Well my story with the Passport started in August at a music festival. It was the last artist for the day and the sun had already set. Amongst all the lights from the stage, beer vendors and people's cell phones one light stuck out.

I saw a person video taping on a weird square looking phone. It was unlike any phone I had ever seen. As soon as I got back to my hotel room I began googling 'square phones' to try and uncover this mysterious phone.

I've waited about three months, watching these forums, reading reviews and I even got to play with one in the local Telus store. Just waiting for my previous contract to be finished so I could upgrade.

First impressions are that I've never liked a phone so much. Coming from an old iPhone 4s whose battery lasted about 8 hours until it was under 10% to a phone that lasts my whole day is unheard of.

Being a university student I am planning on using it for a few classes to take notes on Evernote and write lab reports on the fly.

Definitely happy with it so far. The transition from the Apple app store hasn't been the easiest but all my base apps are available through either app store or through sideloading Snap.

Hope this is a suitable first post. Just had to share my excitement and maybe this will persuade people that this phone wasn't necessarily designed for to hop on the Blackberry train.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-15-14 11:20 PM
    Well, welcome to Crackberry. Nice first post and I think you will enjoy the passport. It's a real productivity machine and I'm just waiting for mine for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:31 PM
    Great story. Glad you looked through all the media nonsense and got yourself the phone that YOU wanted.

Hope you continue to enjoy it as you learn more about BB10. Trust me, this is just the beginning; if BlackBerry used Google naming conventions, BB10 would be called Easter Egg.

Happy to have you around.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:50 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-16-14 12:04 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Enjoy the awesome Blackberry Passport experience!... lots of knowledgeable BlackBerry people here on Crackberry... more than willing to help...

From by awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:13 AM
    Welcome.
    Lots to learn here, plenty of helpful folks but watch for the trolls!
    12-16-14 07:56 AM