What this means to me is that the device is selling much better than expected and they need to restock the devices.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    10-11-14 10:24 PM
    My friend is still waiting for his iPhone 6 Plus.

The iPhone was released before the Passport so yes, you'll likely have to wait longer.

It's unfortunate that they underestimated the demand on the Shopblackberry store, but this is one of the reasons companies prefer carriers selling them because they have much more resources than a single online portal.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:24 PM
    It's probable that most of the supply for carriers is locked; we're all waiting for the unlocked ones direct from BB. I wouldn't want a diverted locked one just for the sake of getting it a week earlier...
    10-11-14 10:25 PM
    I want BlackBerry to come out with a press release explaining exactly what happened. If demand is absolutely crazy they should tell us that. As a shareholder I want some transparency. If they sold a million, then flaunt that figure. Bc I'm worried that their production capabilities suck and by them time they get all these phones out the hype will be dead.
    I think the fact that they haven't said anything at all, is actually telling of what is really the root cause. As has been mentioned, being BlackBerry they have probably allocated a majority of their inventory to carriers (that's how they keep launching in new countries). Since they don't count something as sold until the PIN lights up (as per the new policy), they aren't seeing a huge influx of pins because carriers are slow at selling, but are holding on to their device allocations.

I'm sure they would love to divert carrier stock to online sales, but it's not feasible given whatever packaging and/or locking process has already been performed.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:53 PM
    Lol. They brought 200000 phones out on launch day. High hopes for this device blackberry? Apple had more returns than BlackBerry supplied. What a joke. John Chen is trying to just create hype by hoarding the phones. Except he is hurting the people who have stayed loyal. Just like the guy above stated, he bought samsung devices in stead of waiting. People will move away. Bad move Chen.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:18 PM
    I just logged into shopblackbery to check status of both of my orders and order history is blank all other info is correct address, billing ect.

so I called DR and ask what the deal is, the lady tells me t call back tomorrow as they are doing system maintenance and cannot check orders, I said all other info shows up, she tells me call back tomorrow, I said my question is simple why does all other info show except the oder status?

"sir please call tomorrow" I said no I want an answer today please, i'm placed on hold and told that yes the system maintenance can affect the order status and either show or not show or delete or not delete orders.

What cracker jack box company is this? At this point I'm going to open a twiter account and start to twiter away as I have saved all emails and phone logs.

They are in breach of contract as,
    1- they charge the credit card right away
    2-delivery date came and went
    3-unable to communicate effectively, except fo the email the other day regarding shipping on the 29th of October. And if you look at that email it has the android and ios symbol next to the blackberry what is this all about? This is unacceptable, I have requested refunds for about two weeks already as I had to move on and oder samsung phones.
    10-12-14 10:28 AM
    I just logged into shopblackbery to check status of both of my orders and order history is blank all other info is correct address, billing ect.

so I called DR and ask what the deal is, the lady tells me t call back tomorrow as they are doing system maintenance and cannot check orders, I said all other info shows up, she tells me call back tomorrow, I said my question is simple why does all other info show except the oder status?

"sir please call tomorrow" I said no I want an answer today please, i'm placed on hold and told that yes the system maintenance can affect the order status and either show or not show or delete or not delete orders.

What cracker jack box company is this? At this point I'm going to open a twiter account and start to twiter away as I have saved all emails and phone logs.

They are in breach of contract as,
    1- they charge the credit card right away
    2-delivery date came and went
    3-unable to communicate effectively, except fo the email the other day regarding shipping on the 29th of October. And if you look at that email it has the android and ios symbol next to the blackberry what is this all about? This is unacceptable, I have requested refunds for about two weeks already as I had to move on and oder samsung phones.
    EDIT: ORDER DETAILS ARE BACK. My original response is in tact only to show the buffoonery of the DR customer service: Same here. I am on back order in Boxed Order status and today the order doesn't show. The customer mis-representative I spoke with said the system was down and they could not check orders. They said to call back in 4 hours. I offered that perhaps that is why I cannot view my order and the mis-rep stuck to the script and said that she could not view the order - call back in 4 hours. She seemed quite annoyed with me actually.
    Last edited by Michael Ames1; 10-12-14 at 10:56 AM.
    10-12-14 10:44 AM
    ** EDIT,

I was responding to another post above, but for some reason, I got to just post a reply to thread, here is the quote:

Who knows.... but one thing is for certain. The demand for the Passport has far far FAR exceeded their original sales expectations.

That may be the impressions we get and hope this is really the case. However, this could also mean they are having issues with their supply chain as a whole! I understand that they don't want the same fiasco as the Z10, but I am sure that if they had at least 500,000 units for the online store at launch, this would not have happened.

Whatever the reason, I am sure they will honor the BB-DR Discountgate we saw on Oct 3rd, 2014. BB can not afford any negative press on this. All signs show that BB is really on the road to recovery, especially on BB10 OS and the new upcoming devices & Enterprise Solutions.

And yes, I am on of those you manage to scoop up an order at the discounted price on Oct 3rd and receive the same notice above.

