I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the engineering screen on the BlackBerry Passport.

I know we go on the browser and then type "escreen://"

Then we generate the passkey. But how do we enter it if the numbers aren't showing?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:01 PM
    Tap on the block of text near the top of the screen, clear it out with the 'X' and then enter your passkey.
    CeCoQ likes this.
    10-15-14 07:09 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:41 PM
    How do u generate the passkey

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:42 PM
    10-15-14 08:47 PM
    I've managed to access the engineering screen on my passport. I'm using t-mobile. Does anybody know how to use the engineering screens to set up tethering access without Tmobile's interference?
    10-27-14 08:54 AM
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I followed all the instructions and can't access engineering screen.

Went into browser, typed in escreen://.
    Cleared the block of text that says

BlackBerry
    By BlackBerry Limited
    If you have problems, please call technical support

and entered the passcode and hit enter. Nothing happens.

The passcode was generated from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...elpScreen.html.
    I put in my device pin, OS version and uptime as shown exactly on my "Help Me!" page.

I also tried putting in my device PIN with upper case/lower case in the passcode generator, tried inputting the generated passcode in upper case/lower case. None of these work.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by mofokey; 11-18-14 at 09:37 AM.
    11-18-14 09:15 AM
    I'm also struggling to access the escreen ! I can enter the passkey in the box after clearing the block of text saying Balckberry etc but then nothing once I hit enter. Passcode has been entered exactly as generated with CAPS where applicable.

Any ideas please ? I'm trying to check the apn settings for a new sim card as even after entering the new apn code in the network settings window I'm being told no data service.

Thanks

John
    03-21-15 08:10 AM
    You need to enter the pass code fast. You have maybe 30 seconds from the time you pull up the Help Me screen to entering the passcode. As you may suspect, the passcode is time sensitive since you are required to enter the system up time to obtain the passcode.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 01:59 PM
    It's a lot easier to use Thurask's BB10 downloader app, which has a escreen option included... https://github.com/thurask/bbdownloader

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:05 PM
    Thanks I've got in but it wont take an H2O apn setting !
    03-22-15 06:42 AM
    Hello,

Trying to enter the Escreen on my Passport SE. The keyboard isnt registering any key presses when I try to type into the text box. I can bring up the soft symbols and numbers, but as soon as I try to type a physical letter, the number pad disappears and no letters are typed into the text box. I just tried this on my Z10 using the soft keyboard and it worked as advertised.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Kept requesting new codes until I saw one with a single letter at the start. I pressed the key (nothing showed in the text box), but then used the virtual keyboard to enter the remaining numbers in one go, and it worked.
    Last edited by chetmanley; 08-16-16 at 07:20 PM.
    08-16-16 05:56 PM