And the Girl Scouts too, right?
    Yes. They take care of issues with cookies.
    04-08-17 02:11 PM
    Mmmmm... Cookies!!
    04-08-17 04:28 PM
    Self destruction implemented on the update. To force you to upgrade to android. Just like Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    So true!! Was thinking that very same thing.
    04-08-17 04:42 PM
    I'll throw my story in here I suppose..

I had an original unlocked Passport from shopblackberry on AT&T. Approx 6 months into ownership on 10.3.2 it started with these symptoms until finally "emergency calls only" is all I'd get. Had that Passport replaced under warranty. The replacement lasted approx 1.5 yrs until it DID THE EXACT SAME THING. This time on 10.3.3. Right now I threw my sim in a Classic running 10.3.3 but after about 2 months it's starting to exhibit the same issues and getting worse by the day. So here we go...2 years of this known issue and it's still "being investigated." Please. It is painfully clear BB no longer cares about BB10 devices. The thing is, I don't think I care enough about BB anymore to even give the KEYone a chance. What a shame.
    I sympathize with you, and totally agree.

"So here we go...2 years of this known issue and it's still "being investigated." Please. It is painfully clear BB no longer cares about BB10 devices. The thing is, I don't think I care enough about BB anymore to even give the KEYone a chance. What a shame."

How can they expect BlackBerry Passport users affected by this issue to even consider the "KEYone".

It is like we are taken for stupid fools.

BlackBerry reaps what it sows.

Frustrated, Betrayed, Angry.

They can not even be man enough to come out in the open to tell us what is really the issue with the "Emergency Calls Only" syndrome.

Two years they know there is a major problem with the device.

Yet to squeeze every penny and cent from their customers by doing a promo sale of the Passport is in my opinion unethical.

No Goodwill. No Ethics.

Two years of suffering. Still being investigated.

Call the FBI or RCMP. Scotland Yard? Maybe Interpol?

Help!

Who can help us? Superman? Or maybe Batman? Aquaman?

Maybe we need the Flash to fix this TWO YEAR OLD problem really fast...

Help us BlackBerry.

Help us have closure on this matter.

Via a very battered white BlackBerry z30 , running on the fumes of love...LoLz!!!
    04-08-17 08:00 PM
    Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla...

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport with NO CURE in sight.
    04-08-17 08:41 PM
    Blackberry & Co are purposely bricking BB10 devices, with no update fix in the near future, Blackberry keeps stiffing up its most loyalist followers.. they of course will be happy to redirect you to one there newest Android models.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 12:18 AM
    Blackberry & Co are purposely bricking BB10 devices, with no update fix in the near future, Blackberry keeps stiffing up its most loyalist followers.. they of course will be happy to redirect you to one there newest Android models.

Posted via CB10
    Very well said. There seems a real truth to that.

Via a very battered white BlackBerry z30 , running on the fumes of love...LoLz!!!
    04-09-17 12:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Loyalty is a two way road. We do not blindly patronize something that is "stiffing" us.

Band wagoning us as fools is something not acceptable to us.

We are not expendable.

BlackBerry is not indispensable.

Frustrated, Betrayed, and Angry.

Due to...

..."Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport with NO CURE in sight.

According still under investigation by BlackBerry (Two Years Already Has Pasted, still NOTHING )
    Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 04-09-17 at 07:12 PM.
    04-09-17 12:59 AM
    My dear passport users now the fun is no service stations in India is responding to the repairs request for the same errors

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 02:48 AM
    Just wondering. Did any of you try other carrier? Any luck?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 02:51 AM
    Just wondering. Did any of you try other carrier? Any luck?

Posted via CB10
    I tried other carriers's SIM cards, same results. No change still the same "Emergency Calls Only".

I would like to apologize for my earlier post.

It was flagged down as "Inappropriate Language" and was so removed.

The said infraction is worth 25 point(s).

Well, I was at fault and there is no excuse for my post.

It was not gentlemanly of me to make such a comment with "Inappropriate Language".

I am sorry if it was offensive, and I apologize for the bad behavior.

