Tim, you're attitude makes me glad this happened to you.

You're fault, not blackberry's.

Posted via CB10
    You're fault? You're attitude? Huh?
    04-04-15 04:09 PM
    Lose your terrible attitude. You're mad the messages are gone, fine. Don't be a jerk. Deal with it.
    For someone who is supposed to be running the site for ALL users, don't you think this is rather rude?
    04-04-15 04:22 PM
    For someone who is supposed to be running the site for ALL users, don't you think this is rather rude?
    Not at all, he's the one who has to make the kids behave.
    04-04-15 04:24 PM
    ...read what he was replying to before assuming that...he (Bla1ze) was right on the money...and you thought he was rude?...man you need to get some thicker skin...lol

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    04-04-15 04:25 PM
    This thread is the textbook example of "Opinions are like *s: everybody has one." And most of the posters in this thread are one.

I think this thread would be a very valuable object lesson in a university languages / communications course.
    04-04-15 04:28 PM
    Not at all, he's the one who has to make the kids behave.
    I agree but there's a nice way of doing so, his comment just ignited the flames more. Anyway it's just my opinion, that's all. I must be living in a different century where people respected differences of opinion.
    04-04-15 04:37 PM
    One of the best features is End Chat. Guaranteed to delete it fully.

Sexy White Z30
    04-04-15 05:47 PM
    RyanGermann & jojon2se: Thanks, you took the time to try and understand the problem.

So there are actually two problems, the second of which is more serious.

Problem #1:As you both of you point out, it is not at all obvious that the even if one reads the button that it will delete ALL of the messages. The UI designers could have just as easily chosen this to delete a single message in the SMS thread if they had wanted since this IS an option one has ordinarily. This is a mistake a user will make once however.

Problem #2: (jojon2se alluded to this): If one is triaging and deleting 10-15 emails in the Hub in rapid succession the process goes like this: long press the message and then hit confirm delete when the confirmation requester pops up. Repeat and go to the next message. While doing this, no one bothers to read the text in the requester dialog when it pops up. You know what is going to happen, you're seen the message hundreds of times before. The problem arises if one accidentally selects a text message instead (not hard to do on a small screen), the expected confirmation requester pops up, but in this case we have 'End Chat' confirmation is in the lower right corner exactly where the confirmation to delete an email is normally. It's not hard to accidentally go ahead and click this button, especially if one is intending to delete an email just like they've immediately done 15 times immediately prior. You can't hold it against the user that they aren't carefully reading the fine print each time. But in this scenario, the user has now deleted an entire SMS thread from which there is no way to recover.
    As some have said already, to delete multiple messages, don't delete them one by one but use 'select more'

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:48 PM
    Omg Thank you! Thank goodness some other people are seeing what's going on in this thread.

If one more person chimes in saying it's the user's fault I'm giving up on humanity.

Yes, it's user error Einsteins, we know and agree it says delete in the smaller print on the button.

Now how can this user error be prevented without adding additional steps?

Oh I know!

Put DELETE in the larger print of the button.

/ENDthread

Posted via CB10
    No, I know, you guys start reading things before pressing buttons. The problem pretty much fixes itself!

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-04-15 07:01 PM
    Yah, it should have a pop-up warning to ask if you really intended to type "you're" instead of "your." Damn you BB for making him type the wrong thing!!!!

andy957 likes this.
    04-04-15 07:03 PM
    Yep, only OP can be a jerk. Duh, come on Bla1ze...

04-04-15 07:04 PM
    I agree but there's a nice way of doing so, his comment just ignited the flames more. Anyway it's just my opinion, that's all. I must be living in a different century where people respected differences of opinion.
    Lol, sorry, but reading your comment just makes me think of the person who reports a PE coach because he wasn't nice about asking the kids to run laps... What the heck is wrong with us now, we have turned into a bunch of thin skinned pansies. I used to think it was hilarious when the coach would call us names. Now kids are crying about it and now we have participation trophies... smh

04-04-15 07:07 PM
    Seems pretty obvious to me as well. PEBKAU

Sorry about what happened, OS is not at fault here. Clearly the user (you) had no idea how deleting a line in text or the whole conversation works.

I've added some screen shots clearly you can see the difference!!!

Attachment 345018

Attachment 345019

Passport 

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    04-04-15 07:21 PM
    I'm surprised PDinos3 didn't catch that. He's usually my proof reader.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-04-15 11:03 PM
    a bunch of thin skinned pansies.
    I am offended by this flowerism. I'm a pansy and proud of it, you dirty yellow daffodil.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    04-04-15 11:45 PM
    I am offended by this flowerism. I'm a pansy and proud of it, you dirty yellow daffodil.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    Your mother was a daffodil...

Lol :-P

No flowerism intended, all flowers are beautiful! :-D

04-05-15 10:01 AM
    She doesn't, actually

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    Hey now, I may be super good looking and single, but I am not a "she"

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-05-15 10:29 AM
    Hey now, I may be super good looking and single, but I am not a "she"

Posted via CB10
    This is the internet. You are whatever we want you to be.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    scorepion likes this.
    04-05-15 11:32 AM
    Email is entirely different then SMS
    Agreed, but with the HUB, BlackBerry is asking us to think of all incoming feeds as the same, yet simultaneously asking us to remember that the OS handles different types of messages differently.
    While I feel for the OP, it's pretty clear from the warning message exactly what will happen if you delete a sms thread from the top level.
    What isn't clear is why BlackBerry asks it's users to accept a unified inbox with inconsistent behaviors for the various messages inbox. For long time BlackBerry users it's only an inconvenience. For newer users, it's a major inconvenience and a huge roadblock to reacceptance of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:52 PM
    This is the internet. You are whatever we want you to be.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    And in habs_fans case, she wants to be a he on the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-05-15 07:25 PM
    Reminds me of Linux. Delete means DELETE. Linux doesn't ask you if you are sure. Delete means Gone baby. No give backs.

Posted via CB10
    This is only true in a terminal or a very basic desktop environment. I don't really think you wanted to suggest that BlackBerry is the equivalent of a command line interface or fluxbox, did you?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-05-15 08:24 PM
    Time for the Mods to End this Chat....
    04-05-15 10:07 PM
    Time for the Mods to End this Chat....
    Are you really sure you want to end this chat?

04-05-15 11:38 PM
    I highly recommend a backup or forwarding app for SMS. I us SMS to Email Pro, and every time I send or receive a text it forwards it to my email address. I filter those emails to another folder, and so now have all of my SMS and MMS backed upon in my email. That way I can lose them (say, with a phone wipe or what not) without any fear.
    Yeah I think that is an important lesson. The fact that anything truly important needs back up.

I never really thought about auto forwarding texts to an email. That's cool.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-15 12:33 AM
    Attachment 345134

It clearly warns me...
    It says that all mesages in that chat will be deleted

Posted via CB10
    Yep. And it is not possible to have two separate SMS chats going with the same contact. So there ya go.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    RubenDM likes this.
    04-06-15 12:39 AM
274 ... 678910 ...