GSM Nation has had them in stock with next business day delivery
    BlackBerry Passport (Unlocked)
    This is why BB should put limits on the size of orders - this would help us real customers get the darn phone without these shady companies coming in, scooping them all up to sell at a 33% markup! F you gsm nation.
    deltact likes this.
    10-08-14 03:10 PM
    I know how business works buddy - Im an attorney
    So then it would seem odd that you'd say it was illegal. A bid is just that: what ever compensation you want to do the job regardless of what factors you figured in.

The 1st dude didn't mention a bidding process - obviously different rules apply to different transactions such as those.
    I hope you read contracts better than you read his quote. He said........:

"When I had my company before I was bought out, I had customers who complained right from the get go. I tried to please them but in the end, they were never pleased no matter what I did for them. Later on, I took the tact that when someone complained from the get go, I gave them a quote double what I would charge someone who was nice and accommodating."

Did you see that part? Where he said "gave them a quote"? That means it was a custom quote/bid job. Buddy.
    10-08-14 03:20 PM
    BTW, it's 200,000 unlock Passport that they sold during the first few hours. All without any carrier support.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah in north America between shopBB and amazon. worldwide they probably sold and shipped 500,000 by now including carrier devices and the 2nd stock on shopBB.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:31 PM
    Calling anyone at BlackBerry is useless. I have called and they don?t even know when they will have more available. It is frustrating and annoying. I might just go back to apple seeing as how they're more reliable

Posted via CB10
    To put all this in perspective, my wife ordered an IPhone 6 Monday a week ago, and we have yet to receive any communication outside of the initial "Your order was received and is processing. "
    Come to think of it, I can't think of a single top name online retailer that handles this differently.
    Stop complaining and be happy that BlackBerry is on this side of the sales curve for once.

Posted via CB10
    3800, gfondeur, Nharzhool and 2 others like this.
    10-08-14 03:33 PM
    This is why BB should put limits on the size of orders - this would help us real customers get the darn phone without these shady companies coming in, scooping them all up to sell at a 33% markup! F you gsm nation.
    So I am a IT manager with purchasing power to buy 200 Blackberrys for my company. Should I be limited too? Think not. And don't you believe in a free market system?
    10-08-14 03:40 PM
    it's highly unlikely that they sold 200k unlocked passports on the first day.

what John Chen said was that he had received POs for 200k passports. that doesn't mean online. it means distributors had put orders in for 200k units. each carrier is a distributor. out that initial 200k run, maybe 50k were destined for shopblackbery?

telus got some, dubai carriers got some, uk carriers got some and i'm sure some other carriers in other markets also had put POs in for units in the initial run.
    10-08-14 04:10 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball! As for what to do with your 600 dollars, get an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Wow!!

In some people's mind BlackBerry always drops the ball. Good to know lot of people are perfect on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and dietertong like this.
    10-08-14 04:14 PM
    I would rather have BlackBerry run this way than over stock and go bankrupt. They realized they don't have the customer base for iPhone type production. On that note, my coworker waited almost 3 weeks for his iPhone 6+ and had a similar experience of very little communication from the carrier.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.1.632
    3800 likes this.
    10-08-14 04:21 PM
    Lack of efficient and effective communication to end-users is and has always been BlackBerry's problem , ironically for a software and device manufacturer that is all about efficient and effective communication. While launching with very low volume in order to not repeat the Z10 write down debacle is perfectly understandable, but the silence regarding back order/stock situation is deafening.
    The situation will be significantly improved after their employees are equipped with Passports.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-08-14 04:27 PM
    [WARN]OK, folks, time to tone the comments down. No personal shots or insults please. Debate the topic, not the person making comments.[/WARN]
    mona5804, Mic_JP and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-08-14 04:29 PM
    it's highly unlikely that they sold 200k unlocked passports on the first day.

what John Chen said was that he had received POs for 200k passports. that doesn't mean online. it means distributors had put orders in for 200k units. each carrier is a distributor. out that initial 200k run, maybe 50k were destined for shopblackbery?

