They're removing a lot of apps from the Amazon Appstore as Passport compatible now...
    Several games that previously installed are no longer even searchable.
    So no word from amazon or blackberry about the removal of those apps?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 02:11 PM
    So no word from amazon or blackberry about the removal of those apps?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure it's intentional to require developers to flag the Passport as actually compatible, which they won't do, just like BB Appworld...
    10-15-14 02:36 PM
    My question is, why would one want the Android facebook app instead of the native BB10 one? Is it just the available features? Whenever the BB10 app doesn't do what I want, I just use the amazing browser on my Z10 and go to the full site anyway. I can imagine this process will be even smoother when my Passport arrives.
    10-15-14 03:26 PM
    It's not really about facebook... That's one app example. You have a preloaded store that is one by one lopping off compatible apps for this device, slowly defeating the purpose of having it preoloaded. That's the problem.
    10-15-14 03:59 PM
    Amazon Android devs don't want to support a device that is so different than for which they test and validate. If BB wants to change this they will need to develop a BB10 specific testing platform that includes 1:1 screen ratio for the runtime that will be available as an remote hosted Amazon dev tool as well as documentation on what to do for various issues that popup in testing. Otherwise devs just won't add Passport devices as compatible and they won't show up in search.

This was a foreseeable issue before launch and has been brought up more than once in the many prelaunch Amazon threads: devs don't want to risk bad reviews for bugs they may not be able to reproduce or fix without large amounts of money devoted to hardware. No tools no apps.. pretty simple.
    10-15-14 04:35 PM
    If they were going to fix the above they would have done it for Appworld already, considering it has the same stupid problem. So the answer is they won't anytime soon (i would be amazed if it happened at all, and for sure not in the Passport lifecycle)...
    10-15-14 04:38 PM
    The amazon store will be more helpful for the full touch models. The keyboard devices will be tougher.

The real solution is to disable reviews for the amazon apps on keyboard devices and just make them available at your own risk.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:41 PM
    The amazon store will be more helpful for the full touch models. The keyboard devices will be tougher.

Posted via CB10
    It depends how Amazon filters devices (i've never used the dev publishing side of the Amazon store). If you have to specifically tick Blackberry or Passport, it won't be any better at all....

It would only help if it's filtered by resolution/ratio/etc.
    10-15-14 04:44 PM
33 12