10-17-14 07:09 PM
227 ... 23456 ...
tools
    i've been trying to get one here in Jakarta. not yet launched, costs at least $1000.
    10-08-14 02:55 AM
    it's really a stupid thing to get a momentum going and then not have the product to back it up!!!! with the way BlackBerry has messed up on this passport; creating artificial scarcity will only make people think twice about purchasing the phone

Hate reviews will soon start coming in bashing the passport and putting people off
    shakingthrough likes this.
    10-08-14 03:15 AM
    Not sure if the same for all suppliers, but here you have a date (as of today).
    Expansys is usually pretty sharp with dates.

BlackBerry Passport (QWERTY, Black) - Expansys.com UK
    Each passing day I become more frustrated-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-08-14 at 05:17 AM.
    bungaboy and shakingthrough like this.
    10-08-14 05:00 AM
    To all the people that have their passports how would you like to be in our shoes and wait for the best phone bb has produced for 3+ weeks. Sure it's easy to call us babies and whiners but step in our shoes return your passport and wait 3 weeks with zero communication from the worlds largest richest online shopping center.

Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe how utterly incompetent blackberry is in terms of basic supply replenishment.
    10-08-14 05:05 AM
    Don't forget to blame Amazon while at it
    I can feel your frustration, but ... unless your current device is a lemon and your oder is in the line ... patience is growing excitement !
    Everybody rushed on day one to buy this device and it was unexpected. I mean Joe Smith and others. And BlackBerry have to fulfill orders for companies, whom the passport has been aimed to at the first place.

the kind of problem you like to deal with.

P.S: don't forget there will be (*rumor*) a passport2, some of you may finally rave being late to get the latest ...

Cheers
    SF
    zombieblackberry and gfondeur like this.
    10-08-14 05:13 AM
    I think it's safe to say that Amazon and BlackBerry don't have any news to tell you about when it'll ship. They will update you when they do. Simple.
    There's a reason BlackBerry doesn't allow people to purchase sold out devices on their site...
    Sure, it sucks having to wait, but it's not unheard of in product launches.
    People are still receiving them, so it's not like they stopped making them. BlackBerry likely projected x amount to sell, so they made x+n devices; however, in reality, the demand far exceeded expectations to 2 or 3x. Thus, the back order. I'm certain they are doing their best to get more product in the supply chain.

Posted via CB10
    zombieblackberry likes this.
    10-08-14 05:33 AM
    Lets all have a coffee or a beer and be friends. I'm waiting, but then waiting is sometimes half the fun! Like Christmas, you want it NOW.....but when it arrives you want it to be Christmas Eve again!
    10-08-14 06:08 AM
    Tell me about it. Passport was launched in 24th, and I placed my order through UK online shop on 28th. Their first batch was available on Oct 9th, but they emailed me on 6th saying my order had been pushed to 9th( the next available batch). Today, I received an email stating their batch was originally scheduled on 9th was pushed back to 16th of Oct by BlackBerry.

If I get it on 16th, that is nearly a month wait, not to mentioned I paid premium dollars 410 for it instead of official shop BlackBerry $599 or $4xx with coupon discount.

I have become really inpatient and frustrated.

BlackBerry Z10 10.3.0.1154
    10-08-14 06:50 AM
    Well, Because of the good support and Awesome customer service from Apple this could be a great solution.
    If a company like BB did not do it is homework in understanding the market need before lunching such an awesome product then Yes, BB valid it's customers!
    As a customer I will need before and after purchasing support and the only company that is able to do that till today is Apple.
    So YES drop BB and go to any other option where your phone call and email got reply at!
    they did their homework. the device was a way bigger hit that anyone predicted. so go buy a bendy iphone with a crappy OS that's as secure as it is cheap in quality.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:55 AM
    I cancelled my order for now and may gift myself a PP for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:57 AM
    If you want to say you ordered KNOWING it's back order or whatever, that's on you. Maybe where some come from IN STOCK and Back order mean the same. NOT here it dont.

Posted via CB10
    hnguyen and gfondeur like this.
    10-08-14 07:02 AM
    I for one just appreciate the fact that BlackBerry offered the device unlocked, direct from them, right after they launched it. That's progress over passed years of -- launch -- wait for it to trickle out across the carriers with uncertain release dates to boot.
    10-08-14 07:11 AM
    You can't take order while saying in stock and then send a f'ing on backorder email. THAT don't f'ing work. Plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think you are the only one buying this phone!??

Why would the site want to con it's consumers?? So when it states there is stock means it has stock.. so by the time u check it it's out of stock then it's out of stock.. there are billions of people in this world. And out of the billions if 0.2% would to click order.. you are at the back of the line.. so plain and simple...

Stop ranting

Posted via CB10
    allsportsfan likes this.
    10-08-14 07:25 AM
    You can't take order while saying in stock and then send a f'ing on backorder email. THAT don't f'ing work. Plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    do you understand how anything works? do you realize that during the short period of time you were placing your order while it said "in stock" thousands of other people were placing an order at the same exact time? if something is "in stock" cause there's 5,000 units available and 20,000 people place orders at once now it's out of stock and back-ordered for 15,000 people. this isn't something new. this is the same thing that happens when tickets go on sale on ticketmaster or whatever other online ticket vendor and an event sells out in 20 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:26 AM
    This is the best device out there period check the reviews on amazon uk and us the passport has already proven itself.
    10-08-14 07:31 AM
    In response, yea, familiar with how "stuff" works lol. How after buying it through buy now option, not the amount box. Have it processed and confirmed. You check afterwards, with the check box, and have it still say a "certain" amount left? Maybe their system is a complete waste. Why not give a update before checking out saying, on BO, wish to continue.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:46 AM
    You two fellas can try and justify it all you want. There is a problem somewhere in the ordering system. My biggest complaint, it's lack of info.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:48 AM
    Calling anyone at BlackBerry is useless. I have called and they don?t even know when they will have more available. It is frustrating and annoying. I might just go back to apple seeing as how they're more reliable

