Just received mine.

With the lack of information on the market for these I wanted to make sure people who haven't bought one yet have the facts in their hands I didn't when I bought mine.

I am not happy with it tbh, but I don't post just to vent my dislike of it, my intention is to make people aware of what the product is and isn't. I recognise some may not be bothered by the things I am.

Positives first:

Holster magnets perform correctly, and the phone goes in and out of sleep states when you open and close it.

An LED lense exists on the front flap and functions perfectly well.

Negatives:

It appears very cheap leather, more like a fablon finish you get on a cheap diary from a newsagent. In fact that is what it looks like all in all, a cheap diary. The spine has already wrinkled very badly in a way I wouldn't expect a decent quality soft leather to where it bends and I haven't bent it back or barely used it. The case does not seem to align perfectly with the phone and feels just a fraction too small

But most importantly, it does NOT clip in place. This utilises an adhesive pad to stick to the back of your passport. It is claimed it uses a reusable micro suction technology, but I haven't put it to the test yet.

This may or may not bother people, but had I known that I would have waited for something better to hit the market, so I thought I'd point it out for everyone. For 20 GBP, (which was actually discounted from higher prices I've seen)as value for money I rate it very very low.
    EsJayDee and pre456 like this.
    10-27-14 07:28 AM
    Uhmm ya, that would bother me. ALOT!!
    10-27-14 07:32 AM
    it does NOT clip in place. This utilises an adhesive pad to stick to the back of your passport. It is claimed it uses a reusable micro suction technology, but I haven't put it to the test yet.
    A gentleman has tried a hybrid solution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hybrid-970269/

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:09 AM
    hadn't seen that thread. thanks.

personally I balk at paying blackberry twice as much for a diy kit for a case that isn't even half as good but there you go that's me Looks like the cuts are biting hard into BlackBerry...

A gentleman has tried a hybrid solution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hybrid-970269/

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:29 AM