10-17-14 06:09 PM
227 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Some of our community said it build by BlackBerry. I was wrong. I thought it build by Foxconn.

Not sure it's Foxconn (I guess not) ...
    anyone to confirm/infirm ?
    10-08-14 12:33 PM
    I waited 10 days to get my Passport delivered by ShopBlackBerry. I too was frustrated and annoyed a little. But then I realized BlackBerry is trying their best and this is part of the rite of passage of being a blackberry fan lol.

Just by looking at the ShopBlackBerry / Digital River web design I could tell they aren't exactly leading edge performers. The checkout webpage is a real eyesore right outta 2003.

The good news is the Passport is a frigging amazing phone. I have barely put it down since I got it 24 hours ago. I'm sure BlackBerry rightly underestimated how well it would sell after what happened with the Z10.

Another good sign is that the BlackBerry Blend is awesome software. Kudos to BlackBerry for extending the functionality of BlackBerry10 to beyond the mobile phone.

Now hopefully BlackBerry works on their sales fulfillment procedures and their website designs.

BlackBerry for life!

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and bungaboy like this.
    10-08-14 12:34 PM
    I agree with the OP, and I am in the same boat, along with the other thousands. This is a DISASTER. I have been an ardent supporter of BB here in Los Angeles where it is difficult to so so, and I face ridicule for doing it, but this is totally indefensible by Blackberry to not be able to get these products to paying customers, and for allowing its resellers/retailers to misrepresent stock in order to get peoples' cash and then tell them tough luck. This is reprehensible conduct and people (BB, the public, BB haters, everyone) need to know about it. If I don't get my phone (purchased 9/26/14) shipped today, Im cancelling my order. F this nonsense.
    Dramatic much? Has your credit card been charged with the purchase yet? The Passport was a bigger seller than expected. Do you think that Blackberry can manufacture the phones out of thin air. They have to print more boards, might need to order new chips, etc. They don't have excess lying around so it can be a big write off like with the Z10. If you want this SO MUCH that you are being this vocal and dramatic about this, then what are you going to do? Are you going to cancel a phone that you really want and get one now that you don't? Did you order from DR or Amazon. What is Blackberry going to do? Are they going to tell DR and Amazon to get lost? What is nonsense are people saying that they love the phone, must have it, must have it immediately and if they don't, they will get a different phone that they settle for or don't want.

ADD: When I had my company before I was bought out, I had customers who complained right from the get go. I tried to please them but in the end, they were never pleased no matter what I did for them. Later on, I took the tact that when someone complained from the get go, I gave them a quote double what I would charge someone who was nice and accommodating. In the end, I was happier and made more money since I didn't have to deal with complainers, because they would complain about the smallest thing for the entire time I supported them.
    10-08-14 12:38 PM
    I advise that anyone that was screwed by BB's poor stocking strategy with a purchase at amazon call or chat with amazon customer support and complain. I have received $25 in credits from Amazon for this. HOPEFULLY, Amazon taxes Blackberry for these credits (or makes BB pay for them) - maybe this way BB will learn its lesson not to make this mistake again.
    Do you know for a fact that Blackberry has excess stock lying around and don't want to ship it to customers, or do they have to manufacture more because the initial build runs have been exhausted. I would like to hear your facts to back up your rants.
    10-08-14 12:40 PM
    Here ya go. Fill yer boots. Expansys Canada has stock . . .

Each passing day I become more frustrated-expansys-passport.jpg
    10-08-14 12:44 PM
    Dramatic much? Has your credit card been charged with the purchase yet? The Passport was a bigger seller than expected. Do you think that Blackberry can manufacture the phones out of thin air. They have to print more boards, might need to order new chips, etc. They don't have excess lying around so it can be a big write off like with the Z10. If you want this SO MUCH that you are being this vocal and dramatic about this, then what are you going to do? Are you going to cancel a phone that you really want and get one now that you don't? Did you order from DR or Amazon. What is Blackberry going to do? Are they going to tell DR and Amazon to get lost? What is nonsense are people saying that they love the phone, must have it, must have it immediately and if they don't, they will get a different phone that they settle for or don't want.

