Hi Everyone

For those of you who were lucky enough to have their passports already, I was curious to know how easy it would be to remove the back panel of the device to access the battery. Even though it is non - removable, I am a heavy user...and am wondering how easy it would be to unscrew a few bolts and replace the battery after a year or so..if needed. Unfortunately, I end up using up these batteries fairly quickly

Thanks so much!
    Andy K

PS> Does anyone know of a youtube video perhaps that shows how the passport is disassembled, etc? ..thx
    10-02-14 07:33 PM
    You wouldn't need to replace it after a year...they charge up every night! A non-removeable battery means just that, no?
    10-02-14 07:38 PM
    Thanks for your email. The battery wears down over time..and people are able to swap out the battery if need. This is to get a battery that holds a better charge. Most phones with non-removable batteries have a process to be able to swap out the battery if needed. Some phones are more labor intensive than others. I was writing to see how difficult it may be with the passport

Thx again
    Andy
    10-02-14 07:41 PM
    I hope that someone will make a video showing you how to remove the battery and replace it then. I hope that you can also purchase a non-removable replacement. I guess time will tell.
    Good Luck!!
    10-02-14 07:47 PM
    I did check ifix on the youtube, but it's not yet available. I assume there will be a complete passport break down video on YouTube in the near future.

BlackBerry Z10 10.2.1.3175
    10-02-14 07:53 PM
    Just need to give it a little more time. Someone will make a disassemble video I'm sure.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-02-14 10:19 PM
    needless to say this will probably void warranty's on both the phone and the 2 year warranty given by bbry, on passports ordered from shop.bbry, not sure if the two year thing is true but i've heard ppl mention it here.

Unless bbry pulls a sony and be like"we coo" ;P
    10-02-14 10:28 PM
    youtube.com/watch?v=QM2bft9GLSA
    whitland likes this.
    11-06-14 08:28 PM
    check out the post from crackberry " Here's how you disassemble a BlackBerry Passport" !
    11-07-14 12:43 AM
    Replacing the battery is quite easy actually. More or less all that's required is to remove the back panel. Take a look at my teardown photos that I made when I had to repair my screen.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!vJ1BkY6Q!r3CRwnivticLxRYsXvgz8g

Posted via CB10
    PowderJockey likes this.
    11-07-14 12:49 AM
    Thanks for the tear-down pics, but that looked a bit scary! will look to see if there's a vid; after one year of happy use, I find the battery flattening quick, charging slooooowly, and the back case getting quite warm. might be a rogue app in there..
    Tigress16 likes this.
    09-25-15 07:10 AM
    Has anyone replaced their Passport's battery yet? Where do you find one, anyway??
    11-11-15 02:42 PM
    Hello everyone I'm new to this forum, I've found a link on you tube if anyone is still interested in finding out how to replace battery on blackberry passport it's on how to gold plate the passport it shows you how to strip down and goes to battery department 4 screws, hope this helps you all have a good day cheers
    04-27-16 03:44 AM
    Can you post a link to the video on youtube?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 11:21 AM
    They do sell replacement batteries now...

http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...t-battery.html

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 04:58 PM
    https://www.tvc-mall.com/details/340...09010048a.html

I got one from here as the shipping from etradesuppy was $160

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    04-30-16 03:15 AM
    Buy a second Passport SE. They were on sale a couple of weeks ago and I snapped one up as a spare. I would think that they will be on sale again sometime in the future. I now have a second unit in case anything else fails on the original, like a dropped phone.

I saw the video somewhere on the internet on how to replace the battery on the Passport and it appears that the device is totally built around the battery. Too complicated for the average home handyman to undertake without special tools.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 06:25 AM
    Buy a second Passport SE. They were on sale a couple of weeks ago and I snapped one up as a spare. I would think that they will be on sale again sometime in the future. I now have a second unit in case anything else fails on the original, like a dropped phone.

I saw the video somewhere on the internet on how to replace the battery on the Passport and it appears that the device is totally built around the battery. Too complicated for the average home handyman to undertake without special tools.

Posted via CB10
    I will have to disagree.
    If you can handle a screwdriver and follow instructions its fairly easy. I replaced my red Passport battery without problems.
    It would be best to get a smartphone repair kit for this. Has all the tools.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 06:33 AM
    The only problem with replacing the battery is that it's stuck in very well. But it's very easy to get to.

04-30-16 06:45 AM
    If you are not use to dis-assembling phone, it would be better to mark the positions of the screws under the SIM cover. They are in different length and you don't want to put the long one in place of the short one.

Posted from my Passport
    tommo7788 and AdaBwana like this.
    05-01-16 02:01 AM
    If you are not use to dis-assembling phone, it would be better to mark the positions of the screws under the SIM cover. They are in different length and you don't want to put the long one in place of the short one.

Posted from my Passport
    Good point!

I always make a a little template of the phone to show screw positions.

05-01-16 05:34 AM
    if you want to replace your Passport's battery, where can you order the genuine or OEM one? Please advise, thank you
    03-03-18 06:53 PM
    if you want to replace your Passport's battery, where can you order the genuine or OEM one? Please advise, thank you
    https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...t-battery.html
    03-03-18 08:22 PM

Posted from my Passport
    Well I do have good habit about screws!
    I do have a board with screw whole in it(152 rows in 85 lines) and all I do is place screws in wholes in exact shape of the device I am opening! (I build the board myself)
    In that order you never forget or miss place any screw!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 03:42 PM