Good article from Engadget with quotes and notes from actual Passport users.

Here's what our readers think of the BlackBerry Passport

This guy summed it up well, I think: "Ultimately, lloydlawrence says it's "like Marmite: You either love it or hate it, but it really is like nothing else on the market."
    Man@Arms, KemKev and bigbadben10 like this.
    05-12-15 07:35 PM
    I get a chuckle reading some of the haters' comments. Simply put, the Passport rocks!
    andy957 and thymaster like this.
    05-12-15 07:49 PM
    Love mine

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    redcubicle likes this.
    05-12-15 11:37 PM
    Passport is the best device in the world.

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    05-13-15 10:36 AM
    How the heck can typing on a physical keyboard be more difficult than typing on glass!!??!!??

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    clickitykeys likes this.
    05-13-15 02:22 PM
    The claim is that it is harder to push physical keys than tapping on glass. I personally like the sure feel of a physical keyboard over a virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-13-15 02:30 PM
    How the heck can typing on a physical keyboard be more difficult than typing on glass!!??!!??

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    Seeing is believing. Hand me a Passport and I'll type out a jumbled mess of letters. Hand me a Note 4 and I'll type/swipe out words that form complete and coherent sentences. I had physical keyboard phones from 2004-2010 and at random times since then. I performed better on day 1 with a word-tracing virtual keyboard than I did on day 2000 with a physical keyboard.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    05-13-15 03:12 PM
    Sorry to hear you're missing out on the best keyboard experience.

Swype...been there done that. Couldn't stand how inaccurate it is and having to go back and fix the mistakes that it suggest is time consuming and annoying to deal with.

Seeing is believing. Hand me a Passport and I'll type out a jumbled mess of letters. Hand me a Note 4 and I'll type/swipe out words that form complete and coherent sentences. I had physical keyboard phones from 2004-2010 and at random times since then. I performed better on day 1 with a word-tracing virtual keyboard than I did on day 2000 with a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-13-15 04:11 PM
    I just hopped on my Nexus 4 to debug an app I'm beta testing. It was the first time using a VKB in awhile. I was a heavy SwiftKey user. That's a fantastic app for VKB, but I'm sorry, it's not even close to the experience on a PKB.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    andy957 and clickitykeys like this.
    05-13-15 04:23 PM
    LOL. I thought I was typing faster on my Z10. Now I realize I was just typing lazier. And with a lot of very weirdly spelled words.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 04:34 PM
    Sorry to hear you're missing out on the best keyboard experience.

Swype...been there done that. Couldn't stand how inaccurate it is and having to go back and fix the mistakes that it suggest is time consuming and annoying to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    That's just the point; the Passport was the worst keyboard experience for me. Even the BlackBerry Bold 9900 was better than that for me. Swype may have been inaccurate for you, but it is highly accurate for me. Different people will perform better on different keyboards.
    byex likes this.
    05-13-15 07:01 PM
    Swype is a keylogger. Good luck with that.

All the people who were saying a virtual keyboard is superior were hypocritically typing from their laptop or desktop keyboards. If it were really superior, they would surely turn in their physical keyboards for a virtual one, right?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-13-15 07:29 PM
    All of my smart phones prior to the Passport have had virtual keyboards. I had always known that typing on a physical keyboard would be faster or more efficient. But with the volume of words that we type on our phone, the gain in efficiency would be far to few.

To make an analogy, try asking any office workers to drop their physical keyboard from their desktop computer and change it with a virtual keyboard (ala iPads, Surface, Galaxy Tabs). They would surely be less efficient. And it is more evident since they are at the computer typing out reports, documents, invoices, etc in volumes. I've seen this first hand. We develop computer software for businesses and one client insisted on using Android Tablets in lieu of a Computer. After a month everyone had a USB or Bluetooth physical keyboard because they just couldn't keep up with the workload if they used the VKB.

