Download version 1.2.8 on github and sideload it. It works for my passport

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    Could you post up a link? All I could find were uncompiled files and it's a ridiculous hassle to setup all of the environments/etc to compile it...

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-27-14 07:15 PM
    Could you post up a link? All I could find were uncompiled files and it's a ridiculous hassle to setup all of the environments/etc to compile it...

https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroA...es-1_0_2_8.bar

I found this link in another thread. It works with keyboard controls but I can't figure out how to change them. "A" and "B" buttons are reversed to what I'm used to so it makes playing Super Mario more than a bit tricky.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-27-14 11:56 PM
    https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroA...es-1_0_2_8.bar

I found this link in another thread. It works with keyboard controls but I can't figure out how to change them. "A" and "B" buttons are reversed to what I'm used to so it makes playing Super Mario more than a bit tricky.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Okay actually I just found that funny enough!

Just back to my issue of my phone not registering on my laptop as being setup despite me having completed it multiple times -.-

As soon as I fix that I'll test this out!

10-28-14 12:37 AM
    The original makers of RetroArch posted this just the other day:

@libretro: To repeat - mobile (Android/iOS/Blackberry) will get a new release of RetroArch when v1.0.0.4 beta surfaces at the end of this week or later

https://twitter.com/libretro/status/527378063869620224

It's coming, stay tuned

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:18 AM
    thanks for the update buddy! really looking forward to a working (still could not get mine running) environment
    11-02-14 06:41 AM
    The original makers of RetroArch posted this just the other day:

@libretro: To repeat - mobile (Android/iOS/Blackberry) will get a new release of RetroArch when v1.0.0.4 beta surfaces at the end of this week or later

https://twitter.com/libretro/status/527378063869620224

It's coming, stay tuned

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that link! Super happy

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:24 AM
    great news. best emulator hands down. Especially using the passport physical keys rather than using the on screen button layout (way too much wasted screen real estate).
    11-03-14 07:34 AM
    Okay sooo i was just an ***** and completely missed the entire cascades menu that's built into that 1.0.2.8 version of RetroArch!

Turns out in the bottom left, select overflow, select input, then set all of the key mappings X_X

Now the only thing I can't find is the N64 Core emulator, was that removed from the bb10 version?

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    11-03-14 08:46 AM
    Okay sooo i was just an ***** and completely missed the entire cascades menu that's built into that 1.0.2.8 version of RetroArch!

Turns out in the bottom left, select overflow, select input, then set all of the key mappings X_X

Now the only thing I can't find is the N64 Core emulator, was that removed from the bb10 version?

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about it. You aren't missing much anyway because the mapping is broken in these versions anyway.
    11-03-14 11:05 PM
    Don't worry about it. You aren't missing much anyway because the mapping is broken in these versions anyway.
    So you're saying that the N64's mapping was broken in the newer versions?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:44 AM
    I installed version 1.0.2.9 on my passport. It sometimes crashes on open otherwise once it does start it works fine and this ver. has the save state fix for snes which is why I'm using it.

I noticed that the 'B' button IS mappable in the cascades menu only and has to be done on every time the program is opened. If I'm playing a game where you can 'run and jump' at the same time, like Mario or DKC, I noticed I had to map my 'B' button vertically in a column to the other one because if they were in a row and next to each other, the run and jump or holding while moving to charge and jump or whatever won't work going in one direction.
    Last edited by Pcmx; 11-04-14 at 11:44 AM.
    patmur2010 likes this.
    11-04-14 11:33 AM
    The key mapping on 1.2.8 works fine on my passport. I prefer to use a real controller though. I connect my wiimote, and everything works. I will try my PS controller next

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 05:40 AM
    The key mapping on 1.2.8 works fine on my passport. I prefer to use a real controller though. I connect my wiimote, and everything works. I will try my PS controller next

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, wiimote + tv = awesome gameplay

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    TheBirdDog likes this.
    11-08-14 08:08 AM
    I've sideloaded Retroarch v1_0_2_8 on my Passport but every single GBC game I'm playing on it just seems to have a constant crackling sound on it!
    Has anyone else had this, If so, can anything be done?
    11-09-14 10:31 AM
    Let me know when this is working. Looks great

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:57 AM
    Do you mean retroarch as a whole, or the gbc problem. I am running PS1 games with no problem. In fact the only problems I have had is that Mame support isn't in the BlackBerry version. There is Arcade support, but it doesn't run some of the old games.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:02 PM
    Do you mean retroarch as a whole, or the gbc problem. I am running PS1 games with no problem. In fact the only problems I have had is that Mame support isn't in the BlackBerry version. There is Arcade support, but it doesn't run some of the old games.

