We have..several times in most cases.
    04-18-17 07:59 AM
    Hahaha.

I will not buy any BlackDroid.

I will probably go Sony-Jolla SailFish or Apple iPhone 7.

Nothing BlackBerry Android.

Hehehe.

I think that is the logical thing to do.

I would not be surprised if that is probably what the current unhappy BlackBerry 10 users will do.

Punish BlackBerry Android sales by not buying.

I can only imagine the competition in the Android device market.

If BlackBerry was counting on BlackBerry 10 users, who were unhappy with issues like this "Emergency Calls Only" to migrate to KEYone as the alternative, I think not.

I think that is the least I can do for myself after this long wait for a solution that will not come is NOT to buy a BlackDroid.

Maybe if I really needed an Android, I would go with Samsung, Sony,etc.

NEVER again a BlackBerry.

Hahaha.

Maybe others feel the same way. It's our right to choose.

Just sharing my thoughts on the matter.

I think there is a very strong possibility that KEYone will just crash and burn.

Hope springs eternal.

Hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    Well said. Feel the same way!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 10:45 AM
    Think I fixed it. Had the last week the same problem, mostly no signal, no carriers and wifi only. Sometimes the signal came back for no apparent reason at all. Resetting, SIM in and out and even cleaning the connectors inside didn't work.
    After reading someone putting the Passport in the fridge I did see it having signal when cold, but as soon as it warmed up signal dropped again, but it did made me suspect bad solders (or other connections on the mobo), or maybe some weird software settings in combination with a broken temp sensor?
    Anyway, I heated up the oven (150 degrees C), put the motherboard in there for five minutes and put it on 170 for 2 minutes and let it cool down slowly with the door open. (Measured the mobo with a IR-temp, it went until 170)
    After cooling down for twenty minutes put it back together and hoeray! Alright, it has only been 6 hours so far, but no lost signal yet and steady network connections on all bands.
    I don't think the solder actually reflows with those temps, but for me it worked.Just my 2 cents.
    Hope it stays like this, don't want another phone.
    Let us know if it's a permanent fix.

I have a laptop with bad graphic chip soldering, google search results came back with oven bake method similar like what you did. It ran fine couple times until temperature rose too high and I had to repeat the method. After several time baking "mobo cake", I eventually gave up because it's not worth of time anymore. Learning from that lesson, whenever I feel the passport is getting hot, I shut down everything and let it cool, charging more often instead of one long charge.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 01:43 PM
    Let us know if it's a permanent fix.
    So far still going strong..
    04-18-17 03:29 PM
    Think I fixed it. Had the last week the same problem, mostly no signal, no carriers and wifi only. Sometimes the signal came back for no apparent reason at all. Resetting, SIM in and out and even cleaning the connectors inside didn't work.
    After reading someone putting the Passport in the fridge I did see it having signal when cold, but as soon as it warmed up signal dropped again, but it did made me suspect bad solders (or other connections on the mobo), or maybe some weird software settings in combination with a broken temp sensor?
    Anyway, I heated up the oven (150 degrees C), put the motherboard in there for five minutes and put it on 170 for 2 minutes and let it cool down slowly with the door open. (Measured the mobo with a IR-temp, it went until 170)
    After cooling down for twenty minutes put it back together and hoeray! Alright, it has only been 6 hours so far, but no lost signal yet and steady network connections on all bands.
    I don't think the solder actually reflows with those temps, but for me it worked.Just my 2 cents.
    Hope it stays like this, don't want another phone.
    Is this like drilling a hole in your iPhone 7 to install a headphone jack?
    EndRacism likes this.
    04-22-17 05:04 AM
    Is this like drilling a hole in your iPhone 7 to install a headphone jack?
    Exactly! I glad someone else called this out, insane to put MB in kitchen oven, just buy a used phone and carry on.
    04-22-17 06:32 AM
    Exactly! I glad someone else called this out, insane to put MB in kitchen oven, just buy a used phone and carry on.
    I can smell the plastic in my food after baking motherboard =D
    Joke aside, you can use heat gun to reflow the soldering, oven is for someone who doesn't have heat gun in hand.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    04-22-17 09:42 AM
    I reflowed my mother board with a hot air soldering station, And it made it worst...I now get a " ram initialization error" red light flashes 3 times-pause-2 times which is a binary code 111011. I've reflowed plenty of circuit board and BGA's in the past. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. And believe it or not...You can put some circuit boards in a dishwasher. Some crt projection TV's would leak coolant on to the boards which would create a short. And a dishwasher was great at removing the coolant.
    04-22-17 11:56 AM
    Most of the time the phone is okay, but the last two days the network drops out a couple times, I think when it gets a bit warm or I pick it up on the bottom of the keyboard.
    So sorry, I don't think it's a permanent fix but it did made it better. @endrasicm; you can buy a used phone, but I can't find a used Passport in the vicinity. It's broken, so then it's sane to try to fix it. To me, insane people just don't bother and throw it away,
    04-24-17 05:56 AM
    Most of the time the phone is okay, but the last two days the network drops out a couple times, I think when it gets a bit warm or I pick it up on the bottom of the keyboard.
    So sorry, I don't think it's a permanent fix but it did made it better. @endrasicm; you can buy a used phone, but I can't find a used Passport in the vicinity. It's broken, so then it's sane to try to fix it. To me, insane people just don't bother and throw it away,
    Koffietafel, I understand, gotta try to save it! I don't know what country your in, but here in US you can get PPSE or OG PP on ebay brand new like I did last week or Amazon, both have rock solid buyer protection and here on CB in the forsake section! The OG going for around $180-200 and new SE on ebay like I just bought for $407. Good luck, and best to you.
    04-24-17 06:07 AM
60 123