One small thing he talks about is how you can't do strings of numbers with the physical keyboard. That is false, however, because you can if you hold down on the "down arrow key" after initially swiping up to bring up the numbers menu.

Posted via CB10
    I just learned that the larger virtual keyboard is MAPPED to the physical keys. you don't have to touch the glass ever.

swipe down on physical keys = virtual keyboard 1 appears, mapped to physical keys
    swipe down on physical keys 2nd time = virtual keyboard 2, also mapped to physical keys
    swipe down on physical keys 3rd time = back to normal alpha physical keyboard.

Life-altering for me!
    geekaren and DenimAndLeather like this.
    10-31-14 09:45 AM
    I just learned that the larger virtual keyboard is MAPPED to the physical keys. you don't have to touch the glass ever.

swipe down on physical keys = virtual keyboard 1 appears, mapped to physical keys
    swipe down on physical keys 2nd time = virtual keyboard 2, also mapped to physical keys

Life-altering for me!
    While a great feature, this does not work for numbers in a series or row. You only get one character per swipe, which.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 11:19 AM
    @deadcowboy - after you swipe downwards to get the mapped keys, press and hold the down arrow key in the bottom right of the virtual keyboard. You'll now be able to type as many of the mapped keys you want in a row.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    10-31-14 11:34 AM

Life-altering for me!
    Thanks for this!^^ I didn't know about the second swipe feature. Awesome. I guess I should really spend the time to go through the tutorials that came wiht the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:44 PM
    There are so many rich features buried in this keyboard, it may take us a very long time to discover all of them. And by then each update will have additional features that will only enhance productivity. That is what bothers me about these reviews. They are always claiming that the Passport cannot do this or cannot do that when in fact you can do much of what they are claiming it can't do. They just have not spent enough time with the device or they won't bother to really understand it.
    For me the Passport has dramatically increased my productivity. My staff is flabbergasted at how structured I have become and how I can remember detailed follow up on every single project. Using the wonderful voice to text capabilities in the Passport my emails have become very prolific, detailed and accurate. The more I use the keyboard and learn the many shortcuts, the more effective I become on it.
    It's not me it's the Passport .

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    10-31-14 01:04 PM
    There are so many rich features buried in this keyboard, it may take us a very long time to discover all of them. And by then each update will have additional features that will only enhance productivity. That is what bothers me about these reviews. They are always claiming that the Passport cannot do this or cannot do that when in fact you can do much of what they are claiming it can't do. They just have not spent enough time with the device or they won't bother to really understand it.
    For me the Passport has dramatically increased my productivity. My staff is flabbergasted at how structured I have become and how I can remember detailed follow up on every single project. Using the wonderful voice to text capabilities in the Passport my emails have become very prolific, detailed and accurate. The more I use the keyboard and learn the many shortcuts, the more effective I become on it.
    It's not me it's the Passport .

Posted via CB10
    I know things about the Passport that reviewers don't and they've used the device... that's unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 01:06 PM
    Dave! You've been spending way too much time on CB reading every Passport review haven't you?? You've also been rocking the Passport in your dreams too huh??

I know things about the Passport that reviewers don't and they've used the device... that's unacceptable.

Posted via CB10

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 01:15 PM
    Dave! You've been spending way too much time on CB reading every Passport review haven't you?? You've also been rocking the Passport in your dreams too huh??

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    I know a lot about each platform OS, and I expect the reviewers to know as much as me because that's what they do.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 01:38 PM
    I know a lot about each platform OS, and I expect the reviewers to know as much as me because that's what they do.

Posted via CB10
    At the same time I guess you can argue that a reviewer with the same knowledge as an average user will give a more accurate assessment of the gadget. It probably depends on the purpose of the review.. whether it is meant to be a.. recommendation to another lay person or a more technical know how knowledge based piece...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 02:19 PM
    But how do people know what it can do if some features are so obscure? This may be a minority opinion, but I think you can pretty much get a good impression of a smartphone in a few days, especially if you’re a professional reviewer. Personally, I can judge that within a day of use, it isn’t exactly rocket science for tech-savvy people. But if they can’t figure out how things work after a couple of days, then that’s BlackBerry’s fault. Getting used to a new system is one thing and that may take some time, but you should be able to get a good idea of what your system will do for you and what it won’t do.

Moreover, I don’t like to think so much about future patches. Maybe productivity will be better, maybe it won’t. The Passport has to be solid from the start, otherwise it misses the train. While the Passport has attracted a lot of attention, the impressions were still mostly lukewarm for various reasons.
    10-31-14 04:33 PM
    But how do people know what it can do if some features are so obscure? This may be a minority opinion, but I think you can pretty much get a good impression of a smartphone in a few days, especially if you�re a professional reviewer. Personally, I can judge that within a day of use, it isn�t exactly rocket science for tech-savvy people. But if they can�t figure out how things work after a couple of days, then that�s BlackBerry�s fault. Getting used to a new system is one thing and that may take some time, but you should be able to get a good idea of what your system will do for you and what doesn�t.

