I can pretend I don't have a passport and test it out for you.

Posted with Passport CB10
    11-20-14 03:18 PM
    Installed version 1.0.2.92, and it works a treat! I'm on a passport and can confirm the mapping does what you expect. I was playing a ps1 game which needed you to press select. It is normally mapped to shift - a no go with pp. Remapped to b and all was well. I'll try to map the wiimote tonight. Cudos to Pcmx for the effort. Now i'm off to buy a game controller

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Pcmx like this.
    11-21-14 02:20 AM
    vader42, that's interesting!

for me (qwertz-device; 10.3.0.908) it's not working. Tried it with NES + SNES emulators, but I'm looking forward to another round of testing :-) what I honestly don't understand is, why is it working for some (see previous responses to this thread) while others only have problems
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-21-14 02:32 AM
    I'm using a qwerty version (US) PP. Maybe it's a key code problem with non English keyboards. I also had an older version (1.0.2.8) installed. Sorry to hear it's not working for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 05:42 AM
    I'm using a qwerty version (US) PP. Maybe it's a key code problem with non English keyboards. I also had an older version (1.0.2.8) installed. Sorry to hear it's not working for you.

Posted via CB10
    Code:
    else if (strstr(controller->id, "qwerty"))
       {
          controller->device = DEVICE_KEYPAD;
          strlcpy(controller->device_name, "BlackBerry Q Keypad", sizeof(controller->device_name));
       }
    Bingo! Controller ID'd as "QWERTY". That's got to be it, argh! Not a simple fix, for me.

Anyway, now that I at least have an idea of what is going on..

For anyone rocking a QWERTY version (US) device; or if you want to try a BB10 recognized gamepad (Gamepad tester App in BB World works good); you may grab and test the .bar from here:

https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArc...tag/bb10-10292

Be sure to read the release notes.

I am proud to present these subtle changes but please keep in mind and remember all the hard work, dedication, devotion, and skill of all the others, here and elsewhere who made this project possible. I also want to thank all those who have volunteered their time to helping me identify and work out some issues

You'll need this in your Device dropdown for the built-in keyboard to work:

The program itself was made for a BB 10.2 environment. I have noticed some audio issues; some of which tend to be resolved by highlighting and selecting this in the RetroArch Menu:

https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch
    https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArc...tag/bb10-10292
    patmur2010 and laketrout73 like this.
    11-21-14 08:52 AM
    Just realized I forgot to mention what the above (link to the) .bar file does. If you have a qwerty keypad and want to try mapping your buttons, side-load this up (even alongside your existing version of RetroArch) and give it a whirl. No guarantees, but you should get a new green icon to open; Game Boy Color, Snes save states, and even that pesky 'select' key should be mappable to whatever key you want However, try this at your own risk and please do report back to the forums with any of your findings. Thanks!
    11-22-14 02:53 PM
    Ok, so I did some ...... research ..... over the weekend. 1.0.2.92 works well with the keyboard, wiimote AND logitech game controller. Yep, in a sad moment, I bought a cheap F310 game controller - connected it via USB OTG, mapped the buttons and played PS1 games *way* too long. Absolutely amazing! Miracast to the TV, and you have a games console. My favourite app now.
    Pcmx and Mecca EL like this.
    11-23-14 06:31 PM
    It's time like this when I wish I really took up my hobby to learn some programing so I can be useful to processes like this.

To me, this is what smartphones are all about, playing around with things and getting the most out of your phone.

I just wanted to say a big thanks to the dev for RetroArch and the people that are able to contribute at the dev level. Everyone gains from it.

Thanks for adding hundreds, if not thousands of dollars of value to my blackberry!

Please keep up the hard work, it's much appreciated.

Passport | Fido
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-24-14 05:03 AM
    Thank you devs. Can't wait to test it. Very appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-24-14 06:11 AM
    Hey,

Would per chance, have a Passport that they wouldn't mind taking a risk with and side loading a pre-release of a *new* version of RetroArch-Cascades?

I have button mapping working on my Passport. On the other hand, Q10 seems to not work (I don't have a Q10 tho but got the same problem with another device). I'd like to compare that result. Could you PM me if you're interested and would like to be a tester? Thanks!
    Can I be your AZERTY tester?

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    11-24-14 06:29 AM
    Can I be your AZERTY tester?

You could definitely, if I can get another version. I've had to move to another work station - an 8 year old laptop. When I try to build project, it eats up an entire 2.5 gb ram, (which I added from the original 1 gb), then after 4 hours of looping the same thing on screen 1000 times, it spits out an error.. and if I cancel it, I get a blue screen of death - I don't know what's going on lol.
    11-24-14 06:56 AM
    Late to the party but I have a Passport and would be happy to test if you're still looking..
    11-25-14 09:06 AM
    I'd like to build one from some of the newest source, then I'd likely want to get it tested
    11-25-14 12:40 PM
    I'd like to build one from some of the newest source, then I'd likely want to get it tested
    I'm your French tester