telus got some, dubai carriers got some, uk carriers got some and i'm sure some other carriers in other markets also had put POs in for units in the initial run.
    Actually hour specifically said during the earnings call that the online sales (shop BlackBerry and amazon) had sold between them 200,000 Passport

Posted via CB10
    rcab likes this.
    10-08-14 04:29 PM
    Lets all have a coffee or a beer and be friends. I'm waiting, but then waiting is sometimes half the fun! Like Christmas, you want it NOW.....but when it arrives you want it to be Christmas Eve again!
    OMG - too right!!! I'm a real baby-berry - finally broke down and bought a tablet only because I discovered the BB Playbook - still have to finish setting it up (great, nearly new bargain on ebay, but swiped, so had to re-install & live in country and can't, having tried for TWO HOURS this morning - to piggyback on the wifi here at this little farm... sign) Back on thread - I'm frustrated!!!!!!! I want this Passport so badly, you would think it's the best organic dark chocolate with macadamia or hazel nuts and some sea salt & cayenne... I digress - I'm a writer, I'm on deadline and I WANT A BB PP !!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAH! People are dissed by the monopoly to AT&T - well, no kidding! I have Sprint - my 4s was okay until they forced the iOS 7 on it and it has been total crap since.... A BB saved my writer's **** in East Africa last summer. My 4s was useless (thank you, Sprint), no one else's mobile, even with international options got a signal by the "phone tree" where we were on the east coast before July 4th when I had huge deadline to meet. Stories written, no signal. Nothing. Not even the local peoples' dongles were getting a bar. it was BLACKBERRY TO THE RESCUE!!!!! He had a card reader and we flipped those two stories into the card and attached to emails on his BB - OMG, I'm thinking God must be a Crackberry enthusiasts, because I SWEATED BULLETS for THREE DAYS to get these stories delivered... Anyhow, happy ending, thanks only to BB. Fast forward to getting 4s replaced - piece of crap re power button (google the problems), not great with iOS 7 - but that's what I got when the battery croaked (not replaceable except by Apple - bite me)... SO NOW, I'm way overdue for a new phone and I call Sprint and they don't have any BBs in the store, maybe they can order me one and what's a Passport? What rock did you crawl out from underneath? So I called the local AT&T store - if I have to jump ship for a Passport, amen (not happy about the rip-off fees, mind you) - and the customer service person has no clue what a Blackberry Passport is, never mind when they might stock them. Well, everyone who doesn't have AT&T is ranting and raving about jumping from their carrier to ATT (spelled with two esses is closer to the truth) and I'm looking at a Z10 or Q10 and they're several hundred on ebay, but the PP is $600 - maybe it will be $250 for new customers to A--, BUT DO I REALLY WANT TO GO THERE??? I'm not thinking about jumping ship, I'm wondering if maybe this isn't a good time for this old nag to seek different pastures and maybe live in Canada or England or somewhere where they appreciate GMS and the quality of BB!!!! I want a work tool, not a toy. FYI, that playbook is sitting on the end of my drafting table, turned off, but humming a siren song and I am on deadline and really can't run off to the local country store with free wife and decent pizza (for the boonies far from my country-folks...) FRUSTRATING - yes, worth the wait, I certainly think so or I wouldn't be signing into Crackberry, getting all excited about a playbook that they dropped the ball on for tech updates, and I really really really wish that one of the BYOD indie service providers could handle GSM, but this is rural territory, near the mountains and I don't know how long I have to fret and hope and wait, but I'm praying for a PP by Christmas - or else I'm going to start looking into somewhere else more BB-minded to live!!!!
    10-08-14 06:57 PM
    I know how business works buddy - Im an attorney . . . .
    It all makes sense now. . . .
    10-08-14 07:18 PM
    It all makes sense now. . . .
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:27 PM
    damn i hate to sound like i am defending a company but I agree they should have emailed. or give an ETA.

I dont agree that they should have had Passports for everyone that ordered. Its a new probuct and alot of people were screaming for it to be available. We have to be patient.
    blkitr likes this.
    10-08-14 07:35 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    ACCORDING to BlackBerry CEO Chen, within hours of Launch announcement they sold 200,000 Passports via Amazon and Shop BlackBerry AND had 200,000 on backorder before halting orders....

