1. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Hi, I am currently using the native remember app but I've heard a lot of praises for Evernote app. So, is it worth jumping from remember to evernote? I just need one app for notes and task with calendar synchronization.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:24 AM
    You will not find the answer, until you try...it's free. I'm is YOUR preference that counts.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    12-14-14 05:29 AM
    I currently using remember it is fast. Compare to evernote it is slow start even compare to snap onenote. Im using onenote for my computer collaboration and with my wife
    12-14-14 05:33 AM
    you can't compare to both application. Evernote has ability to sync all of our devices, laptop or pc.
    but if you only use blackberry devices and no need to open your notes on other devices, blackberry remember is faster compare to evernote
    on the other hand, if you own evernote account (free or premium), it will automatically sync your notes from evernote to blackberry remember
    12-14-14 05:55 AM
    Yes, I use Evernote because I need to access the data from work laptop too. If Blend comes to Z30, I might switch to Remember.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:18 AM
    I stopped using Evernote because of their Privacy policies. Remember gets it done quite well now. And, with Blend it gets even better!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    suzicat and jupiter8 like this.
    12-14-14 06:25 AM
    I use remember but I'm switching to Evernote.

The update is very snappy, it works across many devices, sometimes I like to dump files, texts, urls, pdfs on my desktop and it syncs onto my phone.

No need to use Remember or Print to go when using Evernote.

Depends how you intend to use it though.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:38 AM
    I like to try all the OS leaks and use the autoloaders to install the new OS . The problem is when you use a autoloader it wipes you're phone clean and I was losing all the notes on remember. With Evernote I have everything sinking in the cloud and I do not lose anything.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    12-14-14 06:39 AM
    I use Remember because you need a reliable Internet connection in order to access Evernote.

I tend to use Remember for lists (grocery, To Do) and when in a store where reception is spotty, Evernote became useless.

I can see the value of Evernote and confess that my preferences are based on the older versions. Evernote was very slow to load then. I have not tried the updated version yet.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    thymaster likes this.
    12-14-14 07:24 AM
    You can use the share button in Remember to sync to Evernote (or Dropbox, Box, meeting participants, BBM, email or whatever) so I'm going to say Remember wins. But this is not a fair comparison because I don't use Evernote. The privacy policies there leave too much to be desired for me, personally.
    12-14-14 09:02 AM
    I am a bit confused here when reading this thread.

Remember actually syncs all your Evernote on the fly too, if you add your Evernote account in it.

And you can add your exchange account in it to sync its note and todos too. Doesn't matter how many accounts you have.

Remember is like the hub of all your notes, todos, reminders, it syncs with them and integrates with your Calendar automatically. It's a very very powerful GTS tool that i don't see any thing like it elsewhere.

Am I missing something here? Go to the help app on your BlackBerry 10 and search for Remember, it will give you all the features about Remember.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    ALToronto and imz like this.
    12-14-14 09:31 AM
    Hi, I am currently using the native remember app but I've heard a lot of praises for Evernote app. So, is it worth jumping from remember to evernote? I just need one app for notes and task with calendar synchronization.

Posted via CB10
    The main reason I personally prefer Evernote is that it synchronises to all my other registered devices and especially my PC. I can scan in a receipt on my PC and my BlackBerry handsets and Playbook tablet will all have a copy within a few minutes.

I can take notes within Evernote during a meeting, on my PC, and my Passport will have that information immediately once I am done. Very handy.

PS: I use the paid version of Evernote so I don't have the issues with needing a network connection to review stored notes.
    12-14-14 10:03 AM
    But this is not a fair comparison because I don't use Evernote. The privacy policies there leave too much to be desired for me, personally.
    No doubt. Evernote's lack of privacy is a travesty in my opinion.

suzicat and jupiter8 like this.
    12-14-14 10:28 AM
    I like to try all the OS leaks and use the autoloaders to install the new OS . The problem is when you use a autoloader it wipes you're phone clean and I was losing all the notes on remember. With Evernote I have everything sinking in the cloud and I do not lose anything.