Posted via CB10
    More reliable perhaps but no less frustrating. My wife ordered the 32GB 5S on back order. 3 weeks in, not a peep from Rogers. I called and they told me that they won't be getting any. They won't be getting the 64GB either, only 16GB 5S's are available to order. I've got a guy who was 130th in line for the 6+ on launch reservation day about a month ago and he's still #83 but only 21 were delivered hence 26 people must have cancelled their orders. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by BBZ10wannabe; 10-08-14 at 08:54 AM.
    allsportsfan likes this.
    10-08-14 08:44 AM
    The only reason the z30 wasn't a hit was the screen brightness. When you walk into a store and it's sitting beside all the other bright screens you keep walking unless you are a blackberry fan. Even though most people adjust there's down it just looks like a piece of junk but I'm very happy with mine

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:51 AM
    For MONTHS I've been reading predictions here on CB that the Passport would be DOA. Nobody but the most deluded BlackBerry cultist would think of buying this fugly mutant phone.

We all agreed the Passport was a risky move. Anything that departs radically from entrenched expectations is risky. So how do you launch a risky product? With great discipline. You don't manufacture millions and millions up front, even if not doing so means you have to give up some economies of volume. You feed the supply line carefully.

So, what has happened? Despite the negativity expressed here and elsewhere, there is consumer demand for this phone. Notice I don't say "high" demand, because we don't know that. What we know is that BlackBerry's initial modest expectations have been exceeded, creating a backorder situation.

That's not a failure.

My personal guess is that this will continue for a while, because when people actually see this phone, they want it. Not all who see and want it will buy it, but enough will to keep the demand going for a while. But you really can't fault anybody for not predicting this. Some things just aren't predictable, and consumer response to a risky new design is one of them. But given their current situation, BlackBerry had to err on the side of caution here.

That's not a failure either. Far from it. Unexpected demand is good for BlackBerry, and what's good for BlackBerry is good for people who use their phones.

I don't fault the OP for his frustration, though. In fact, BlackBerry could turn this into a positive publicity moment by issuing a statement (maybe a Tweet), to the effect that consumer demand for the Passport has exceeded expectations, creating delays in filling orders, but they apologize and are doing everything possible to produce the devices the people want, etc. That would be a Good Thing, and they should do it.

But would the communication really eliminate the frustration, as the OP stated? You'd have to be pretty new around here to think that.
    D3C0D3R, bungaboy, tp2386 and 12 others like this.
    10-08-14 08:53 AM
    I'm not sure when treating your customers like they are anything less than valued became acceptable. ShopBB is the official sales arm for BlackBerry the same way that the store on apple.com is for them. Compare and contrast if you would two phones with demand that out stripped supply. Before you order an iPhone they give you a date certain when your phone will be shipped. Many folks report getting them before that date, few after.

Now compare that with the service provided by shopblackberry.com and the haphazard way they sell phones in BlackBerry's name. I am sure that BlackBerry has a contract with digital river to operate the store, I am hoping they are actively trying to find new partnerships that would work much better.

The OP is 100% correct to be frustrated with the level of service - more correctly said the complete lack of service and feeling less than a valued customer - he has received to this time.

If I treated my customers in the same way I guarantee you I would be looking for a new job very soon.
    mokeikoberry, ce71 and rcab like this.
    10-08-14 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    You'll be surprised what they will do. When I recently ordered up a Ipad Air from my carrier they said it was in stock for next day delivery. I received it 3 weeks later after wondering if I would ever get it as they gave me no updates at all, and on that very same day I received it they had only just amended their Web site to say it may take up to 3 weeks to deliver.

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    10-08-14 09:19 AM
    I have many years in retail, and an out of stock situation is a cause for alarm, especially so for a hot item like this one. When that happens, it's all hands on deck scramble to get more product and FAST. You can't sell it if you don't have it.

My story - former Blackberry user who sought greener pastures a couple of phones ago. I now have a Galaxy SII, and the bluetooth/wi-fi quit on it. I can use it like that for a while, but I will need a new phone. Seeking something more well-built, I checked the Blackberry site last week and saw the Passport and it looked good. Obviously, I could not order it. I put in my e-mail and got no response. I called the company to find out when they could get it back in stock, and they had absolutely no idea.

I will wait a little longer because I like the phone, or at least the theoretical idea of it. If nothing develops with the Passport in the next week or so, I will get another Samsung, and there are plenty of those.

I am no Blackberry sycophant, so I really don't care that they under-produced in order to be cautious and preserve the company. If I was a BB stockholder, I would be pretty pissed. BB has the image of a tired old company whose best days are long behind it. Now that they finally have a product someone wants, they can't ship it? Can't ratchet up production? Heads should be rolling. Press releases should be releasing. I'm not seeing any of that.

Those are basic retail concepts, and the neglect of the basics is a sure sign of incompetence.
    Actually, if I was a BlackBerry stockholder, I would be happy since it means they sold more than expected and the stock would rise!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:27 AM
    Just to put things into perspective, I have pre-ordered an iPhone 6+ back in September and up to know I got nothing. Based on my position in the "online" line up, I would estimate that it's going to take another 3-4 weeks to get it. So, it's not only BlackBerry that can't manufacture phones fast enough, even Apple has the same issues especially when there is a high demand for your device.
    Superfly_FR, 3800 and gfondeur like this.
    10-08-14 09:38 AM
    I'm kind of glad I'm getting the next batch. Hopefully they did something with that space bar.....

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:52 AM
227 ... 23456 ...