Good evening gents. Where do you download the Ebay & Amazon apps? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-19-19 12:55 AM
    I use both regularly.

* eBay:
    eBay can be downloaded from the Yalp store (search on here for how to install this app store on your BB10 phone) or from APK Pure or APK Mirror. The last working version is 5.0.0.34 but there is a limit to using this... you can't complete a purchase through PayPal using it. This isn't as limiting as you might think!

For everything except purchasing it works very well. To make good use of the app, you'll need to get used to using the little 45-degree 'back' shortcut flick at the bottom of the screen to go back).

When it comes to completing a purchase (it will be sitting waiting in your basket), I just open cart.ebay.co.uk on the native browser and press the few buttons to pay. It's not this worst work around and I'm fairly happy with it.

Alternatively, eBay on the native browser works very well too.

* Amazon:
    Use the native browser, it works well with the Amazon mobile site. The Android app was a bit clunky. I'm not sure if there is even a version that we can use on BB10 phones now... even when we did have one,it was getting a bit slow and bloated as the version numbers went up

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 04:46 AM
    Ebay & Amazon-img_20200206_083745.jpg
    eBay have gone through with their promise and stopped the eBay app that was compatible with our Android runtime from working. More sad times.

I have a bit of an eBay addiction and the mobile website just won't cut it when the majority of what I do is monitor Saved Searches for weird stuff I am interested in.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-20 02:37 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200206_083745.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	447609
    eBay have gone through with their promise and stopped the eBay app that was compatible with our Android runtime from working. More sad times.

I have a bit of an eBay addiction and the mobile website just won't cut it when the majority of what I do is monitor Saved Searches for weird stuff I am interested in.

Posted via CB10
    So, the moment eBay decides that 4.3 is not good enough, even if the apk you have installed on your device is compatible with 4.3, it will still stop functioning?
    02-06-20 07:09 AM
    So, the moment eBay decides that 4.3 is not good enough, even if the apk you have installed on your device is compatible with 4.3, it will still stop functioning?
    Looks like it, yes. They block access to their servers I presume. I used the app every day until today when it gave me the above notification which stops the app functioning. I tried pressing outside the box à la WhatsApp and that didn't work. The other two options are to close the app or open an app store (which obviously doesn't have an app available!).

Posted via CB10
    02-06-20 07:18 AM