11-25-14 01:32 PM
    You could definitely, if I can get another version. I've had to move to another work station - an 8 year old laptop. When I try to build project, it eats up an entire 2.5 gb ram, (which I added from the original 1 gb), then after 4 hours of looping the same thing on screen 1000 times, it spits out an error.. and if I cancel it, I get a blue screen of death - I don't know what's going on lol.
    As a matter of interest, what is your dev system OS? I tried using my core i5 win7 box to compile dosbox under momentics and it would take 1/2 hour. I resurrected my ancient laptop with ubuntu, and it is much faster.
    11-25-14 06:29 PM
    As a matter of interest, what is your dev system OS? I tried using my core i5 win7 box to compile dosbox under momentics and it would take 1/2 hour. I resurrected my ancient laptop with ubuntu, and it is much faster.
    Started on Yosemite, then over to Win7, and back to Yosemite. Whatever it was on the Win7 laptop isn't happening anymore as I can build fine on it now and it maybe only takes a few minutes. All my computers are ancient now and work around the same speed

Last night, I started a new project from source for a fresh new build. But for some reason now I've lost the saving of the rom path feature, which is kind of annoying. Maybe more work tonight..
    11-26-14 08:01 AM
    Started on Yosemite, then over to Win7, and back to Yosemite. Whatever it was on the Win7 laptop isn't happening anymore as I can build fine on it now and it maybe only takes a few minutes. All my computers are ancient now and work around the same speed

Last night, I started a new project from source for a fresh new build. But for some reason now I've lost the saving of the rom path feature, which is kind of annoying. Maybe more work tonight..
    Please do smt for the AZERTY keyboard

11-26-14 02:35 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and say this is one of the better message boards with people actually dedicated to playing around with, and improving the blackberry/smartphone experience.

Love it. Wish I could do more than just watch.

I'm not sure what the possibility is, but anyone thinks it's possible to code diagonal directions on the keyboard that represent the d-pad of the controller?? As in, UP+LEFT at the same time and DOWN+RIGHT at the same time.

I don't know how possible it is to do that with the base design of the emulator, but it would VASTLY improve performance for a lot of games I think. (selfish Super Mario RPG player here).

Also, what does anyone think of somehow utilizing the volume and extra middle button for L and R on SNES or L, R and Z for N64 buttons?

I bet there would be similar challenges for the side buttons as mapping a diagonal button plus there might be BB10 OS issues in handing that controller over.

Those are my shower thoughts for the day.

Thanks to the folks here that are actively contributing.

Passport | Fido
    11-26-14 09:06 PM
    Presenting:

Button Mapping - The way you like.

With enabled "azerty" and "qwertz" keypad support.

Click Here for Info & Download

Warning: No guarantees that this will work for your deivce. Use at own risk. Common side-effects may include bugs or explosion - can't remember which one. Can cause long periods of time to pass without realizing it. May contain chemicals known to cause harm. Broken and or loose keys on keypads from excessive button-mashing is on you. Use only as directed or prescribed, or whenever you want. Remember, keep it a game and immediately notify your fellow CB members in the forums if you are noticing or experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned therein, or otherwise. Thank the good devs. that made this possible! Oh, and have fun!!
    Mecca EL, mister2d and Barbareren like this.
    11-27-14 08:28 PM
    OMG it does work on my AZERTY keyboard mapping is working Thank you a lot man GOD BLESS YOU! #Thankful
    Is any way to avoid to remap the key at every start?

HappyThanksGiving to yall

11-28-14 04:17 AM
    Is any way to avoid to remap the key at every start?
    Hey, good to hear it's working okay! There isn't a way I know of that would work for everybody's mapping to be stored yet..
    11-28-14 09:03 PM
    Presenting:

https://db.tt/oAYF7cmA

Button Mapping - The way you like.

With enabled "azerty" and "qwertz" keypad support.

Click Here for Info & Download

Warning: No guarantees that this will work for your deivce. Use at own risk. Common side-effects may include bugs or explosion - can't remember which one. Can cause long periods of time to pass without realizing it. May contain chemicals known to cause harm. Broken and or loose keys on keypads from excessive button-mashing is on you. Use only as directed or prescribed, or whenever you want. Remember, keep it a game and immediately notify your fellow CB members in the forums if you are noticing or experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned therein, or otherwise. Thank the good devs. that made this possible! Oh, and have fun!!
    Hi, first of all, thanks a lot for making this emulator! I haven't had the time to test it that much yet (I'll give you more feedback once I discover more), but I have made some initial discoveries. Firstly: keyboard mapping finally works. The problem is that it still defaults to the Q10 keyboard (please see screenshot below), and although you can change the key alignment, I haven't found a way to save the key setup. Every time I restart RetroArch I lose my key mapping and it always defaults back to the Q10 keyboard. I'm not able to uncheck the Q10 keyboard (please see screenshot again). Which brings me to the next bug. It is not a serious one, but every now and then the emulator refuses to start up, but clicking on the app icon again will usually make it start just fine, so it's not a major problem.

I would also very much like to see some settings in the emulator in order to change things like frameskip, screen resolution, sound etc. But most importantly, where is the load/save state feature? That is the most important one of them all when using an emulator to play classic games...

Thanks.

Emulator Retroarch-img_20141130_123545.png

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    11-30-14 01:03 PM
    To enter the RetroArch Menu press the according key (p is standard). There you can edit settings and save / load states.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    11-30-14 03:32 PM
    Ah, thanks a lot! I knew I had to be missing something... doh!

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    11-30-14 04:05 PM
    Guys where do you get the actual games from? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:32 PM
97 1234