Howdy, all!

Well, I'm taking the plunge forward. I've been on the Q10 for nearly a year and hadn't planned to upgrade, but my sister is going back to the iPhone and selling me her Passport.

I had planned to wait until the price went down dramatically, but since I am in the process of writing a novel and don't always have time to jump on my computer, I thought this phone would make the editing process a lot simpler than the tiny screen of the Q10. It was an otherwise faithful phone, but it's time for me to move on.

Sooo, are there any tips you guys can give me as far as making editing documents a lot simpler? I know a few tricks such as swiping back on the kb to delete words and scrolling down the page and such. But are there any tricks that aren't well known? Also, is it possible to tie pkb keys to symbols, or is the vkb extension the only way to input symbols?

Any additional tips would be great. Thanks in advance!

 Once you go BlackBerry you never go back...Berry 
    04-01-15 11:48 AM
    Congrats on getting your Passport!

Once you get used to typing on the keyboard you will enjoy it. Doesn't take long at all.

A great convenience when typing is if you swipe down on the keyboard, it will bring up the character keyboard which you can then press the corresponding key on the physical keyboard for quick entry. Takes some getting used to, but then it becomes muscle memory. I find it more convenient then the traditional keyboard, but like I said, takes some getting used to.

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    04-01-15 11:54 AM
    Thanks! That helps a lot

04-01-15 12:10 PM
    Once you use it for about a month youll be typing really fast. One thing I did to practice was downloading the Extreme Typist 10 app from BB App World and compete with myself to beat me in how many words per minute I could write.

Youre going to appreciate the screen real state for you writing.
    zombiecupcake and BBRYQ10 like this.
    04-01-15 02:19 PM
    Once you use it for about a month youll be typing really fast. One thing I did to practice was downloading the Extreme Typist 10 app from BB App World and compete with myself to beat me in how many words per minute I could write.

Youre going to appreciate the screen real state for you writing.
    Oh hey, good idea! I have the extreme typist on my Q but never used it much. Will definitely do that

04-01-15 03:00 PM
    I am on day 2 with my passport. I had the Q as well. Loved it. My first impression with the PP was oh oh this thing is big. What have I done. Takes a bit of getting used to. It's still too early for me to say love it or hate it but I think in a few weeks it will be awesome. I can see the potential. Just need to get used to it.
    04-01-15 04:12 PM
    From a Q10 owner to a new passport owner (myself), I miss my Q10, when it used to fit in one hand and typing would go a bit faster especially when you send out those long emails and I've had my passport now for over a month.
    What you won't miss is the battery and the screen real-estate...oh my god, my wife's Z10 is now dwarfed.
    Bottom line, you'll love the passport.
    04-01-15 04:35 PM
    Just use it!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:37 PM
    I think Passport fits better for your novel writing because you will be using it two handed any way, and the keys are bigger than Q10. The frequently used punctuation keys are already there on the 4th virtual row so significantly reduces the chance that you have to go into the symbol page looking for them.

Let us know how you like it.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-01-15 06:39 PM
    I read and edit documents often on my phone. The Passport is worlds better than my old Q10 at doing this, mostly due to the larger screen and the touch-sensitive keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 10:29 PM
    Thank you all for your input! I've been using the phone for a few consecutive hours now (mainly setting it all up just how I like it) and I have to say that while typing without the alt and symbols on the keyboard is somewhat challenging to get used to, I am positively LOVING the screen size, and being able to do gestures with the keyboard. In fact, it kind of tricks my hands into thinking in working with a full touch screen and I sometimes forget to use pressure on the keys to type

As far as the user experience this is leagues beyond the Q10! This sucker downloaded almost all 100+ apps simultaneously without breaking a sweat. Passport is a beast! Looking forward to working hard on my novel with this amazing tool

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    04-01-15 11:48 PM