ADD: When I had my company before I was bought out, I had customers who complained right from the get go. I tried to please them but in the end, they were never pleased no matter what I did for them. Later on, I took the tact that when someone complained from the get go, I gave them a quote double what I would charge someone who was nice and accommodating. In the end, I was happier and made more money since I didn't have to deal with complainers, because they would complain about the smallest thing for the entire time I supported them.
    ?? You lost credibility when you added that you price gauge your customers that you call complainers. That's illegal in some parts. You should be careful with that. To answer one of the few things in your post that made sense: I ordered from both amazon and DR - both sites indicated they had the product in stock and both did not. This is pure and simple misrepresentation - also illegal - and should not be tolerated in this day and age with the technology that all 3 of these companies have at their disposal in logistics/fulfillment/stocking. I don't expect BB to know how many phones they will sell, but they should be able to not misrepresent their stock or accurately communicate stock levels with customers/resellers. Both DR and Amazon have indicated BB has given them ZERO info/assistance in stock level representation. That is a BB failure. Also, yes, my CC was charged.

Amazon is the only company admitting failure, by offering credits ($25 for me, up to $50 for others) which is admirable. Hopefully, BB similarly makes this right. Chen, where are ya big guy?
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-08-14 12:50 PM
    I cancelled my order for now and may gift myself a PP for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    I Am gifting one to myself this Xmas. However I Am going to order real early as to avoid delays that may arise from shipping or demand or any other known or unknown thing.

I effectively ordered mine as of October 3rd 2014.

All I can suggest to you is to order early.

And may your Christmas be what you make it.
    10-08-14 12:59 PM
    ?? You lost credibility when you added that you price gauge your customers that you call complainers. That's illegal in some parts. You should be careful with that. To answer one of the few things in your post that made sense: I ordered from both amazon and DR - both sites indicated they had the product in stock and both did not. This is pure and simple misrepresentation - also illegal - and should not be tolerated in this day and age with the technology that all 3 of these companies have at their disposal in logistics/fulfillment/stocking. I don't expect BB to know how many phones they will sell, but they should be able to not misrepresent their stock or accurately communicate stock levels with customers/resellers. Both DR and Amazon have indicated BB has given them ZERO info/assistance in stock level representation. That is a BB failure. Also, yes, my CC was charged.

Amazon is the only company admitting failure, by offering credits ($25 for me, up to $50 for others) which is admirable. Hopefully, BB similarly makes this right. Chen, where are ya big guy?
    It is not illegal when you are doing contact work. I charged them more (in hours) as I knew it would involve many more hours trying to please them.

So how many phones did you purchase? Since you purchased from DR and Amazon. Please provide correspondence from Amazon and DR to prove your case that Blackberry is giving them ZERO info. Or is it just sales reps who actually don't know and just want to give money for the person to stop complaining. Or is it that Blackberry doesn't know how long it will take to get material and tool up additional production runs. Most companies run ZIT production and if there is a glut of demand and they don't have supply, it can take a while to get more. If you want the phone so much, just be patient.
    10-08-14 01:02 PM
    10-08-14 01:11 PM
    Digital River - is a RESELLER for Blackberry, it is a separate company apart from Blackberry. For those who are complaining about getting information from Blackberry, they don't know how much stock Digital River has. All the issues people are having are around the fulfillment of information of their sales order to DR. Complain to them. Sure bashing Blackberry is easy and it's finally nice to hear that they have a problem of having too much demand compared to the supply they made.
    Actually DR is an authorized reseller, so they have some sort of contractual agreement with BlackBerry as they are one of the only two listed on the US BlackBerry site to purchase unlocked phones from.

Although the burden of failure is clearly on DR, it doesn't hurt to voice concern to BlackBerry why they would choose such a vendor.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 and bungaboy like this.
    10-08-14 01:16 PM
    ?? You lost credibility when you added that you price gauge your customers that you call complainers. That's illegal in some parts. You should be careful with that.
    You should learn how business works. Building in a PIA charge based on the client is standard practice in nearly any industry that bids work. If you really don't want to deal with them....charge them more and hope they don't bite. If they do....you've priced appropriately to cover your extra grief.
    gfondeur and Bluenoser63 like this.
    10-08-14 01:22 PM
    Actually DR is an authorized reseller, so they have some sort of contractual agreement with BlackBerry as they are one of the only two listed on the US BlackBerry site to purchase unlocked phones from.

Although the burden of failure is clearly on DR, it doesn't hurt to voice concern to BlackBerry why they would choose such a vendor.

