10-17-14 06:09 PM
227 123 ...
tools
    Just when I think BB turned the corner, they never fail to disappoint.

I tried time after time to purchase a Passport on BB's web site, but the "Buy" button was never visible. I also signed up for the "Notify me when back in stock" notification under several email accounts - never heard a peep. Eventually, I purchased a backordered Passport through Amazon.

A few days passed. Then a week. This Friday, it will be two weeks.

All this time, no email from BB or from Amazon. Therefore, I'm left sitting here wondering - was BB really this stupid? Could they have launched a new product with only 200,000 items??? Or, is this part of some half-brained marketing scheme? Why am I wondering this? Because nobody has contacted me and told me anything. Not even a generic "Thanks for ordering - we hope to have your shipment by ___ date" email. I'm serious, I'm completely dumbfounded. I can't honestly believe they were this stupid to not have more items available for consumers to purchase. Every day that passes, I think of other ways I could spend my $600 if I cancel my order.

Call it whatever you want - but 10 days in and you can't provide a product to a paid customer or you don't even reach out with an information update? That's called a failure.
    10-07-14 06:39 PM
    half-brained marketing scheme it is. everyone who heard of the 25% discount jumped on it, pulling more people in, including iPhone users, and then it's gone. BB now have collected a ton of cash for products that was never in their warehouse. The trick to steal market shares from Apple was nicely pulled off.
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    10-07-14 06:46 PM
    I appreciate your disappointment and frustration. So weird. Have you tried calling Blackberry directly to inquire about the availability of the next batch? IDK where you are. The launch was only official through Canadian carriers. Unlocked versions are hit or miss at the beginning. I'm sure it will flow better by the end of the month. If you are curious try www.welectronics.com They typically stock every device on the planet once available. I've purchased through them before. Warning: they are expensive. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    tusilal likes this.
    I agree!! Have repeatedly tried to order one but its always out of stock! I'm out of contract with Sprint and ready to move to AT&T but can't get a passport to move with. I'm beginning to be very frustrated about it.

Posted via CB10
    Calling anyone at BlackBerry is useless. I have called and they don?t even know when they will have more available. It is frustrating and annoying. I might just go back to apple seeing as how they're more reliable

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:51 PM
    Doesn't sound good. I have been trying to buy from Shop BlackBerry for the past 2 days and can't even get an order in.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:51 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball! As for what to do with your 600 dollars, get an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:53 PM
    I understand why you're upset about the situation. However, I think that its better for BB to be sold out of the passport than to be over stocked like heins and the Z10. The passport is doing well, it's just out of stock due the early stages.
    10-07-14 06:57 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball! As for what to do with your 600 dollars, get an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Why is that a solution? Kind of immature reaction to a supply problem don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's not a solution at all! If anything it causes even more problems!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-07-14 06:59 PM
    WELCOME to the Verizon world
    Understand the frustration....

STL100-4 OS10.2.1.2976
    10-07-14 06:59 PM
    WELCOME to the Verizon world
    Understand the frustration....

STL100-4 OS10.2.1.2976
    Should have added....it is not even available.....but OK.....lovin my Z10.....for now

STL100-4 OS10.2.1.2976
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-07-14 07:01 PM
    All of this was cool in the beginning and made you really feel good for Blackberry... but as you can see, they aren't doing themselves any favors at all if people like me (who were very interested in making the switch back to BB) start to get frustrated...
    10-07-14 07:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can't get an iPhone for $600...hehehe

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:04 PM

I tried time after time to purchase a Passport on BB's web site, but the "Buy" button was never visible. I also signed up for the "Notify me when back in stock" notification under several email accounts - never heard a peep. Eventually, I purchased a backordered Passport through Amazon.

All this time, no email from BB or from Amazon. Therefore, I'm left sitting here wondering - was BB really this stupid? Could they have launched a new product with only 200,000 items??? Or, is this part of some half-brained marketing scheme? Why am I wondering this? Because nobody has contacted me and told me anything. Not even a generic "Thanks for ordering - we hope to have your shipment by ___ date" email. I'm serious, I'm completely dumbfounded. I can't honestly believe they were this stupid to not have more items available for consumers to purchase. Every day that passes, I think of other ways I could spend my $600 if I cancel my order.