Moreover, I don�t like to think so much about future patches. Maybe productivity will be better, maybe it won�t. The Passport has to be solid from the start, otherwise it misses the train.
    Do the tutorials ? Read the guide that they made in pdf? Nobody wants to do these things anymore ?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:35 PM
    I like it. He did his homework and still was not afraid to make corrections. That?s rare this days.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Agreed. Very rare for a modern journalist to make corrections and be upfront about them (without being legally forced to make such corrections....).
    10-31-14 06:17 PM
    But how do people know what it can do if some features are so obscure? This may be a minority opinion, but I think you can pretty much get a good impression of a smartphone in a few days, especially if you�re a professional reviewer
    This is a laptop. Much more complex than a smartphone. You need a lot of time to learn all the things it can do!
    I have had it for more than three weeks, I have been using computers since 1984 and I have a Ph.D.in electrical and computer engineering (not joking) I am still learning new tricks every day on this device.
    I have been typing 20 page long scientific articles on this keyboard and doing presentations from the passport to large audiences.
    I use it pretty much all the time instead of my laptop. It is almost as good as my Linux laptop.
    This is something else..
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-31-14 06:22 PM
    That report is nothing but a cover for discouraging people from buying a Passport. I signed up so I could comment on the article.
    So I asked if the writer had directly or indirectly shares of Apple, Google, or Windows. simple disclaimer question. It never got answered and when I went back to view if there was a answer, my user name no longer exist. They deleted my account! A wolf in sheep clothing.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    10-31-14 09:29 PM
    That report is nothing but a cover for discouraging people from buying a Passport. I signed up so I could comment on the article.
    So I asked if the writer had directly or indirectly shares of Apple, Google, or Windows. simple disclaimer question. It never got answered and when I went back to view if there was a answer, my user name no longer exist. They deleted my account! A wolf in sheep clothing.

You could always just ask him on Twitter. That's how I got some corrections to the review made. *shrug*
    geekaren likes this.
    11-01-14 03:54 AM

Life-altering for me!
    Holy sh*t! My mind just got blown!

Thanks for that tip!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 08:39 AM
    Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    11-01-14 09:16 AM
    Why people get so tense about this review. It's incredible. It's a fair review.!!
    The blackberry passport is far to be perfect. I like my passport, but I can't say it's the best phone.
    People call apple fanboy i-sheep. But I guess we could call fanboy blackberry bb-sheep. It is hard for some people to accept criticisms.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:35 AM
    You could always just ask him on Twitter. That's how I got some corrections to the review made. *shrug*
    Thanks, I can see he already crossed out some sections of the review. I will hunt him down on twitter.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:52 AM
    Why people get so tense about this review. It's incredible. It's a fair review.!!
    The blackberry passport is far to be perfect. I like my passport, but I can't say it's the best phone.
    People call apple fanboy i-sheep. But I guess we could call fanboy blackberry bb-sheep. It is hard for some people to accept criticisms.

Posted via CB10
    Really it is a great review!!!!!!! Do you know that they fallow the same format on their reviews. Pay attention to the way they set up the paragraphs. Let me make this simple.

Example : well the passport features a 13mp ois camera and it also has a corning gorilla glass 3.

Wait wait wait wait, now comes the turn off.

So how can anyone say it is a great or good review.

Let's take a lesson on propaganda

Propaganda is a form of communication aimed towards influencing the attitude of a population toward some cause or position.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 11:03 AM
    Propaganda??! Seriously.
    Some people from crackberry will never finish to amazed me.

Yea Apple his behind this....for sure

Are you sure you didn't wanted to say Paranoia and not propaganda. ?!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 11:14 AM
    Propaganda??! Seriously.
    Some people from crackberry will never finish to amazed me.

Yea Apple his behind this....for sure

Are you sure you didn't wanted to say Paranoia and not propaganda. ?!

Posted via CB10
    Never said anyone was behind it. Did i?
    Read the article and look up propaganda in your dictionary, if you have one.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just dump your iPhone and buy a real phone. Blackberry passport is something you don't have.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:44 PM
    Lol!! I do not have an iPhone sorry. What's wrong with you??!
    I have a passport and I like it. But I can have an opinion on it .what's this accusation ?? Relax

I do not need an iPhone if it's what you mean. This is the problem with people like you. Always bashing without knowing.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 311277
    11-01-14 01:12 PM
    Found this particular reviewer to be most fair... he tends not to use a phone for a day or two and write a review... spent a number of weeks using the z10 when it first came out... wrote a weekly review of his experiences just using the Z10... think many users are very thinned skinned.... no reviewer is going to like everything about a device.. as for not know certain things... well just look at the number of threads asking questions that many of us considered something everyone should know..... quite simple,,, no one knows everything... sometimes it takes months to learn all the quirks of a given device... reviewers of any device usually do not have such a luxury... reading the review I found it to be balanced... afterall he is sharing what his experiences are... did not read anywhere where he trashed the device...even when there were issues... instead of ragging about it... he praised it when there was something he liked....he ended it with maybe the issue will be resolved in the next OS update... all in all an excellent review....
    11-01-14 01:55 PM
52 123