is a shame Chen won't do the same thing instead of abandoning the OS.
    I dont see him abandoning the os since governments and entreprise use it. He just has no incentive to produce blackberry 10 phones anymore. If the android phones start to generate revenue and BlackBerry starts to sell millions of android devices, then he has cash for R&D and can release a blackberry10 phone for the niche market that still chooses to use BB10 (government, entreprise, and blackberry loving consumers).

I don't get the same response at all though. Everyone who knows me, has come to know that I love blackberry and blackberry 10. People who are in business jobs, they always ask me about blackberry, because even though they use iphones and androids as personal phones, they know blackberry is where its at for productivity (BB10 that is).

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    01-08-16 11:02 AM
    BlackBerry ain't dead... but BB10 is.
    Where do you get your facts, from an Apple fanboy site? They are not abandoning BB10

Chen: Showing Our Commitment to BlackBerry 10 at CES 2016 | https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...blackberry-10/

Posted from my beautiful  Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.858 
    brian4591 likes this.
    01-08-16 11:22 AM
    I've had similar responses from a co worker. I always ask "what's the difference between my BlackBerry and his iphone?" And his answer is always the same, no answer at all.

Ironically said ibot is always picking up my Z30 and attempting to use it.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 11:26 AM
    I would get the same response when I had a Passport. I just took a moment to educate them about BlackBerry and moved on.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-08-16 11:37 AM
    I've never been ridiculed because of the passport people I've been in contact with have always been surprised and have shown great interest regarding this device because of its unique design and looks
    Even had people asking questions on the train about the passport few days ago I was at work a lady saw the phone on desk she said wow what beautiful looking phone you have she thought that the phone was brand new until I told her that I've have had it for over a year I truly ♡ my passport because it's a phone with an attitude that requires your immediate attention straight up ☝ ⏪

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 12:15 PM
    Where do you get your facts, from an Apple fanboy site? They are not abandoning BB10

Chen: Showing Our Commitment to BlackBerry 10 at CES 2016 | https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...blackberry-10/

Posted from my beautiful  Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.858 
    Two scheduled maintenance updates, Zero BB10 handsets this year... Yup, that's commitment for you.
    01-08-16 12:27 PM
    I dont see him abandoning the os since governments and entreprise use it. He just has no incentive to produce blackberry 10 phones anymore. If the android phones start to generate revenue and BlackBerry starts to sell millions of android devices, then he has cash for R&D and can release a blackberry10 phone for the niche market that still chooses to use BB10 (government, entreprise, and blackberry loving consumers).

I don't get the same response at all though. Everyone who knows me, has come to know that I love blackberry and blackberry 10. People who are in business jobs, they always ask me about blackberry, because even though they use iphones and androids as personal phones, they know blackberry is where its at for productivity (BB10 that is).

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    Honestly, everyone I have shown my phone to, and demonstrated its abilities, changed their minds. I work in an artistic field so there are many iPhones. Unfortunately, most people have been brainwashed by the iPhone and Android cults. For me, I would rather be able to easily get work done, and I can with the Z10, or any other BB10 device.

I was looking to potentially switch, and because I hate Google so much, I looked at the 6S, once phone, but I lose the SD card and removable battery. Okay, I decided would buy the 64GB model and that should work. I then delved into the email capabilities, and discovered it was more like, lack of ability. Saving attachments was poor at best. I sometime have to save attachments for which there are no, and probably never will be apps that allow you to save them on the iPhone. I can save anything on BB10. I can limit how emails are dowloaded in varying increments. On the iPhone you lack the options. You have some options, but not as many, and not enough.

There just isn't enough usability for me to switch. BB10 does it better, for my purposes, which I will admit are rather unusual. Still, with the greater flexibility that comes with options, something BB10 gives you, it can be tailored for almost any use. It has been sad to see it so badly managed and developed.
    01-08-16 01:08 PM

There just isn't enough usability for me to switch. BB10 does it better, for my purposes, which I will admit are rather unusual. Still, with the greater flexibility that comes with options, something BB10 gives you, it can be tailored for almost any use. It has been sad to see it so badly managed and developed.
    Absolutely right. With BlackBerry 10 I can do almost anything and feel unbound. Referring to Mr. Chen, I think he gets the job better done than his predecessor. The devices follow one after the other rather quickly (when I remember the incredible delays around the Z10!) and people feel a stability and good flow coming back. This creates new trust and confidence into the company. In my opinion the company has the worst behind them - thanks to the workers at BlackBerry and faithful customers, but also to Mr. Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by craggy; 01-09-16 at 09:46 AM.
    PHughes likes this.
    01-08-16 03:25 PM
    I too faced similar issues and I too didn't cared for those who said anything which I didn't liked. I just know one thing that I am happy to own BlackBerry Passport & proud to be different rather than running behind all others and buying apple.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 03:49 PM
    Because the first stage of realising you have been wrong all along is anger.

Next up is denial.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 04:14 PM
    I'd calmly tell them that have me mistaken for someone who gives a cr@p about what they think.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    01-08-16 04:41 PM
    People just talk s**t for the sake of talking.

Don't worry about it. Keep typing and swiping away.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-08-16 05:14 PM
    01-08-16 05:28 PM
    I hear it all the time from family members with iPhones as if it's the only and best device on the market. I got tired of having everything Apple, iPad, iPhone, iMac, icloud, itunes, ipay enough time for a change from iSheep.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and lylesilverman like this.
    01-08-16 05:51 PM
68 123