Call it whatever you want - but 10 days in and you can't provide a product to a paid customer or you don't even reach out with an information update? That's called a failure.
    YOu purchased an item on backorder what were you expecting? They shouldn't have even let you buy it because all it does is leave a bad taste in people's mouth.
    10-07-14 07:05 PM
    BlackBerry can't afford another billion dollar write down. Like they had with the Z10. I'm surprised that they had 200k units for sale!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:06 PM
    half-brained marketing scheme it is. everyone who heard of the 25% discount jumped on it, pulling more people in, including iPhone users, and then it's gone. BB now have collected a ton of cash for products that was never in their warehouse. The trick to steal market shares from Apple was nicely pulled off.
    If you truly believe what you just typed....Then my friend I have several bridges to sell you along with some prime swamp real estate...
    10-07-14 07:06 PM
    BlackBerry can't afford another billion dollar write down. Like they had with the Z10. I'm surprised that they had 200k units for sale!

Posted via CB10
    This is most likely what happened.. Now the are probably scrambling to get a lot more made..
    10-07-14 07:08 PM
    Oh and for the record according to John Chen on the last conference call the initial launch day production was for 200k units and much larger production batch shipped October 1. Don't know what's happened since then but this is the first time that they have had day 1 availability online so they probably didn't know what to expect.
    10-07-14 07:11 PM
    Yeah, Amazon is extremely frustrating. A week now ordered now for me without a peep of availability. I'm not in a hurry though. I ordered an iPhone 6 and have been using that for a couple days and have been enjoying it (first iPhone since the 4s... Been through about a dozen Android phones and a Z30 since then).

However, still looking forward to a shipment email.
    mona5804 likes this.
    Sorry about your frustration. I was in the same boat until yesterday but I can definitely tell you, it is worth the wait!

Posted via CB10

Everybody was bashing the passport before its launch... people said it was ugly, too big, weird, etc... Plus there was that catastrophic fail with a huge amount of inventory of Z10s and Q10s unsold, and costing tones of money to blackberry

So Blackberry didn't expect to seel many of those, they aimed at the professionals. So to be safe, they made a conservative number of passports.

Then the Passport was launched, it blowed everybody's mind, the device in real life was actualy very sleek, very well build, and had great features, everybody now want one, but there aren't many built.

So deal with it.
    10-07-14 07:24 PM
    It's funny, you mention Apple is more reliable, but I seem to remember many of the early iPhone launches not being smooth - activations via AT&T and iTunes left people hanging for hours after they had already waited in line for several hours. Or people being turned away from the door because the policies on only account holders for AT&T purchasing in-store wasn't well established. How about antennagate?

This is Blackberry's first largely successful and anticipated product in a long time and under new management with a new sales style. Be patient. I don't think even they expected this surge of demand. Even with the "reliable" Apple formula, there are people who want a specific iPhone 6/6+ configuration that may not be able to walk into a store and get one today - and even with this launch, the Apple Store itself was down for several hours on pre-order day. So - it's not unreasonable to find some glitches in the Passport launch.

If excess cash is in your hand, eBay is your friend. There are numerous trusted sellers with new devices waiting to be delivered to your doorstep.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:25 PM
    I placed my order on Amazon US two days after the launch. It was back ordered at first, but shipped last week and has now arrived at my sister's. So hang in there, you can get them, they just need to do a large production run (which takes time).

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-07-14 07:29 PM
    OP you make a valid claim yet I can't take you seriously with the way you went about saying it. BlackBerry is a complete failure because of this? .... lol smh

But then again I've had my passport since launch day so I haven't been missing out on blackberrys latest "failure". I'm sure you'll have better luck getting the iPhone.

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    3800, bungaboy and mister2d like this.
    10-07-14 07:30 PM
227 123 ...