Factory Unlocked Passport SE and unlocked iPhone SE, both purchased directly from BlackBerry and Apple respectively. Both have latest OS update.
    Both phones are currently roaming on AT&T.
    iPhone got the emergency alert broadcast (there was some flooding), Passport did not. Mobile broadcast is enabled on channles 50, 919 and 519 with English, French and Spanish enabled. Reject anonymous messages is disabled. Is there anything else?
    My understanding is that cell broadcast is standard technology so any phone that supports it supports it. Shouldn't need special software to be enabled?
    12-25-18 01:21 PM
    If you're roaming there's a chance they may not work. For that matter, they may not work period. There's still plenty of kinks in the system. In general, yes. They should be supported but it varies as noted: https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...838049650.html
    12-25-18 01:33 PM
    Aah well I do not see the 'Emergency Alerts' option in the Hub settings as described in that link there.
    This thing is straight from BlackBerry, so shouldn't everything be enabled/available? (well pending support from the carrier). Or does these menu options show or hide depending on which carrier's SIM is inserted?
    12-25-18 05:58 PM
    Aah well I do not see the 'Emergency Alerts' option in the Hub settings as described in that link there.
    This thing is straight from BlackBerry, so shouldn't everything be enabled/available? (well pending support from the carrier). Or does these menu options show or hide depending on which carrier's SIM is inserted?
    Just like the bootscreen and ringtones, depends on the SIM installed. Certain features are determined by SIM.
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-26-18 09:46 AM
    Ok, that's weird. Since I got back "home", I've let the Passport go fallow in favour of my Q10. It's been sitting around in bedside mode with all radios off as far as I can recall.
    Now I picked it up to check some settings and hey, what do you know, the emergency / presidential alerts setting is there! There's even the "Try it" button to see what it sounds like and all sorts of other settings.

Very mystified...how did this get activated without a SIM in it and without and radio connections?
    I checked my Z30, which was also in similar state but now has my active SIM in it and no emergency alert option....ditto my Q10.
    02-04-19 01:01 PM