Posted via CB10
    This. And to those who keeps saying that BB probably has a contract with the clowns from DR, BB should cancel it/end it. DR is hurting BB's rep - try calling them - a bunch of people in India that can BARELY speak English, know absolutely nothing about BB or its phones, and are clearly reading form a script.
    10-08-14 01:25 PM
    My only frustration with the situation is that it was in stock when I ordered it. I then get a backorder notice with no eta and no follow through. I don?t mind the wait, I mind the wrong initial impression and lack of any information.

Posted with two cups and a piece of string.
    stooy leown and rcab like this.
    10-08-14 01:40 PM
    My only frustration with the situation is that it was in stock when I ordered it. I then get a backorder notice with no eta and no follow through. I don?t mind the wait, I mind the wrong initial impression and lack of any information.

Yes, its the misrepresentation of stock that is the problem. BB not expecting this demand is understandable, but the misrepresentation is not understandable - its actually totally unacceptable
    mokeikoberry and rcab like this.
    10-08-14 01:45 PM

Ditto, just saw in another thread about restock date estimated to be 10-8-14. The date was from blackberry cs.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:46 PM
    So, I'm a troll because I want a Passport and I feel that BB dropped the ball on this?

How's this for being a troll?
    Attachment 303953
    That looks like my Amazon screen, all the way to the shipping date.

Frustrating to say the least.
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-08-14 01:54 PM
    I ordered over a week ago from Amazon on back order and I know what that means. I am going to wait patiently and be real happy when it arrives.
    3800, Doolittle2 and gfondeur like this.
    10-08-14 01:57 PM

That is really the salient issue. The lack off information, misinformation, charging some people's credit cards and not shipping, not updating the status, etc... the list of stuff goes on and on.

Posted via CB10
    rcab likes this.
    10-08-14 01:59 PM
    They should open up orders and give a backorder notice with an estimated ship date 2-4 weeks something

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. It is not the problem of waiting but there is not even an estimated shipping date. BB and Amazon should be able to provide that. What is so hard for Amazon to say "we have that many on back order" and BB would respond "on that and that day we have a shipment going to you" and then Amazon can in fact give all their back orders an estimated shipping date. Is that so hard to understand. They don't even have to manufacture more than they sold. Just give us an approx time frame.

People come here to get some information in hopes that maybe someone has heard something but are being called trolls instead.
    rcab likes this.
    10-08-14 02:01 PM
    GSM Nation has had them in stock with next business day delivery
    BlackBerry Passport (Unlocked)
    10-08-14 02:05 PM
    I put my order in for 2 Passport's and 2 covers from Shopblackberry.com with overnight delivery for a total of $1,400 USD. It's now been 2 weeks and my order still says Boxed Shipment. Every time I call they say it will ship the next day, but the next day comes and they still have not shipped. Don't have much faith left.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-08-14 02:12 PM
    Lack of efficient and effective communication to end-users is and has always been BlackBerry's problem , ironically for a software and device manufacturer that is all about efficient and effective communication. While launching with very low volume in order to not repeat the Z10 write down debacle is perfectly understandable, but the silence regarding back order/stock situation is deafening.
    rcab likes this.
    10-08-14 02:40 PM
    Id like to beable to purchase it on Back order then I don't have to keep checking back to see if its in stock yet. and then when its in stock theyll ship it

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    10-08-14 02:51 PM
    BTW, it's 200,000 unlock Passport that they sold during the first few hours. All without any carrier support.

Posted via CB10
    3800, bungaboy and gfondeur like this.
    10-08-14 02:52 PM
    You should learn how business works. Building in a PIA charge based on the client is standard practice in nearly any industry that bids work. If you really don't want to deal with them....charge them more and hope they don't bite. If they do....you've priced appropriately to cover your extra grief.
    I know how business works buddy - Im an attorney that have been on both sides of business tort disputes such as price fixing, price gauging, and various types of anticompetitive conduct. The 1st dude didn't mention a bidding process - obviously different rules apply to different transactions such as those. Back to the issue at hand - Blackberry is STILL in the wrong for not communicating to me and the myriad of others in this thread and the likely thousands of others not even on these boards. Terrible terrible business strategy - a failure on multiple fronts - and BB needs to know about it.
    rcab likes this.
    10-08-14 03:07 PM
227 ... 45678 ...