Well I know the wait has got to Sux, so happy I've had mine since launch date

If the waiting is overwhelming, there are quite a few on eBay for sale, only hitch is you'll have to really up the price for one...........
    10-10-14 06:56 PM
    Finally, someone realized they were f'n up by such miserable communications. While I would be somewhat upset to wait this long at least they have communicated a real date and an official communication.

The only really good thing about this is with the 30 day return policy, if it's not for you, you may be able to actually compare to a classic and swap it.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:02 PM
    Wow thats a joke. I was willing to cut them slack for being out of stock for a week or two but 5 weeks is not acceptable
    10-10-14 07:18 PM
    Wow thats a joke. I was willing to cut them slack for being out of stock for a week or two but 5 weeks is not acceptable
    How is that a joke? Have you ramped up production for a severe shortage product and done it better?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:39 PM
    This is GOOD NEWS. The company realized they needed to set expectations and they did. Someone else said it but I would think they are going to under promise and over deliver. Now the new ******** and complaining begins. That's too long - WAAAAH. My credit card has been charged, WAAAAAH. We are getting this at a discounted price and it is going to take a bit longer. I'm not sweating it (I paid by paypal so I prepaid and not complaining). If the deal was posed as pay "$449 in full now and we will ship your device by 10-29." we'd have all gladly forked over our dough.
    10-10-14 07:48 PM
    I spoke to Digital River today, October 10, and they informed me that my Passport that I ordered on the 3rd shipped on the 5th and I should be expecting it in 3-5 business days. The guy I spoke with said since my credit card was billed, that means it shipped. He just couldn't give me shipping details (to Ontario Canada). Nothing was said about the 29th.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-10-14 08:34 PM
    I spoke to Digital River today, October 10, and they informed me that my Passport that I ordered on the 3rd shipped on the 5th and I should be expecting it in 3-5 business days. The guy I spoke with said since my credit card was billed, that means it shipped. He just couldn't give me shipping details (to Ontario Canada). Nothing was said about the 29th.
    today is the 10th shouldn't you have it by now if they shipped it on the 5th?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:48 PM
    My credit card was fully charged as well thus past Monday for the VIP, have not received any email yet

Posted via CB10
    Same here... no email (yet). Did get an email this morning that they opened a ticket and get back to me in three days though.
    10-10-14 08:49 PM
    29-10 = 19 days, 19 days / 7 days = 2.7 weeks. Someone else reported that iPhone 6+ current wait time is 3 to 4 weeks... and that's with the well oiled Apple delivery system.
    10-10-14 08:50 PM
    I hope they continue to under-promise and over-deliver. Maybe they start shipping mid October?

It will be a good PR move though.
    Kinda too late for that.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:52 PM
    This is GOOD NEWS. The company realized they needed to set expectations and they did. Someone else said it but I would think they are going to under promise and over deliver. Now the new ******** and complaining begins. That's too long - WAAAAH. My credit card has been charged, WAAAAAH. We are getting this at a discounted price and it is going to take a bit longer. I'm not sweating it (I paid by paypal so I prepaid and not complaining). If the deal was posed as pay "$449 in full now and we will ship your device by 10-29." we'd have all gladly forked over our dough.
    Your last sentence is entirely correct. Sadly... that is exactly NOT what happened!

They have already over promised and under delivered... as they have again, and again, and again.

Posted via CB10
    dski5170 and mona5804 like this.
    10-10-14 08:55 PM
    Yes, I probably should, but this is i believe evidence that they don't really know what's going on. The guy I spoke to was really short with me and he was kind of beating around the bush about what was happening. Probably won't see it until late next week what with Monday being a holiday for most (Thanksgiving).....or on the 29th....lol
    10-10-14 09:13 PM
    Me to...I dont know how to feel..it even said begin shipping on October 29th..does that mean it could be even longer????? Wow!!!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    TODZ10 likes this.
    10-10-14 09:16 PM
    I haven't got email like that yet. I wonder if I'm the lucky one who will get it before 29th or unlucky one who's order will be left behind even from 29th shipping...
    I've ordered VIP with coupon on 3rd by the way.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:21 PM
    FWIW: I was one of the last in ordering on 10-4 at 11:45 a.m. The coupon went dead shortly after that. I got the email today.
    10-10-14 09:35 PM
    How is that a joke? Have you ramped up production for a severe shortage product and done it better?

Posted via CB10
    It's a joke because you don't accept orders that you know you can't fulfill in a reasonable amount of time. 5 weeks for a phone is not a reasonable amount of time.
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-10-14 10:04 PM
    I didnt want to wait that long but i orderd vip they have already charged my card in full (transaction posted monday)....and i have no received anything even after contacting customer support twice. I did not even receive any e-mails about mine would be shipping 29th even after they supposedly escalated my ticket and then put "high priority" on it. I wouldent really care except they already charged my card and cant provide me with any info. If it keeps dragging on I will probably dispute the charge to try and protect myself in the case of non delivery because the whole VIP passport seems to be up in the air if when they are ever shipping. Hopefully somebody cant get more definitive infomation on the VIP orders soon because I have a feeling that date of the 29th may only apply to the regular passports.
    10-10-14 10:14 PM
    I called Digital River today after I got the e-mail. They said that the 29th is the earliest that they will ship. Just bought one off of eBay, canceling my order tomorrow, will be here by Sunday. I'll gladly pay the extra to get rid of DR headache. Good luck guys.
    10-10-14 10:38 PM
    It's a joke because you don't accept orders that you know you can't fulfill in a reasonable amount of time. 5 weeks for a phone is not a reasonable amount of time.
    Meh, about the same wait time for people who ordered the iPhone 6+.

DR clearly accepted too many orders without being in good communication with BB re: how many phones they could supply. I'd say they're both at fault. But in the end it's not a huge deal. It takes time to produce phones, there are many components involved. The 29th is not too bad. I don't mind at all.

Posted via CB10
    mikekmaier likes this.
    10-10-14 10:47 PM
    Did everybody that ordered get this email? If so I didn't....

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:53 PM
    VIP ordered on October 4th
    Discount
    Order submitted 0702
    Order confirmed 0900
    Credit card charged
    No email explanation yet

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for Peevishlicious Crew on the STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-10-14 11:09 PM
    This is pretty much exactly my situation as well.
    VIP ordered on October 4th
    Discount
    Order submitted 0702
    Order confirmed 0900
    Credit card charged
    No email explanation yet

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for Peevishlicious Crew on the STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-10-14 11:16 PM
    For those who have had their credit card charged, it is just a pre-authorization. I had the charge go on mine for about a week and then come off again. Just keep your eye on it and make sure you have enough balance remaining for when the charge actually gets applied (which will hopefully be sooner than later!)
    And the email went to at least all of the North American customers as we got them up here in Canada too.
    Let's stay calm and be patient. No riots until November, at least. Hmm... "Remember, remember..."

Posted via CB10
    Bologna. It's been charged since Oct 3rd. No pre-authorization.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:21 PM
    Bologna. It's been charged since Oct 3rd. No pre-authorization.

Posted via CB10
    You mean baloney? LOL - Yep, same situation here - my card has been charged and shows up on my balance & definitely NOT a pre-auth.
    10-10-14 11:26 PM
    Ouch. Wonder what that means for us Amazon backorders.
    10-10-14 11:40 PM
112 12345