Now back to phones, I thought that the volume of words that we would be typing on our phones doesn't make the efficiency of the PKB stand out. Sure if I would be typing. "Ok. See you." in a VKB versus a PKB then the difference would be negligible. Heck I might even be faster on the VKB. Then along came my Passport. My first smartphone with a full querty keyboard and I realized that I could now type long emails on my Passport with such each and efficiency. Something which I could not do before in my VKB. Before I would usually whip out my Surface Pro 2 which has a keyboard cover and type my long email reply on there. Bottom line, when typing longer emails or even posts such as this one. Typing it in a Passport is much more efficient and faster.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:55 PM

All the people who were saying a virtual keyboard is superior were hypocritically typing from their laptop or desktop keyboards. If it were really superior, they would surely turn in their physical keyboards for a virtual one, right?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah OK. Desktop keyboards have numeric keypad and FN keys and use all ten fingers. The keys are also bigger and have more tactile feel and depth.
    21stNow likes this.
    05-13-15 09:05 PM
    Unfortunately with double typing issue, I miss more and more the VKB on Z30

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-13-15 09:07 PM
    VKB's and swype rely primarily on the sense of sight in addition to using a limited array of clicks and vibrations which provide very little distinguishing power.

PKB's with sculpted keys leverage the sense of sight as well as touch and a certain amount of hearing.

It is obvious why PKB's are more robust and pleasant to type on.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    FobiddenRiceman likes this.
    05-13-15 09:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not hypocritical to type on a PC with a physical keyboard and prefer a virtual keyboard on a phone. A PC and a phone are two different things that can perform similar functions. I don't drive a sedan and an SUV in the same manner; I use the mirrors differently and have more area to check for vehicles in my blind spot in an SUV than a car. Some SUVs come with the smaller add-on mirrors that can help you with the blind spots more and SUVs offered more in back-up assistance than cars did in recent years. They both transport me from point A to point B, but I have to use the hardware differently to accomplish the same goals.

What RH1Pearl said is correct. You can't make a logical comparison to a phone where most people are going to use two thumbs to a PC keyboard where most people will use 10 fingers.

To Zedd88's point, as well, I have used a large tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note Pro) to type long documents. The process was easier and quicker than I thought that it would be. That tablet is large enough for me to still use 10 fingers while typing. Once I type the first few words, my fingers can adjust to the difference between tapping keys and tapping on glass fairly easily. I wouldn't do this with a smaller tablet but again, I use the proper tools in order for my best performance in a task.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    05-13-15 09:28 PM
    I type faster on virtual keyboards than physical, but I do prefer swipe functionality. I do give up "blind" typing, but I do gain one handed typing, ambidexterity and cloud-supported personal dictionary.

And the aforementioned faster typing speed.
    05-13-15 09:37 PM
    To Zedd88's point, as well, I have used a large tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note Pro) to type long documents. The process was easier and quicker than I thought that it would be. That tablet is large enough for me to still use 10 fingers while typing. Once I type the first few words, my fingers can adjust to the difference between tapping keys and tapping on glass fairly easily. I wouldn't do this with a smaller tablet but again, I use the proper tools in order for my best performance in a task.
    Yes, you have adjusted and typed long documents using large tablets. But can you honestly say you are faster on the VKB of the large tablet or would you rather have a blue tooth keyboard paired to your tablet? Again, I have seen it in the workplace where users are encoding the whole day and they where more efficient with the physical keyboard than on a tablet. I own a surface pro and I do have my keyboard cover. Maybe typing occasionally you couldn't feel the difference (in speed and efficiency) but for those typing the whole day, they could feel the difference.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:19 PM
    55wpm passport
    110wpm mx black

45 virtual note 3

F Note 3
    05-13-15 10:23 PM
    Yes, you have adjusted and typed long documents using large tablets. But can you honestly say you are faster on the VKB of the large tablet or would you rather have a blue tooth keyboard paired to your tablet? Again, I have seen it in the workplace where users are encoding the whole day and they where more efficient with the physical keyboard than on a tablet. I own a surface pro and I do have my keyboard cover. Maybe typing occasionally you couldn't feel the difference (in speed and efficiency) but for those typing the whole day, they could feel the difference.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Bluetooth keyboard that I haven't used in almost four years. It's too small and the keys are too flat for it to be comfortable for me to type on. I bought the BT keyboard when I had a smaller tablet. If I don't want to type it on the Note Pro I go to a PC, at home and at work. I'll do emails or letters on the Note Pro but for spreadsheets, I'll choose a PC.
    05-14-15 07:16 AM