Peace.

04-09-17 03:08 AM
    [QUOTE=kunz1925shooter;12831327]I sympathize with you, and totally agree.

"So here we go...2 years of this known issue and it's still "being investigated." Please. It is painfully clear BB no longer cares about BB10 devices. The thing is, I don't think I care enough about BB anymore to even give the KEYone a chance. What a shame."

How can they expect BlackBerry Passport users affected by this issue to even consider the "KEYone".

[further malignant comments redacted....]

Okay So: In your [System Settings] [Networks and Connections][mobile network] has somebody changed the [Network Technology] information and the [Network Selection Mode] settings? If they are changed to the wrong values (and those values depend on your cellphone carrier) then you will get the "Emergency Calls Only" message. Check those values with your provider. Maybe you changed them in your pocket one day accidentally? Or your kid or your cousin was playing with your phone?

...otherwise did you sideload some App that is interfering with the device...since it seems to recurr, either of these two possibilities might be likely. ...otherwise are you paying your phone bill on time...maybe the carrier cut you off.

The phones are perfectly fine, and don't exhibit that kind of problem.
    04-09-17 04:51 AM
    [QUOTE=i_plod_an_dr_void;12831655]
    I sympathize with you, and totally agree.

[further malignant comments redacted....]

Okay So: In your [System Settings] [Networks and Connections][mobile network] has somebody changed the [Network Technology] information and the [Network Selection Mode] settings? If they are changed to the wrong values (and those values depend on your cellphone carrier) then you will get the "Emergency Calls Only" message. Check those values with your provider. Maybe you changed them in your pocket one day accidentally? Or your kid or your cousin was playing with your phone?

...otherwise did you sideload some App that is interfering with the device...since it seems to recurr, either of these two possibilities might be likely. ...otherwise are you paying your phone bill on time...maybe the carrier cut you off.

The phones are perfectly fine, and don't exhibit that kind of problem.
    The network mode is correct.

As well as the network selection mode is correct.

The values were checked by the carrier.

Also did the SIM isolation test (tested with a brand new SIM).

Since my Passport is open line and not carrier locked, I also tried the SIM of other carriers's. Same results.

"Emergency Calls Only"

All the SIM cards were correctly detected with each carrier via the hardware test of BBVE.

This issue is not limited to my Passport. A lot of other Passport owners have had the same issue. Check out the other threads out there about this issue.

I envy you do not have this problem with your BlackBerry Passport.

FYI, accordingly BlackBerry has known about this issue since about 2 years ago. If you are curious about this issue, you can find it in their "BlackBerry Knowledge Base".

According to that KB, BlackBerry is still currently investigating the said issue.

About the "sideload apps", I do believe it is not the source of the problem. Since I have done several security wipes with or with out reinstalling any "sideloaded apps" the issue remains the same.

"Emergency Calls Only"

That is after a fresh security wipe.

I appreciate the suggestion and concern, but like the other Passport owners affected by the same issue, the deep helplessness, frustration, anger, of not knowing what is wrong with their beloved Passport is simply not acceptable by any standards.

04-09-17 05:30 AM
    You're not alone. Several threads here with the same "emergency calls only" issue for the Passport.
    No resolution yet, unfortunately.
    Curious, is this happening since the 10.3.3 update or was it an issue with earlier builds too? I'm noticing a severe performance degradation since the update.
    04-09-17 01:38 PM
    "BlackBerry aware of the problem and they are working on it."

Is BlackBerry really working on the issue?

Yes, the fix for the problem is called the Keyone, That's the only fix that they are interested in providing.
    04-09-17 06:58 PM
    Curious, is this happening since the 10.3.3 update or was it an issue with earlier builds too? I'm noticing a severe performance degradation since the update.
    Earlier builds.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 07:07 PM
    Yes, the fix for the problem is called the Keyone, That's the only fix that they are interested in providing.
    Hahaha.

I will not buy any BlackDroid.

I will probably go Sony-Jolla SailFish or Apple iPhone 7.

Nothing BlackBerry Android.