Looking forward to Oct 29th with a lot of disappointment from BB.

I have been a faithful & loyal supporter for the last 12 years, even with the UPS & DOWNS of the Canadian leader in the smartphone industry, but this situation tells me that BB has not really listened to online customer negative feedback of the use of Digital River for the distribution of their online store.

My experience with DR customer service on the phone was so bad, that I got even more frustrated because of the poor communication skills. I could not understand what they were saying. I finally found out that they were in the Philippines, this is why they had sucha heavy accent. Even going to the supervisor level, it was even more frustrating. I have been in the logistics & supply chain management for over 15 years and this must be, IMO, the worst experience for any Phone/Online service I have ever experienced!

C'mon Blackberry & Mr. Chen, someone needs to be accountable for this somewhere! Can anyone from BB address this and make some kind of statement or something? It may be better for them not to say anything has this would bring some negative aspect, again, against BB!

Anyway, still waiting patiently & FRUSTRATED BB loyal user & supporter!

Cheers!
    Last edited by pepe68; 10-12-14 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Responding to an ealier oist oin this thred.
    10-12-14 01:20 PM
    ** EDIT,

I was responding to another post above, but for some reason, I got to just post a Reply, here is the quote:

That may be the impressions we get and hope this is really the case. However, this could also mean they are having issues with their supply chain as a whole! I understand that they don't want the same fiasco as the Z10, but I am sure that if they had at least 500,000 units for the online store at launch, this would not have happened.

Whatever the reason, I am sure they will honor the BB-DR Discountgate we saw on Oct 3rd, 2014. BB can not afford any negative press on this. All signs show that BB is really on the road to recovery, especially on BB10 OS and the new upcoming devices & Enterprise Solutions.

And yes, I am on of those you manage to scoop up an order at the discounted price on Oct 3rd and receive the same notice above.

Looking forward to Oct 29th with a lot of disappointment from BB.

I have been a faithful & loyal supporter for the last 12 years, even with the UPS & DOWNS of the Canadian leader in the smartphone industry, but this situation tells me that BB has not really listened to online customer negative feedback of the use of Digital River for the distribution of their online store.

My experience with DR customer service on the phone was so bad, that I got even more frustrated because of the poor communication skills. I could not understand what they were saying. I finally found out that they were in the Philippines, this is why they had sucha heavy accent. Even going to the supervisor level, it was even more frustrating. I have been in the logistics & supply chain management for over 15 years and this must be, IMO, the worst experience for any Phone/Online service I have ever experienced!

C'mon Blackberry & Mr. Chen, someone needs to be accountable for this somewhere! Can anyone from BB address this and make some kind of statement or something? It may be better for them not to say anything has this would bring some negative aspect, again, against BB!

Anyway, still waiting patiently & FRUSTRATED BB loyal user & supporter!

Cheers!
    Just to add, don't under estimate the order volume during the price error window. That could have thrown them into a tizzy.
    10-12-14 01:44 PM
    The bad news, we all have to wait a bit. The good news, BlackBerry sold out of their first wave of Passports. How many devices Half a million, million? I am so happy with my Z30 purchase and will sit back and continue enjoying it until my Passport arrives. The Passport is something else and people are talking. I did not mentioned to anyone that I would be purchasing the Passport but I have been receiving calls from those curious about the device. I send everyone the link of the Passport design story, which is an awesome video. I have a friend that never considered a Blackberry considering the Passport. Surprisingly informing everyone that it will take time to get use to the OS and device is making them more eager to try it. The Passport is making Blackberry cool. I can't wait to flip out that leather case to display and reveal my Passport. More than that, I can't wait to work wide.
    Last edited by Taede; 10-13-14 at 12:34 PM.
    anon(2026370) and coyotejim like this.
    10-12-14 01:58 PM
    Just to add, don't under estimate the order volume during the price error window. That could have thrown them into a tizzy.
    I agree, but nevertheless, their online store should not have no inventory on launch.

We could also read they sold more than 500,000 units, if they actually had that in stock to begin with. Just saying. But I do agree with you!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:43 PM
    The bad news, we all have to wait a bit. The good news, BlackBerry sold out of their first wave of Passports. How many devices Half a million, million? I am so happy with my Z30 purchase and will sit back and continue enjoy it until my Passport arrives. The Passport is something else and people are talking. I did not mentioned to anyone that I would be purchasing the Passport but I have been receiving calls from those curious about the device. I send everyone the link of the Passport design story, which is an awesome video. I have a friend that never considered a Blackberry considering the Passport. Surprisingly informing everyone that it will take time to get use to the OS and device is making them more eager to try it. The Passport is making Blackberry cool. I can't wait to flip out that leather case to display and reveal my Passport. more than that, I can't wait to work wide.
    I agree! I too have received a lot of questions on this from friends and family as they know I'm very loyal to BlackBerry. And it's interesting to see the interest and some excitement for BlackBerry Passport.

Cheer!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:44 PM
112 ... 345