Ouch. Wonder what that means for us Amazon backorders.
    December? January?
    10-10-14 11:46 PM
    Oh my god, I can understand why people are a little bit disappointed but if I compare to the situation in France for a azerty keyboard, we are on the same page... or maybe not :
    1) we never have a restock on the online shop since the launch date
    2) we don't got any coupon
    3) and the PP is still on pr� order, expect for the end of October.....

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:59 PM
    After John Chen step in, we got a something addressed. I wonder what everyone else at BlackBerry was thinking.
    10-11-14 12:00 AM
    I think this time they made just a few Passports so as not to repeat history of z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:11 AM
    Enough with the broken record z10 overstock comments. We get it blackberry over estimated demand for Z reboot. What's more troubling is that the CEO didn't have any faith in their own product i.e passport and didn't order enough for the potential buyers...
    10-11-14 04:56 AM
    Well,one thing I'm sure of...Security on transport of these Passports out of the factory is sure to be beefed up!!!! Let's hope they don't get hijacked by Banditos in Mexico,hahaha, REALLY
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-11-14 05:54 AM
    Perhaps that bodes well as to when Passport will be available at ATT stores. I can wish.
    10-11-14 06:23 AM
    Still wondering if they are going to make Xamount and THEN start shipping? Should pump them out to fulfill. I know won't and doesn't work that way. But nothing will be done to comfort the buyer and the shotty handling of this all.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:44 AM
    I think this time they made just a few Passports so as not to repeat history of z10.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much this.
    Better for the company too. As confident as Chen might have been regarding the Passport, all his good-doing would have been shot to hell if there was another huge write down.
    10-11-14 07:37 AM
    maybe i missed something before but did bberry do a preorder thing with the passport or just simply sold on launch date ? they should have taken preorders a month before launch to see more or less where they would stand and not have this inconvenience now.
    10-11-14 11:01 AM
    Wow it must mean Passport is a smash hit they never expected. Consumers are buying it as well.

Posted via CB10
    Or they just produced like 100 units for the worldwide market.....
    10-11-14 11:14 AM
    Well,one thing I'm sure of...Security on transport of these Passports out of the factory is sure to be beefed up!!!! Let's hope they don't get hijacked by Banditos in Mexico,hahaha, REALLY
    A few years back when the PlayBooks went on sale at about this same time of year, there were similar backlogs of orders. Then, a whole tractor trailer load of PlayBooks got stolen in the USA on the way to the fulfillment center.
    scootnyinzer likes this.
    10-11-14 11:22 AM
    maybe i missed something before but did bberry do a preorder thing with the passport or just simply sold on launch date ? they should have taken preorders a month before launch to see more or less where they would stand and not have this inconvenience now.
    No pre-order, just made available on the day it was announced.

A lot of this has to do with commitments they have made to supply certain carriers with ready stock. It's a shame they can't reallocate some stock from somewhere else to fill these online orders.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:57 AM
    Kind of an update:

I made 2 orders: 1 VIP and 2 Non-VIP who got "cancelled due to lack of payment", but here's the funny thing, I used 2 different e-mails for the orders and the one on my Non-VIP got the 29th delivery e-mail as you did (after the cancelation notice I may add). On my other e-mail account for my VIP order got nothing until this morning, which I got this:

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We show that your order is complete, although it does not include any
    shipping information.

We have forwarded the issue to our Escalations Department. As soon as
    they have come up with information, a response will be sent to via email
    with 2-3 business days. Please check your mailboxes and filters for any
    updates or notifications.

Please take note of your ticket number : XXXX

We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
    Karl S.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: XXXXXX

Original Message Follows:
    10-11-14 12:40 PM
    At least you got an email specifically on the VIP edition!
    10-11-14 12:45 PM
    Yes, because I contacted them via their costumer service form
    10-11-14 12:51 PM
    > I replied to refund my account for both phones. I had to move on and get samsung devices [20 in total].

you needed to get 20 samsungs to replace 2 passports. ???

Sheesh, i didn't realize the passport was that productive!
    10-11-14 01:05 PM
    more troubling is that the CEO didn't have any faith in their own product i.e passport and didn't order enough
    you can't say that he didn't have ANY faith in it, he didn't cancel it.
    10-11-14 01:20 PM
    I ordered one last Friday...I got an order confirmation, then a back order email. Besides that I haven't got an email from BlackBerry saying it'll start shipping Oct 29th. Nothing so far!
    10-11-14 03:16 PM
    I want BlackBerry to come out with a press release explaining exactly what happened. If demand is absolutely crazy they should tell us that. As a shareholder I want some transparency. If they sold a million, then flaunt that figure. Bc I'm worried that their production capabilities suck and by them time they get all these phones out the hype will be dead.
    10-11-14 04:35 PM
    I want BlackBerry to come out with a press release explaining exactly what happened. If demand is absolutely crazy they should tell us that. As a shareholder I want some transparency. If they sold a million, then flaunt that figure. Bc I'm worried that their production capabilities suck and by them time they get all these phones out the hype will be dead.
    Knowing #s will be nice.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-11-14 04:39 PM
    I agree, by the time these things are mailed out, the hype will be gone and the device will be old already not the latest and greatest gadget. All the other phone manufacturers are due to release their high end devices soon or around the same time as BB says they will start delivery. All major carriers will carry the other devices and give them for a lot less than BB. The only service provider that has said they will carry the passport is ATT, when will this take place? who knows? But one things is for sure the other devices will make it to all the carriers hammering the final nail in the coffin that holds BB.

Mr. Chen is loosing credibility with each undelivered passport and with each delivered email as to the delay, ect. He is the face of BB now and has to step up and address the issue hands on not via executives, he is the top executive at BB.

Now with the passport going on sale in all the places mentioned this week, what are the customers in the USA left with? Are those other customers going to get the same treatment, over promise, way under deliver? are they getting their phones in a timely fashion?

Perhaps the T-Mobile ceo was right after all.
    10-11-14 04:53 PM
    "Personally thank you" and signed by a corporate firm rather than a person, but it is personal? Jajaja. You must be kidding.

Posted via CB10
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-11-14 06:17 PM
    Dam didn't get that email yet. I ordered early sat the 4th like 1am est
    Same here... no email (yet). Did get an email this morning that they opened a ticket and get back to me in three days though.
    I haven't got email like that yet. I wonder if I'm the lucky one who will get it before 29th or unlucky one who's order will be left behind even from 29th shipping...
    I've ordered VIP with coupon on 3rd by the way.

Posted via CB10
    Did everybody that ordered get this email? If so I didn't....

Posted via CB10
    Ordered on the 3rd got the order confirmation the day after....still waiting and still have yet to see any email. Even this magical one that came outta nowhere about the 29th.
    Last edited by deezy87; 10-11-14 at 07:43 PM.
    10-11-14 07:32 PM
    Like many here, my CC was also charged, but I haven't had the email from BlackBerry yet. Not particularly happy with that situation, especially since I'll now have to pay my CC bill before I actually get the phone. Doesn't seem reasonable to process the charge while they know there's no stock, and before there's any firm date.
    10-11-14 10:20 PM
112 ... 2345