Since then I believe demand (orders) have exceeded half a million Passports. This is mostly by word of mouth demand as major advertising has not commenced....

The product IS outstanding and people want it...

They (BlackBerry) are trying to produce as fast as possible....

It's the "grand slam" winning product they had hoped for but did not anticipate....

Patience.... it's worth it...

Each passing day I become more frustrated-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R, Ecm, playpen007 and 2 others like this.
    10-08-14 07:50 PM
    ACCORDING to BlackBerry CEO Chen, within hours of Launch announcement they sold 200,000 Passports via Amazon and Shop BlackBerry AND had 200,000 on backorder before halting orders....

Since then I believe demand (orders) have exceeded half a million Passports. This is mostly by word of mouth demand as major advertising has not commenced....

The product IS outstanding and people want it...

They (BlackBerry) are trying to produce as fast as possible....

It's the "grand slam" winning product they had hoped for but did not anticipate....

Patience.... it's worth it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(1).jpg 
Views:	907 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	304314

Posted via CB10
    Could not have said it better myself, thanks! Makes me happy to see that I'm not the only one thinking like this!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-08-14 07:52 PM
    haha i just got mine last night. ($1000+ jakarta price)
    it's something different from anything in the market, will see how it fares. i think it's best smartphone around, for now.
    10-08-14 08:01 PM
    I should deal with it? Oh, I will. But, other people won't. Meaning - lost revenue. If you're a business and you just let a sure sale walk out the door - you failed. Every day that passes with no Passport, BB loses money from those on the fence deciding to go with a different device. So, your real message should be for BB to deal with it, because they're the ones losing out.
    You have to assess risk. This was a controversial design that had polarized management in the company for years (Heins had been very skeptical and even Chen was far from convinced buyers would be interested in this design). Even the BlackBerry fan community was VERY polarized over it.

Given these conditions, it was prudent to set targets low.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have mine yet, either.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:10 PM
    I ordered mine through Amazon.com and I never got any updates until it shipped a week later. Just have patience and order it and you will get it before you know. We all could spend 600 dollars in many other things! But this is worth it! You should order it and wait for it to ship when supply is replenished

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:29 PM
    I hesitated to purchase the passport when it was first available. I purchased a backordered one on shopblackberry and waited 2 weeks for it to ship due to my indecisiveness. Never once did I blame BlackBerry for that because I had the opportunity to jump on board but didn't. The product is sold out now. I don't get all this animosity towards them now because when anything sells out, you don't get one. That's just how things work?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:30 PM
    Ok... as I posted earlier my order was canceled even though DR had already charged my credit card - not to be confused with pre-authorizing the amount.

A day later they told me they had a system error and that I would have to re-order the VIP Passport version, albeit its no longer available on their website.

Being completely over DR I wrote a pretty stern email that, honestly was extremely critical of their lack of service and how I would rather cancel my order than to deal with them one more minute. Well interesting enough my office in Vancouver called to tell me that a package will clear customs tomorrow morning - none other than from DR. Yes, DR sent me a phone that they supposedly canceled, even though they charged me, that was out of stock, and yet I have zero updates from them only to find out that its now sitting at the boarded.

The best of it all... I just landed in Los Angeles this morning and won't be going back to Van for another week and half. Go figure.
    10-08-14 08:33 PM
    People are waiting for well over 4 weeks for an iPhone. It's tough to wait but a good sign

Posted with my Passport #workwide
    10-08-14 08:36 PM
    I broke my Z10 hiking the weekend after the launch when Amazon and Shop Blackberry were both out of stock. I had signed up for notification when they were in stock and decided to order through Shop Blackberry regardless. While I still have not received any notification of stock my Passport was shipped Monday morning and will be here tomorrow. I suspect they had so many on back order they ran out of stock immediately on the second shipment and didn't bother to send out notifications.
    10-08-14 09:30 PM
    Since he bought from Amazon and not Blackberry, shouldn't it be a issue with Amazon's communications?
    Agreed. Bbry needs to tell Amazon when it will ship, then amazon should tell him when it will be shipped to him (direct or through their DC).

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:17 PM
227 ... 56789 ...