Hi everyone, Is this a known issue with the Passport ? I've had it since Oct '15 always in a Ringke case.. the one day I decided to carry it naked to a meeting because I was wearing a suit, this started to happen.. one by one the shiny bits came off. A little disappointed I must say. Other than this the device has been fantastic
    Emblem unglued-passport-back-2.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 10:47 PM
    Yeah unfortunately it's common. The logo used to be embedded in the cover on earlier BlackBerry devices. But the Priv and Passport are just glued on cheaply.

For a solution, try a vinyl wrap from UKarbon and request new logo bullets with it. I went for a matte black wrap and it looks pretty Damn nice. Easy to apply too.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 10:53 PM
    Yeah unfortunately it's common. The logo used to be embedded in the cover on earlier BlackBerry devices. But the Priv and Passport are just glued on cheaply.

For a solution, try a vinyl wrap from UKarbon and request new logo bullets with it. I went for a matte black wrap and it looks pretty Damn nice. Easy to apply too.

Posted via CB10
    The Priv's is under a layer of grip coating, and on top of the glassweave. You know, like the Q10.

Unfortunately the Passport is shoddily glued. I'd grab a light snap on shell off eBay or Amazon. Nilkin, Leevin, Bear Motion. Cheap, and you can just cover up your scars and pretend they never happened.
    07-10-16 11:08 PM
    The Priv's is under a layer of grip coating, and on top of the glassweave. You know, like the Q10.

Unfortunately the Passport is shoddily glued. I'd grab a light snap on shell off eBay or Amazon. Nilkin, Leevin, Bear Motion. Cheap, and you can just cover up your scars and pretend they never happened.
    I don't think they're the same. Been seeing a good amount of posts about the bullets coming off the Priv but don't recall any such complaints about the Q10 or Z30. That's just my observation though.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 11:15 PM
    Hahaha!!! Covering up the scars !! I guess you could put it that way. That's seems to be the only solution.. contacted BlackBerry to see if they have a fix in place.. not a major problem but still disappointing to an otherwise awesome device

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 11:19 PM
    You could purchase a new rear cover.
    Very easy to remove the current one and replace with a new one.

Another option, which I used on the BlackBerry hard cover I had, was to reapply the bullets with rubber cement. Worked great, and could rub off any excess before it totally dried.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 12:15 AM
    You could do a warranty replacement through Shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 02:57 AM