^^ this^^

I'd prefer to use all the BlackBerry apps like remember and Password keeper but until they have cloud storage I'd pass.

Posted via CB10
    andreirad likes this.
    12-14-14 10:55 AM
    Remember because Evernote is a complete waste

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 11:15 AM

Use the app "backup pro" off BlackBerry World. You choose to back up pretty much everything and then restore it. I bought this specifically for my notes in the Remember app because of your exact scenario.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps and andreirad like this.
    12-14-14 11:23 AM
    you can't compare to both application. Evernote has ability to sync all of our devices, laptop or pc.
    but if you only use blackberry devices and no need to open your notes on other devices, blackberry remember is faster compare to evernote
    on the other hand, if you own evernote account (free or premium), it will automatically sync your notes from evernote to blackberry remember
    I didn't know it could do this..............................could you let me know how its done thanks
    12-14-14 03:34 PM
    BB Remember is fast and quick to access. Notes are better layout and more organized.

The big advantage Evernote have is it's a cloud service that allows to you access your notes from your computer or any other device.
    12-14-14 03:53 PM
    Depends on your needs. Try both and judge for yourself. I personally use evernote, and remember for its evernote integration.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 03:54 PM
    I am a bit confused here when reading this thread.

Remember actually syncs all your Evernote on the fly too, if you add your Evernote account in it.

Remember is like the hub of all your notes, todos, reminders, it syncs with them and integrates with your Calendar automatically. It's a very very powerful GTS tool that i don't see any thing like it elsewhere.
    I totally forgot about this!

I retract my earlier post, Remember AND Evernote combined.
    The power of Evernote cross platform (blackberry, iOs, windows, mac, web browser) coupled with Blackberry remember which now acts as a hub for my:

1) Local notes on my phone (quick random snippets of info when on the fly)
    2) Outlook.com tasks / notes (cloud, cross platform)
    3) Evernote (multiple notebooks & stacks)

Productivity at it's finest!

I'd probably use Remember a little more, but the Evernote app is still better for searching hundreds of notes.

Remember only allows search of titles, with evernote, it searches the content within each entry.
    Sync takes a lot longer than the native evernote app.
    Respects Stacks and folders beneath. Whereas Remember gets rid of the Parent as it doesn't support sub-folders.

There are a few pros and cons to each, but kind of works I guess.

The Remember Hub does need some loving from Blackberry though.
    Last edited by mr_zed10; 12-14-14 at 04:13 PM.
    12-14-14 04:02 PM
    Use the app "backup pro" off BlackBerry World. You choose to back up pretty much everything and then restore it. I bought this specifically for my notes in the Remember app because of your exact scenario.

Posted via CB10
    +1. So do I. Backup Pro is excellent and encrypt able.

FireChestApps likes this.
    12-14-14 04:49 PM
    How do you sync Remember and Evernote? Can't find it in both applications

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:05 PM
    How do you sync Remember and Evernote? Can't find it in both applications
    Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Evernote

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:21 PM
    Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Evernote

Posted via CB10
    That worked. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:58 AM
    I use the Remember app because I put context-sensitive notes in different places, including Evernote and multiple Exchange servers as Outlook Notes and Tasks. Remember is the glue that holds them together. I never use the Evernote app on my phone, but I use it on my PC a lot.

I use Evernote for my business and my personal information, but I have Exchange accounts on my clients' servers and sync my Outlook notes to different folders in Remember. I would never put my clients info in my Evernote acct. In fact, that might violate the terms of my contracts with them.

Currently, I have 15 folder in Remember as follows

7 synced to Evernote, including one named "_ Inbox" set as my default where all new ideas and To Do items go for later processing.

6 synced to Exchange servers in my clients' domains (1 Tasks and 1 Notes for each of three Exchange accounts that allows my clients to share information and assign tasks to me like any other Outlook user in their company.

1 synced to my personal Hotmail account that has legacy notes from as far back as the late 1990s I keep meaning to purge/migrate.

1 "Secure" on my device that syncs to a trusted cloud location and contains sensitive personal information I don't want to put on Evernote or any other public service.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    12-15-14 08:04 AM
49 12