I'm always perplexed by people who apply this logic to life:

"I have to wait a bit for what I really want and what I will use every single day, so I'll instead buy something I DON'T want simply because I can get it today with no waiting"

Imagine if people bought cars and houses or chose their spouses that way. Oh, wait..........
    10-08-14 09:10 AM
    Trust me they know what they are doing? They don't want to repeat the same mistake they have with Z10 inventory write off. John Chen is very careful CEO plus the manufacture is under Foxconn. Remember, Passport is 180 changed of design. They have to make sure there is enough demand for this device before they start full production. I bet Foxconn probably start full production already. Hopefully, by
    middle of November or end of November, there will be plenty of Passport supplies.

Just when I think BB turned the corner, they never fail to disappoint.

I tried time after time to purchase a Passport on BB's web site, but the "Buy" button was never visible. I also signed up for the "Notify me when back in stock" notification under several email accounts - never heard a peep. Eventually, I purchased a backordered Passport through Amazon.

A few days passed. Then a week. This Friday, it will be two weeks.

All this time, no email from BB or from Amazon. Therefore, I'm left sitting here wondering - was BB really this stupid? Could they have launched a new product with only 200,000 items??? Or, is this part of some half-brained marketing scheme? Why am I wondering this? Because nobody has contacted me and told me anything. Not even a generic "Thanks for ordering - we hope to have your shipment by ___ date" email. I'm serious, I'm completely dumbfounded. I can't honestly believe they were this stupid to not have more items available for consumers to purchase. Every day that passes, I think of other ways I could spend my $600 if I cancel my order.

Call it whatever you want - but 10 days in and you can't provide a product to a paid customer or you don't even reach out with an information update? That's called a failure.
    10-08-14 09:16 AM
    I understand why you're upset about the situation. However, I think that its better for BB to be sold out of the passport than to be over stocked like heins and the Z10. The passport is doing well, it's just out of stock due the early stages.
    You have a legitimate post however the real issue is DR and BlackBerry lack of putting the screws to their company who handles unlocked, direct sales on their behalf.

The handling of orders, lack of information by DR, with some people having their credit cards charged and nothing shipped, only to wait for days to have someone else order a device and receive it before they do is completely inexcusable.

DR is a **** poor, half baked, excuse of a fulfillment company that BlackBerry should move away from.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:18 AM
    Trust me they know what they are doing? They don't want to repeat the same mistake they have with Z10 inventory write off. John Chen is very careful CEO plus the manufacture is under Foxconn. Remember, Passport is 180 changed of design. They have to make sure there is enough demand for this device before they start full production. I bet Foxconn probably start full production already. Hopefully, by
    middle of November or end of November, there will be plenty of Passport supplies.
    Foxconn only makes the Z3. Blackberry makes the Passports.
    10-08-14 09:30 AM
    I'm kind of glad I'm getting the next batch. Hopefully they did something with that space bar.....

Posted via CB10
    Sorry.. what's wrong with the spacebar!???

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:32 AM
    Trust me, Foxconn does not make any other BlackBerry but the Z3 at this point in time.

Posted via CB10
    playpen007 likes this.
    10-08-14 09:42 AM
    It's worth the wait. Trust me.

Posted from my incredible BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:46 AM
    Do you think you are the only one buying this phone!??

Why would the site want to con it's consumers?? So when it states there is stock means it has stock.. so by the time u check it it's out of stock then it's out of stock.. there are billions of people in this world. And out of the billions if 0.2% would to click order.. you are at the back of the line.. so plain and simple...

Stop ranting

Posted via CB10
    Point the other person is making is valid. Each time one page showed it in stock, the next page which was the "in cart" page said it was on back order.

In some cases, people successfully purchased the device to only receive an email hours later stating it was on back order. Then some others purchased it and received it with 2 days, clearly after others purchased theirs who are caught in some back order limbo.

Point blank, running a company the way DR does is beyond stupid. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:51 AM
    Agreed. And toward rab, again, blackberry is not some high end car maker that you make to damn order. YOU make EXTRA. Not saying make a billion of them. But come on.

