Using the physical keyboard to swipe between screens / delete text.

Charging, typing, and everything seems to be fine though. It seems the rice thing is a myth so I used a hair dryer and can of air duster and it seems to have worked.

The phone did restart immediately when I, er, retrieved it from the toilet bowl...

Any advice on why this feature isn't working and anything else to do?

I've also heard that water damaged phones can stop working a few weeks later. I am thinking about getting a Passport Silver edition while I wait for a "Successor" to the Passport someday, obviously on Android.

Thanks!
    03-22-16 08:30 PM
    Well Sheet happens. How long did you leave it in the bag of rice?
    03-22-16 08:36 PM
    I didn't - just because I have read online the bag of rice thing is not nearly as effective as people say, especially if you don't do it for at least 48 hours... and in 48 hours I can have a Passport shipped to me overnight... so I didn't bother with it.

But I don't get the whole swiping the keyboard not working - any idea?
    03-22-16 08:38 PM
    I didn't - just because I have read online the bag of rice thing is not nearly as effective as people say, especially if you don't do it for at least 48 hours... and in 48 hours I can have a Passport shipped to me overnight... so I didn't bother with it.

So you made no attempt in trying it just because.....I have saved two cellphone using this trick. But hey who I'm i to say.....
    03-22-16 08:43 PM
    I hear ya, It's not worth 48 hours without the phone though to me. I can get a new AT&T Passport for $279 on eBay right now. I am going to just for having a back up - too hard to get these devices locally now.
    03-22-16 08:46 PM
    Well than, The reason its not working is because you took it into the john and dropped it in the toilet. Had you not done that i'm sure the Passport would still be working.
    03-22-16 08:54 PM
    Well than, The reason its not working is because you took it into the john and dropped it in the toilet. Had you not done that i'm sure the Passport would still be working.
    I'm referring to the technical reason one feature doesn't work.
    03-22-16 08:54 PM
    I'm referring to the technical reason one feature doesn't work.
    Phone got wet....Its an electronic device, who now why its even working at all after a bath...Oh and its just a matter of time when it will not work at all.
    03-22-16 09:03 PM
    So you made no attempt in trying it just because.....I have saved two cellphone using this trick. But hey who I'm i to say.....
    I'm guessing he made no attempt because... ummm... the toilet was "loaded."

*A3-A20
    03-22-16 09:31 PM
    I'm guessing he made no attempt because... ummm... the toilet was "loaded."

*A3-A20
    LOL - no... honestly, I figured it would be toast.
    The rice thing is widely disputed from what I read.

Hopefully this device lasts me until my new AT&T Passport arrives by Friday with 2-day shipping from tomorrow!
    03-22-16 09:33 PM
    The rice thing works very well, NOT a myth

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 09:50 PM
    I guess, a lot of people disagree and say cat litter and a hair dryer does more.

Problem is BlackBerry Swype isn't working at all so I just need the new device I ordered. Wonder why Swype doesn't work and everything else does. Odd.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:12 AM
    If you are capable of this, take it apart and use air dust cleaner to clean the main board thoroughly. I save one from a similar condition and it works fine now even though it has been six months. What I am really afraid of is now it is too late. Usually done within a day.

Posted via my beloved Passport solid black edition
    03-23-16 12:24 AM
    I had a bag of damp rice once, put it in a draw full of mobile phones, it was dry the next day..
    RA-HA likes this.
    03-25-16 08:30 AM
    I had a bag of damp rice once, put it in a draw full of mobile phones, it was dry the next day..
    The rice or the phones?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 09:22 AM
    Rice is not a myth. First wash with distilled water, then put in rice.

One problem is battery is no longer removable.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    03-25-16 11:27 AM