09-27-14 09:26 PM
    Engadget is usually pretty fair and open-minded. We'll see how it fairs when review time comes though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-14 10:01 PM
    Their biggest complaint in the final review will still be App Ecosystem. Especially now that we know the amazon App store has the Passport "blacklisted" for unknown reasons. I'm sure the Engadget reviewers will try to get popular apps, i.e. Netflix, etc and be unable to do so, and then assume the phone isn't capable of those apps, when in fact it really is.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 10:03 PM
    I've read a number of reviews on the Passport and most of them are similar to Endgadget's.
    So far, the consensus has been that it's a "power user" phone with a love or hate factor. You'll either love it and buy it or hate it and not.
    Apparently BlackBerry also realizes this, but is aiming for a niche target in the market.

One reviewer at Digital Spy thinks it's a bold move and another reviewer at DS hates it.
    Most have asked the same question about the lack of the 4th row of keys (given it's size) and yet everyone got used to the keyboard after using the phone for a week.
    All have stated that the display is one of the best they've seen, but that the shape of the screen doesn't lend itself to watching movies. Something that a user like myself doesn't have time or care to do anyway.
    I think that some reviewers have brought up some good points and except for one DS and Gizmodo reviewer, most have said that this phone could go either way for BB.
    It's interesting to read the bits and pieces which either substantiates or adds to the review that Bla1ze wrote.
    For someone who likes a physical keyboard (like myself), it really comes down to how well the OS operates and the reviewers are mixed on their reviews of the Passport's 10.3 OS. It sounds like there are either still bugs with the system or one or two reviewers (Android users) don't know what their looking at.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 09-28-14 at 11:11 PM.
    09-27-14 10:34 PM
    Their biggest complaint in the final review will still be App Ecosystem. Especially now that we know the amazon App store has the Passport "blacklisted" for unknown reasons. I'm sure the Engadget reviewers will try to get popular apps, i.e. Netflix, etc and be unable to do so, and then assume the phone isn't capable of those apps, when in fact it really is.

Posted via CB10
    Considering that the Amazon App Store is a long done deal with BB, I'm surprised at what you wrote about Amazon "blacklisting" the Passport, because I just went to Amazon's site and they have them listed as "sold out".
    Where can one read about this?
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 10-02-14 at 09:10 PM.
    09-27-14 10:52 PM