Since yesterday morning my Passport on latest OS basically stays in "Emergency Calls Only" or even no reception at all. WiFi works fine but no calls or txts.

I've tried rebooting, cycling the Sim in/out. It's gotten reception a few times but very limited.

My wife's iPhone on same network (Rogers) works fine. I've removed the Sim and put it in my old Q10, works fine.

Anything else I can try? Or is this thing dead....

PS - a few weeks a had a handful of pop up messages about my SD card (do u want to save all pictures to card) like it was popping out/in. Since so close to Sim, wondering if there is issue there in the hardware. It is more susceptible to dust/humidity.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 07:51 AM
    Since yesterday morning my Passport on latest OS basically stays in "Emergency Calls Only" or even no reception at all. WiFi works fine but no calls or txts.

I've tried rebooting, cycling the Sim in/out. It's gotten reception a few times but very limited.

My wife's iPhone on same network (Rogers) works fine. I've removed the Sim and put it in my old Q10, works fine.

Anything else I can try? Or is this thing dead....

PS - a few weeks a had a handful of pop up messages about my SD card (do u want to save all pictures to card) like it was popping out/in. Since so close to Sim, wondering if there is issue there in the hardware. It is more susceptible to dust/humidity.

Posted via CB10
    My sincerest condolences to you on what has befallen on your magnificent BlackBerry Passport. I sadly have the same situation. I have tried as best I can to solve the same issue as much as our fellow BlackBerry Passport owners. But alas there is no relief in sight. May I just suggest that you try to get another phone and just use the BlackBerry Passport as a tablet of sorts. Peace.

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport.
    04-01-17 08:10 AM
    Great timing. Flying out first thing Monday, and all the new phones coming out soon.

Posted via CB10
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    04-01-17 09:05 AM
    I got a new SIM yesterday and everything worked for about 3hrs, and then dead again.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 07:55 AM
    You're not alone. Several threads here with the same "emergency calls only" issue for the Passport.
    No resolution yet, unfortunately.
    04-02-17 08:10 AM
    Chen and the Gang are too busy extolling the Awesomeness of the Mercury, I mean the keyONE, wait it's KEYone! If they were smart they would have named it Passport Version-2. Maybe then we wouldn't be complaining about our current Passport issues! How Dare We expect the Passport barley 2.5 years old to have the same build quality of previous BB devices, My Curve "still functions" my Bold "still functions", My Passport 'functions when it feels like it"! Okay, I'll go back into the Lotus Position and meditate on the the new Cellular Savior the Key something?
    04-02-17 02:32 PM
    Has anyone experimented with sideloading radios from past OSes to see if that'll fix the issue?

Seems sad that a clearly real issue affecting a lot of users is not even being acknowledged by BB. Though I can't say I'm overly surprised.
    04-03-17 06:53 AM
    Isn't it just signal strength , my passport shows the occasional emergency calls only . I move it to a bookshelf and I have 3 bars .
    I still get text or calls showing emergency , the incoming call wakes it . Maybe freq choices .
    04-03-17 07:28 AM
    I also was wondering if I unlock the phone from AT&T, will that give me the option of selecting other bands to operate on. Right now it seems to only operate on LTE and 4G. In my case it's not just a signal reception issue, but the way the radio is responding to the signal level. My Z10 will work with only 1-2 bars of signal and LTE or 4G is displayed, while the passport requires 4-5 bars to get out of emergency mode. Equal signal, Different results.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 10:21 AM
    Same on me.. how 'bout downgrade os?
    Will it work?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 02:16 AM
    Self destruction implemented on the update. To force you to upgrade to android. Just like Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 02:51 AM
    "We are the Droid. Lower your expectations and surrender your Passports. We will add your BB10 and technological distinctiveness to our devices. Your loyalty will adapt to serve us. Resistance if Futile"
    Mattster723 likes this.
    04-06-17 04:10 PM
    Self destruction implemented on the update. To force you to upgrade to android. Just like Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    It's that what you thing?.. but i use my passport for long time.. n this is my primary Phone since the begining... what should i do??.... can a downgrading resolve the problem??? Holysh**...!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 11:58 PM
    I got a new SIM yesterday and everything worked for about 3hrs, and then dead again.