Hehehe.

I think that is the logical thing to do.

I would not be surprised if that is probably what the current unhappy BlackBerry 10 users will do.

Punish BlackBerry Android sales by not buying.

I can only imagine the competition in the Android device market.

If BlackBerry was counting on BlackBerry 10 users, who were unhappy with issues like this "Emergency Calls Only" to migrate to KEYone as the alternative, I think not.

I think that is the least I can do for myself after this long wait for a solution that will not come is NOT to buy a BlackDroid.

Maybe if I really needed an Android, I would go with Samsung, Sony,etc.

NEVER again a BlackBerry.

Hahaha.

Maybe others feel the same way. It's our right to choose.

Just sharing my thoughts on the matter.

I think there is a very strong possibility that KEYone will just crash and burn.

Hope springs eternal.

Hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 04-09-17 at 07:51 PM.
    TrulyYours_Lloyd likes this.
    04-09-17 07:27 PM
    My theory is this...

If you're in a poor cell reception area for a long time, or traveling and moving between strong and weak signals...the device overworks itself to try to regain a network connection. One of the complaints I see time and again that seems to occur before the device goes into full emergency calls only mode is that it feels as though the device gets hot...or at least a lot warmer than usual. Eventually this heat physically damages the radio chip on the motherboard.

Thus, there is no software solution or fix here. I believe given the time frame here BlackBerry is fully aware of this but refuse to acknowledge it because...what can they do? Give us all refunds? Admit there is a hardware defect in its previous flagship? We know that'll never happen. The only way in my opinion for BlackBerry to save face with it's loyal base feeling betrayed here is to offer to us dead passport owners the option to send them our devices for a $250 credit toward the purchase of a new KEYone.

As I've said in a previous post, simply ignoring this issue and simultaneously expecting us to just go buy the KEYone is a terrible way to approach this. Your move, BlackBerry .
    04-13-17 09:03 PM
    250 credit. I think it's a good deal.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 05:13 AM
    Same Problem with my Blackberry Classic. Updated My Blackberry Classic to 10.3.3.1435, The Phone is behaving erratically with reception errors like Emergency Calls Only, Technical Problem, SIM Blocked. I restarted phone several times, Signal Comes and after few hours the same error messages..I tried OS versions 10.3.3.2049, 10.3.3.2163, via auto loaders but the problem is still there..I tried to clean the SIM Slot and realign the SIM tray but nothing is happening. Please help me I am frustrated...
    04-14-17 07:24 AM
    The emergency calls only is the kiss of death for the passport. If you reloaded OS and it still is a problem. That it for the phone unfortunately. Quite a few have run into this problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 01:40 PM
    Think I fixed it. Had the last week the same problem, mostly no signal, no carriers and wifi only. Sometimes the signal came back for no apparent reason at all. Resetting, SIM in and out and even cleaning the connectors inside didn't work.
    After reading someone putting the Passport in the fridge I did see it having signal when cold, but as soon as it warmed up signal dropped again, but it did made me suspect bad solders (or other connections on the mobo), or maybe some weird software settings in combination with a broken temp sensor?
    Anyway, I heated up the oven (150 degrees C), put the motherboard in there for five minutes and put it on 170 for 2 minutes and let it cool down slowly with the door open. (Measured the mobo with a IR-temp, it went until 170)
    After cooling down for twenty minutes put it back together and hoeray! Alright, it has only been 6 hours so far, but no lost signal yet and steady network connections on all bands.
    I don't think the solder actually reflows with those temps, but for me it worked.Just my 2 cents.
    Hope it stays like this, don't want another phone.
    04-16-17 03:49 PM
    Interesting...so heating up the motherboard enough to expand the solder seems to have helped you. I wonder why then it also got a signal when cold? If I get some time I'll try this....nothing to lose at this point.
    Thanks for the info.
    04-16-17 08:29 PM
    Unfortunately this didn't work for me. No change. Oh well. Farewell Passport
    04-17-17 08:08 PM
    Do a Wipe!
    04-17-17 08:46 PM
60 123