Posted via CB10
    i want key mapping. i dont want to have to look at the ugly virtual buttons ontop of the game. thats the only reason i never did emulators on my z10.

i never even though of it on my passport until i saw this thread. im trying out a gba emulator now with copies of roms that I got from my own gba games
    11-09-14 08:07 PM
    i want key mapping. i dont want to have to look at the ugly virtual buttons ontop of the game. thats the only reason i never did emulators on my z10.

i never even though of it on my passport until i saw this thread. im trying out a gba emulator now with copies of roms that I got from my own gba games
    You can keymap using the bottom left Cascade menu, but it will only stay for the session i believe, then you have to remap next session or use default keys.

It's pretty awesome to use!

11-09-14 11:07 PM
    Yea I used it for a bit. I'm not sure newer gen games will work bc you need to use trigger buttons and that's hard to do on the keyboard. I'm fine with gba and nds though.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if this was a reply to my post but I only have a couple of old Zelda games - Oracle of time and Links Awakening. Both of these games crackle constantly. I've tried all the sound options but the crackle goes on.
    I desperately wanted to play these games but with the sound turned off, it's only half the experience!
    11-10-14 12:05 AM
    Hey. Sorry to ask what may be an obvious question.
    Where can I get some roms.
    Second question: are some roms of better quality than other, are there any tips to determine??

Passport | Fido

EDIT:

Alright.... so I've got a bunch of roms. I'm having some difficulty like other with the keyboard mapping. There's also a fair bit of crashing when engaging some aspects of the emulator. Loading and that type of thing. Changes do not seems to be persistent when you open the app again. IE, when you remap the keyboard.

I've noticed that you can't engage more than three buttons at a time. Which makes most games pretty hard to play. I ended up playing Super Mario World like my sister does... when she was 10...

Also, a huge request for the developers would be to implement an 8 directional D-pad rather than a 4 directional D-pad.

The reason... most games really rely on the left and right and either up or down being pressed at the same time for any kind of competent game play.

Mario RPG specifically has the entire games x,y axis rotated 45 degrees. Which means diagonal travel is the norm and not the exception.

Anyone know if this may be on a list for developers to tackle?

Anyone has these concerns, or have solutions?

Is this the best emulator for blackberry, or are there other emulators that better handle things like this??

Guess I had lots to say. Really excited about the possibilities here.

The colour and sharpness of the renders are absolutely AMAZING THOUGH!!

Has anyone tried forced over clocking? Might help with the music issue maybe??
    Last edited by chiefx13; 11-10-14 at 06:08 AM.
    11-10-14 04:14 AM
    I've noticed that you can't engage more than three buttons at a time. Which makes most games pretty hard to play. I ended up playing Super Mario World like my sister does... when she was 10...
    I noticed that too if they're in a row and next to each other. In the example above, "Y button" is mapped to j on the keyboard by default. I change "B button" to b on the keyboard so they're stacked and I can run with j and roll my thumb down onto the b button. It's not the best but becomes very playable this way for me if this helps.

It seems like some people can map the buttons though? I can only map the "B button" everything else is fixed no matter what I do but it happens to work out ok for me this way perhaps due to limitations of the device keyboard as mentioned above anyway..
    chiefx13 likes this.
    11-10-14 07:44 AM
    Hey,

Would per chance, have a Passport that they wouldn't mind taking a risk with and side loading a pre-release of a *new* version of RetroArch-Cascades?

I have button mapping working on my Passport. On the other hand, Q10 seems to not work (I don't have a Q10 tho but got the same problem with another device). I'd like to compare that result. Could you PM me if you're interested and would like to be a tester? Thanks!
    Last edited by Pcmx; 11-20-14 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Q10 omission
    epulicious likes this.
    11-20-14 01:12 PM
    I can only offer a Passport (nothing to compare against)
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-20-14 01:37 PM
    PM sent
    11-20-14 01:56 PM
97 1234