Posted via CB10
    My sim work for half an hour...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 12:00 AM
    It's that what you thing?.. but i use my passport for long time.. n this is my primary Phone since the begining... what should i do??.... can a downgrading resolve the problem??? Holysh**...!!!

Posted via CB10
    Just kidding bro. Just pray hard for speedy update. I don't think you can do anything now. Multiple thread talking about this and none have a solution, even after reloading the os. BlackBerry aware of the problem and they are working on it. you can either get a cheap android as spare for now or get another passport. Btw I don't think you can downgrade your os. you are stuck bro.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 12:22 AM
    My intermittent "Emergency Calls Only" issue happened prior to the update. Guess I'm just lucky (_8^(I)
    04-07-17 03:09 PM
    Just kidding bro. Just pray hard for speedy update. I don't think you can do anything now. Multiple thread talking about this and none have a solution, even after reloading the os. BlackBerry aware of the problem and they are working on it. you can either get a cheap android as spare for now or get another passport. Btw I don't think you can downgrade your os. you are stuck bro.

Posted via CB10
    "BlackBerry aware of the problem and they are working on it."

Is BlackBerry really working on the issue?

Via a very battered white BlackBerry z30 , running on the fumes of love...LoLz!!!
    04-07-17 07:13 PM
    I do not feel that they are really working on the problem, due to their abandoning the BlackBerry 10 platform.

I want to keep my hopes up, but the truth is I do not believe there will ever be a solution to that issue.

I believe there will never be any closure on that issue.

Having said that, in the near future when my BlackBerry 10 devices have reached the end of their usefulness and efficiency, I shall have to search else where for my mobile computing needs.

I think the reason being is the very close similarities to the feeling of "betrayal" mixed with "frustration".

I suppose as a paying customer I am entitled to that opinion. Peace.

Via a very battered white BlackBerry z30 , running on the fumes of love...LoLz!!!
    04-07-17 07:24 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry should have at the very least maintained the hardware phone with BB10 os that was to maintain a skeleton like presence.

Just in case.

Maybe for the Enterprise? For the security inclined consumer? Or the consumer/Enterprise who does not want an Apple or an Android.

An opportunity for a choice.

Maybe 1 or 2 new BB10 devices a year or every two years.

A kinda nitch market of sorts.

Just a thought.

Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 04-07-17 at 11:17 PM.
    04-07-17 07:35 PM
    I suppose it is a totally dead horse. No use in crying my heart out on something that has moved on.

"Bla Bla Bla Bla"

Peace.

04-07-17 07:41 PM
    Try turning off location services in the settings menu and restart the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 10:33 PM
    Try turning off location services in the settings menu and restart the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. It did not work for my Passport. Thanks for the suggestion.

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport.
    04-07-17 11:23 PM
    I'll throw my story in here I suppose..

I had an original unlocked Passport from shopblackberry on AT&T. Approx 6 months into ownership on 10.3.2 it started with these symptoms until finally "emergency calls only" is all I'd get. Had that Passport replaced under warranty. The replacement lasted approx 1.5 yrs until it DID THE EXACT SAME THING. This time on 10.3.3. Right now I threw my sim in a Classic running 10.3.3 but after about 2 months it's starting to exhibit the same issues and getting worse by the day. So here we go...2 years of this known issue and it's still "being investigated." Please. It is painfully clear BB no longer cares about BB10 devices. The thing is, I don't think I care enough about BB anymore to even give the KEYone a chance. What a shame.
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    04-08-17 07:48 AM
    It's a carrier conspiracy and the main reason I keep coming back here. Att need to go down. FTC AND FCC need to take them out. But the NSA may also be behind this harassment. Did you notice that the CIA didn't have any BlackBerry hacking tools?

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    04-08-17 01:32 PM
    It's a carrier conspiracy and the main reason I keep coming back here. Att need to go down. FTC AND FCC need to take them out. But the NSA may also be behind this harassment. Did you notice that the CIA didn't have any BlackBerry hacking tools?

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    And the Girl Scouts too, right?
    04-08-17 01:38 PM
60 123