10-12-16 08:01 AM
28 12
tools
    Almost...After installing Mac OS Sierra, I discovered that BlackBerry is not supporting BlackBerry Link. I quickly discovered Link will not connect to my Passport any longer. It looks like BB10 is finished so time for a new phone and OS. If the Passport was available in full Android mode I guess I would consider it but it might be too late. Too bad. I really liked the BB10 experience. The demise of Blackberry's hand set business will make good business school case material.

Well see below, there is a solution I found...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PeterC4; 10-10-16 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Finally found a Solution
    10-10-16 06:18 AM
    Blackberry's been saying that a lot. I'd suggest it's not an ideal customer retention strategy. And I've been a loyal user from the beginning.
    10-10-16 06:24 AM
    After installing Mac OS Sierra, I discovered that BlackBerry is not supporting BlackBerry Link. I quickly discovered Link will not connect to my Passport any longer. It looks like BB10 is finished so time for a new phone and OS. If the Passport was available in full Android mode I guess I would consider it but it might be too late. Too bad. I really liked the BB10 experience. The demise of Blackberry's hand set business will make good business school case material.

Posted via CB10
    I read somewhere here that you should uninstall and re install link.
    10-10-16 06:27 AM
    I read somewhere here that you should uninstall and re install link.
    I heard the same thing. OP, I wouldn't give up on the phone just yet.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-10-16 06:32 AM
    I'm on Mac OS Sierra and bblink is working fine.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-10-16 06:57 AM
    me too!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 07:12 AM
    It seems a recent Itunes update caused Link not to work. I did a system restore to before that update and now Link works. Unfortunately now Itunes can't load my Library of songs!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 08:06 AM
    Wait ... I thought BlackBerry was 'actively supporting BlackBerry 10' ... ?!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-10-16 08:11 AM
    So far it appears that their 'actively supporting BlackBerry 10' is limited to stating that they are actively supporting it... *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 10:30 AM
    How did you manage that? I have uninstalled and installed BBLink to no avail. I have wiped out the library as well.
    10-10-16 12:23 PM
    BlackBerry finally came out with a solution for windows 10 customers so not sure if thisworks for Mac users with parallel software but here's the link.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000038592

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 12:30 PM
    I keep getting the message new drivers are required. when I try to load them nothing works.
    10-10-16 12:30 PM
    [Solution for BB10 and Mac OS Sierra

Disconnect all USB cables.
    Uninstall all BB software using the "Uninstall program from BB Link - you can download it and use the uninstall feature.

Go to System Preferences/Network on you mac.
    Check the USB connections on the left for duplicate names for Blackberry and delete duplicate.
    For the Blackberry Connection remaining, Under the Advanced Tab ensure that Hardware configuration is set to Auto.
    Hit apply.
    Reboot without any USB cables attached.
    Do a hard reboot of BB10.

Reinstall BB Link by using the following method:
    1) Double click on Blackberry Link dmg
    2) On the open Icon "Install Blackberry 10 Desktop Software" right click - show package contents
    3) Double Click on Contents, double click on Resources, double click Blackberry Blend.pkg
    4) Installation program should open, click install Blackberry Link
    5) Run the install program and then reboot.

On your BB, under USB enable USB Mass Storage Mode. This seems to get the Passport recognized in Sierra once you enter the device password on your computer

Open BB Link. It will recognize your BB device as a new one. Follow the instructions and BB Link should work after you enter the BB device password. Can't get Blend to work yet.
    Last edited by PeterC4; 10-10-16 at 05:04 PM.
    brian4591 likes this.
    10-10-16 04:54 PM
    BlackBerry has provided support for resolving the Link conflict with iTunes and Windows 10 -- just don't expect any more updates to Link.
    10-10-16 09:00 PM
    End of the Line-end_of_line_by_zenakrua-d3kyuu5.png
    10-11-16 12:24 AM
    Well, for me, even though I have mac's Sierra on my MBA, I also have a Dell with Windows 7 lying around for BlackBerry Link and other necessities. So to the OP, if you can find a cheap Windows machine, go for it!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 | 10.3.2.2813
    10-11-16 01:18 AM
    This thread was actually pretty successful.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 02:07 AM
    BlackBerry has provided support for resolving the Link conflict with iTunes and Windows 10 -- just don't expect any more updates to Link.
    If telling people to try turning it off and back on again is support then yeah, I guess that's our 'active commitment to BlackBerry 10'

Nice one, BlackBerry!
    10-11-16 04:30 AM
    Buying a PC to accommodate my "Smart" phone doesn't seem reasonable. The remaining issue is that I can't log in to BlackberryID from Link or my computer. If I fix that I think I may be able to get Blend to work.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 05:29 AM
    If telling people to try turning it off and back on again is support then yeah, I guess that's our 'active commitment to BlackBerry 10' Nice one, BlackBerry!
    It was more technical than that and solved the Link conflict with iTunes on Windows 10 for many people. Since we know that neither BB10 or Link is going to see any significant new development, it was good to see that BlackBerry was at least committed to providing a work-around for this issue.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-11-16 10:14 AM
    It was more technical than that and solved the Link conflict with iTunes on Windows 10 for many people. Since we know that neither BB10 or Link is going to see any significant new development, it was good to see that BlackBerry was at least committed to providing a work-around for this issue.
    Any port in a storm I guess?
    10-11-16 10:17 AM
    Yikes, none of this worked for me, SE Passport and Macbook pro retina with Sierra, I don't even have any USB connections in the network preferences. Canon Utility doesn't work either, doesn't mean I'll stop using my camera, but the OP is well within his rights to have had enough and move on.
    10-11-16 11:05 AM
    So far it appears that their 'actively supporting BlackBerry 10' is limited to stating that they are actively supporting it... *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    Nah, just "we are committed to BB10...", and that's better spin than actively supporting.
    10-11-16 12:40 PM
    To put it in perspective, I was and am a big supporter of the Passport. The efficacy of the keyboard, the ability to expand and have text right justified within the screen whether it's an email, word document or PDF, the long battery life, expandable memory are all good, key attributes. But it starts to fade when it takes 3 hours to get the related software like BlackBerry Link to work, and yet my BlackBerry ID Log-in still doesn't work. I don't know know how expensive it is to have a few dedicated techs handle updates but these difficulties are just too much trouble.

Posted via CB10
    Yikes, none of this worked for me, SE Passport and Macbook pro retina with Sierra, I don't even have any USB connections in the network preferences. Canon Utility doesn't work either, doesn't mean I'll stop using my camera, but the OP is well within his rights to have had enough and move on.
    Not a Mac user, but maybe Sachesi could be used as an alternative.
28 12