Posted via CB10
    And what would be the correct EXTRA amount in your opinion ? Who's to say they didn't make that amount? And sold all those? So where does it end.. Your logic is a little flawed..
    Nharzhool likes this.
    10-08-14 09:57 AM
    Digital River - is a RESELLER for Blackberry, it is a separate company apart from Blackberry. For those who are complaining about getting information from Blackberry, they don't know how much stock Digital River has. All the issues people are having are around the fulfillment of information of their sales order to DR. Complain to them. Sure bashing Blackberry is easy and it's finally nice to hear that they have a problem of having too much demand compared to the supply they made.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-08-14 10:03 AM
    Foxconn only makes the Z3. Blackberry makes the Passports.
    Thanks, I thought Foxconn handles Passport as well! If that is the case, now I know why it is so slow. Only Foxconn have the full capacity.
    10-08-14 10:14 AM
    Just when I think BB turned the corner, they never fail to disappoint.

I tried time after time to purchase a Passport on BB's web site, but the "Buy" button was never visible. I also signed up for the "Notify me when back in stock" notification under several email accounts - never heard a peep. Eventually, I purchased a backordered Passport through Amazon.

A few days passed. Then a week. This Friday, it will be two weeks.

All this time, no email from BB or from Amazon. Therefore, I'm left sitting here wondering - was BB really this stupid? Could they have launched a new product with only 200,000 items??? Or, is this part of some half-brained marketing scheme? Why am I wondering this? Because nobody has contacted me and told me anything. Not even a generic "Thanks for ordering - we hope to have your shipment by ___ date" email. I'm serious, I'm completely dumbfounded. I can't honestly believe they were this stupid to not have more items available for consumers to purchase. Every day that passes, I think of other ways I could spend my $600 if I cancel my order.

Call it whatever you want - but 10 days in and you can't provide a product to a paid customer or you don't even reach out with an information update? That's called a failure.
    I'm sure you're frustrated. Once you do finally receive your Passport, you will quickly forget how long you had to wait for it. And you'll be happy with the device for sure.

I wish BB had decided to manufacture more than 200K Passport's, but they were using a double dose of caution on this one for a few reasons. First, I don't think the Z30 flagship sold as well as they had expected. Second, the media was bashing the crap out of the design of the Passport for the months leading up to the launch (and many outlets continue to bash it). Finally, they remember the Billion dollar write off of the Z10 unsold inventory, and didn't want to repeat that fiasco (and I don't blame them).

Based on the number of countries that they planned on launching the Passport globally, an initial round of 200K does seem quite light. A better place to start would have been 500K in my opinion, but those may have all sold out as well (with 300K additional happy customers).

Good luck and I hope you get a surprise shipment soon! Keep the faith!
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-08-14 10:17 AM
    when iphones came out they were in deliberate short supply, not because of a shortage of units but because apple builds the hype by releasing oh so many at a time. but here in BB land it is not the same case. They are putting them out as fast as the can. Chen being smart didn't go mad into over production like Heins did and it was a good call. Demand is there, new units will be in stores soon and well if its a carrier that doesnt have it, then they are the ones that are messing up for not ordering enough stock, not blackberry's fault. just wait it out like the rest of us. i share our pain, I am waiting for mine and at a $200 discount but Im not bawling my eyes out or crying foul at anyone. Supply is limited for the time being, demand is very high. It's called the marketplace and it doesnt always work in the consumers favor.
    gfondeur and hnguyen like this.
    10-08-14 10:20 AM
    Thanks, I thought Foxconn makes Passport as well!

Trust me, Foxconn does not make any other BlackBerry but the Z3 at this point in time.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:31 AM
    Agreed. And toward rab, again, blackberry is not some high end car maker that you make to damn order. YOU make EXTRA. Not saying make a billion of them. But come on.

Posted via CB10
    You really refuse to see logic because you refuse to admit you're wrong, eh?

BlackBerry had to be conservative in relation to their production because they literally can't take ANY write-off... it makes sense, especially considering how many people were so unsure about the device going into the launch...
    It turned out to be an amazing success and it's going well, so hold your horses and you'll get the phone soon!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    gfondeur, spikesolie and Nharzhool like this.
    10-08-14 11:18 AM
    Digital River - is a RESELLER for Blackberry, it is a separate company apart from Blackberry. For those who are complaining about getting information from Blackberry, they don't know how much stock Digital River has. All the issues people are having are around the fulfillment of information of their sales order to DR. Complain to them. Sure bashing Blackberry is easy and it's finally nice to hear that they have a problem of having too much demand compared to the supply they made.
    BlackBerry doesn't know how much stock DR has? If that is actually the case somebody or a whole department at BlackBerry should be replaced. BlackBerry is fighting for its life and should be on top of their inventory around the globe, period! A detail that cannot be taken for granted.

