Hi all you fabulous people

Wonder if you can help!

I am trying to transfer some music from a CD onto my passport. My Link won't let me drag and drop and when I do this in Blend the music doesn't show up on my phone.

I tried doing it from Explorer too, but I could only find the Computer file locations not the part that shows what is on the phone, so I can drop them straight onto the phone from there.

What am I doing wrong. I have heaps of transferred music already on my phone, so I must have got it right at some time, but it's a long time since I've done it.

Thanks
    06-20-21 12:27 PM
    Hi all you fabulous people

Wonder if you can help!

I am trying to transfer some music from a CD onto my passport. My Link won't let me drag and drop and when I do this in Blend the music doesn't show up on my phone.

I tried doing it from Explorer too, but I could only find the Computer file locations not the part that shows what is on the phone, so I can drop them straight onto the phone from there.

What am I doing wrong. I have heaps of transferred music already on my phone, so I must have got it right at some time, but it's a long time since I've done it.

Thanks
    First off, I assume your are ripping tracks off the CDs and converting to mp3? If not, do that.

If you are using Windows 10, you have to temporarily enable SMB v1 before being able to get drive access with Explorer.
    06-20-21 01:09 PM
    Insert an SD card. You can access only the card trough wired connection. Also enable the USB file sharing.
    06-21-21 09:57 AM
    Settings->Storage->USB access
    06-21-21 09:59 AM

Thanks
    Once upon a time, Link allowed you to transfer music from whatever PC-based music app you had like iTunes. But that was when Windows XP and 7 were around.

Insert an SD card. You can access only the card trough wired connection. Also enable the USB file sharing.
    Settings->Storage->USB access
    Well, it's called "Mass Storage Mode", but yes, this is the easiest way around the SMB v1 issue in Win 10 without having to enable it. You won't have access to the internal memory while connected, but you can move files from internal to the SD using the phone's File Manager prior to connecting to a PC, and then move whatever you want from the SD back to internal afterward.

Or, just leave all music on the SD card (and don't turn encryption on). Then, you aren't using up internal memory at all.

This all assumes you are keeping your music in internal memory and not already using an SD card.
    06-22-21 09:57 AM
    Thanks guys!
    06-24-21 06:04 AM