Just received this email, in relation to the Facebook app I downloaded from the Amazon app store a few days ago (I actually deleted it and reverted to the offficial BB one a few minutes later):

Hello,

We recently learned that the "Facebook" app you downloaded isn't optimized for the BlackBerry Passport and Porsche Design P'9983. As a result, Facebook is no longer available to download from the Amazon Appstore on your phone or your Appstore library; however, if you've installed the app on your device, you can continue to use it.

For the best Facebook experience on your device, we recommend that you download the app from BlackBerry World. The Facebook app in BlackBerry World is optimized for devices like yours. To download the app, visit:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/50777

As an apology for the inconvenience, we've issued a promotional credit in the amount of $5 to your account, which will automatically be applied the next time you order an item sold and shipped by Amazon. Promotional credits don't apply to gift cards or to items offered by other sellers on our website, and won't cover the shipping costs of an order. When using a promotional credit to buy eligible Kindle books or other digital products sold by Amazon Digital Services, the promotional credit will apply to your order automatically before another payment method is charged.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional credit, including the terms and conditions for using the credit, visit our Help pages:

Amazon.com Help

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    Amazon.com
    10-13-14 06:11 PM
    Posted a minute before: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-967828/

I just don't get why they keep blocking these apps that work just fine with the Passport.
    10-13-14 06:20 PM
    The $5 credit certainly helps to take the sting out of it, although I'm not sure if it will work given that I'm in the UK and don't use US dollars. Hopefully it will be converted into when I come to actually buy something. Would be nice if they could now start paying compensation for the various other apps they've stiffed us on.
    10-13-14 06:24 PM
    The $5 credit certainly helps to take the sting out of it, although I'm not sure if it will work given that I'm in the UK and don't use US dollars. Hopefully it will be converted into when I come to actually buy something. Would be nice if they could now start paying compensation for the various other apps they've stiffed us on.
    Lol.. I only now noticed the $5 credit!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:25 PM