I think they know for sure who has what.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:27 AM
    Actually, if I was a BlackBerry stockholder, I would be happy since it means they sold more than expected and the stock would rise!

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. In business, time is money. And at the same time that potential buyers are turned away by BB, do you have any doubt that Samsung is developing a quirky square display phone for fast track release? And in sufficient quantity? BB has been given a key advantage and is failing to seize it because they have no sense for the imperative of their own situation. They could at least make a minimal effort to mollify those they are turning away from their own cash registers.
    10-08-14 11:35 AM
    when iphones came out they were in deliberate short supply, not because of a shortage of units but because apple builds the hype by releasing oh so many at a time. but here in BB land it is not the same case. They are putting them out as fast as the can. Chen being smart didn't go mad into over production like Heins did and it was a good call. Demand is there, new units will be in stores soon and well if its a carrier that doesnt have it, then they are the ones that are messing up for not ordering enough stock, not blackberry's fault. just wait it out like the rest of us. i share our pain, I am waiting for mine and at a $200 discount but Im not bawling my eyes out or crying foul at anyone. Supply is limited for the time being, demand is very high. It's called the marketplace and it doesnt always work in the consumers favor.
    lol yeah listen to this chap , at least you never queued overnight to be told they were out of stock then went to order on-line from Apple and had to wait 3 - 4 weeks.

Do you have no phone? You ever heard of the best things come to those who wait?

It is hardly a life threatening situation, frustrating maybe but come on guys, cool your jets

Barry
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-08-14 11:46 AM
    You really refuse to see logic because you refuse to admit you're wrong, eh?

BlackBerry had to be conservative in relation to their production because they literally can't take ANY write-off... it makes sense, especially considering how many people were so unsure about the device going into the launch...
    It turned out to be an amazing success and it's going well, so hold your horses and you'll get the phone soon!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    I see the logic and I'd be the first to admit when wrong. My biggest problem is the system in place and the lack of what BlackBerry is know for. COMMUNICATION during the process.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:49 AM
    "Not even a generic "Thanks for ordering - we hope to have your shipment by ___ date" email."

If you did not receive an automatic reply from Amazon, then you didn't complete the order, because those replies are "AUTOMATIC." They are not based on stock, and they are not sent by humans.
    gfondeur and spikesolie like this.
    10-08-14 11:51 AM
    Not sure it's Foxconn (I guess not) ...
    anyone to confirm/infirm ?
    10-08-14 11:56 AM
    I see the logic and I'd be the first to admit when wrong. My biggest problem is the system in place and the lack of what BlackBerry is know for. COMMUNICATION during the process.

Posted via CB10
    That is a much better arguement...
    10-08-14 12:02 PM
    With each passing day, I generally forget about the day before because it's gone and does me no good to dwell on it.
    I also try not to think about tomorrow, either, cause "frustrated" wouldn't come close to what my imagination would come up with.

So, for the most part, I try to just stay in the moment and enjoy it and except the fact that thinks never seem to work out the way you want them to or the way you think they should!

Call it denial if you want, but with each passing day I'm happy and can't wipe that smile off my face!

(but then, I'm not from around here.......)

Ecm, bungaboy and gfondeur like this.
    10-08-14 12:08 PM
    I agree with the OP, and I am in the same boat, along with the other thousands. This is a DISASTER. I have been an ardent supporter of BB here in Los Angeles where it is difficult to so so, and I face ridicule for doing it, but this is totally indefensible by Blackberry to not be able to get these products to paying customers, and for allowing its resellers/retailers to misrepresent stock in order to get peoples' cash and then tell them tough luck. This is reprehensible conduct and people (BB, the public, BB haters, everyone) need to know about it. If I don't get my phone (purchased 9/26/14) shipped today, Im cancelling my order. F this nonsense.
    10-08-14 12:16 PM
    I advise that anyone that was screwed by BB's poor stocking strategy with a purchase at amazon call or chat with amazon customer support and complain. I have received $25 in credits from Amazon for this. HOPEFULLY, Amazon taxes Blackberry for these credits (or makes BB pay for them) - maybe this way BB will learn its lesson not to make this mistake again.
    10-08-14 12:31 PM
227 ... 34567 ...