I hope they continue to under-promise and over-deliver. Maybe they start shipping mid October?

It will be a good PR move though.
    Michael Ames1 and JGoodard like this.
    10-10-14 04:56 PM
    I don't understand this as every Telus location that I have been too has several in stock. Maybe it's for contract signers only

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-10-14 04:57 PM
    While angry about the date, it says one of two things IMO. They are buying time to produce more. And will wait till they produce enough to cover backorder and more. Or they are just giving a HIGH estimated date so as they don't go past it and hear more ish.

They can't afford to put a date out and not reach it. Would be shameful.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:59 PM
    Any VIP's get emails?
    10-10-14 05:03 PM
    This is for US orders correct?

Posted via CB10
    And Canada.
    10-10-14 05:04 PM
    I don't understand this as every Telus location that I have been too has several in stock. Maybe it's for contract signers only

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    Telus ordered them in advance, unlike some of the other carriers. I am not a Telus customer, but they have my respect. On launch day I stopped by a local Telus store on the way by and they had a working demo on display. I was in a mall the next day and the Telus store there also had a working demo.
    allsportsfan and dejanh like this.
    10-10-14 05:08 PM
    For those who have had their credit card charged, it is just a pre-authorization. I had the charge go on mine for about a week and then come off again. Just keep your eye on it and make sure you have enough balance remaining for when the charge actually gets applied (which will hopefully be sooner than later!)
    And the email went to at least all of the North American customers as we got them up here in Canada too.
    Let's stay calm and be patient. No riots until November, at least. Hmm... "Remember, remember..."

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:09 PM
    why are they showing a picture of a white passport if its not available
    10-10-14 05:09 PM
    i received the same email and I replied to refund my account for both phones. I had to move on and get samsung devices [20 in total]. We [the customer] where lead to belief that on 10/06/2014 shipments would begin and now 10/29 there are plenty of phone manufacturers out there and I for one is not enamored of any, I only need to perform my job.

As for Blackberry two weeks after the purchase they finally send this out? It is very poor customer relationship and service.
    10-10-14 05:10 PM
    Got it in Canada.

I think it's fine, they finally did what I thought they should have done long ago -- named a date, pitched it far enough in the future that they can beat it, and stopped people from agonizing till then.

Again, when Apple sells a certain amount, they then push the shipping date way out, and then beat it.

Manage people's expectations and you'll do all right.

They should've done it last week, but better late than never.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    10-10-14 05:17 PM
    Got the October 29th email. Good deal. Maybe I'll get the ONE MILLIONTH PASSPORT.
    E-mail direct from BlackBerry regarding Back Orders status-dr-evil-1-million-dollars.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:23 PM
    A friend of mine order his on Oct 6 and did not receive a response to when his Passport would be shipped. He emailed DR yesterday and this was the email response he just received an hour ago.

"Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We understand that you were not provided with the shipping status of
    your order.

We would like to confirm for you that Blackberry will start shipping
    BlackBerry Passport orders by October 29, 2014. You will be receiving a
    shipping notification email once the product ships out. If you cannot
    locate the email soon in your inbox, please check your spam and junk
    mail folders.

We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
    XXX
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]"

So its essentially 23 day wait, although they charged his credit card and more importantly there is no guarantee that it will ship on October 29.
    10-10-14 05:26 PM
    Ordered the VIP on Oct 3rd via DR discount code.

Received the same email today. (Based in Canada)
    10-10-14 05:27 PM
    For those who have had their credit card charged, it is just a pre-authorization.

Posted via CB10
    Having your credit card charged is not a pre-authorization. My credit card was charged and as such my statement shows charge.
    10-10-14 05:28 PM
    I paid with paypal, no preauth here...
    10-10-14 05:31 PM
    Having your credit card charged is not a pre-authorization. My credit card was charged and as such my statement shows charge.
    Same here, and the statement period closes today meaning that I will have to actually pay for my imaginary second Passport, before it becomes reality. That's very much against the American way.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:32 PM
    Any VIP's get emails?

Yes my friend did... same eta of Oct. 29.
    10-10-14 05:38 PM
    Glad to hear BlackBerry is communicating with some of you. I count myself lucky to have my Passport. I was back ordered but got one from last week's shipment to shopblackberry.

Two things. First, the word of "by" is one of those big little words in English. For you all I hope it means earlier shipping than the date mentioned. Second, wow they must have seriously underestimated demand. Great to see.

Best of luck to all of you waiting. Patience is definitely a virtue. And good things do indeed come to those who wait.

Posted via CB10
    Good of you to catch,that TINY word ... by....,This is what I am excited about because we could get it by the 29th and probably much sooner!!!!
    10-10-14 05:39 PM
    That's very much against the American way.

Posted via CB10
    Not only that but it goes against DR own company policy of not charging until an item is ready to be shipped.
    10-10-14 05:39 PM
    Not only that but it goes against DR own company policy of not charging until an item is ready to be shipped.
    I think most online buyers now assume that's the policy at most reputable sites.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:50 PM
    My credit card was fully charged as well thus past Monday for the VIP, have not received any email yet

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:55 PM
    Nope...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...90/index5.html

Any VIP's get emails?
    10-10-14 06:15 PM
    I ordered VIP on Oct 4th and I did not receive an email (yet).
    10-10-14 06:33 PM
    I got it as well. That is stinking 19 days away = 2 weeks and 5 days = 456 hours = 1641600 seconds.

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!
    Less now.....

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-10-14 06:38 PM
    Received the same email, all good really excited to get it! AT&T just lost money to BlackBerry directly, pretty happy about that also.
    10-10-14 06:40 PM
112 1234 ...