01-22-15 03:36 PM
46 12
tools
    Only Amex and that would be a longshot

Posted via RED Passport on CB 10
    Not really.

I know of many cards that offer this feature and they clearly state that ANYTHING is covered including accidental damage. Basically your satisfaction is guaranteed for 90 days.

That is the reason why I'm pointing it out. Many people already have this feature with their cards and don't even know about it!
    Biowulf likes this.
    01-19-15 12:04 PM
    Guess common sense isn't so common, however one would think to never wear 1000$ shoes on a subway, perhaps in perfect hindsight you'd wear sneakers and put the good ones on later? I'm left wondering why image is that important on the subway? Look around at what the other 90% are wearing.

Lessons learned...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    True story btw!!

I actually wrote this in jest! As my point was sh**t* happens and you will drop your naked Passport. Stuff happens in day to day life so if you are not using a protective device/appliance then really you are the one to blame!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:19 PM
    I need Pictures to see, so that I believe you! :P

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.1154
    01-19-15 01:23 PM
    That's gonna leave a mark.
    01-19-15 04:02 PM
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I would have freaked out!

Try this link. The white border screen is out of stock but maybe keep an eye on this site.

http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...-passport.html

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 05:30 PM
    Funny story. Today I out for lunch with people from work I haven't seen in a while. They noticed my Passport and wanted to hold it. Sure enough I take off the OEM case and hand it over.

The guy dropped it within 5 seconds of holding it onto the table. Luckily, there isn't a mark at all or a screen crack but it actually took off some of the lacquer from the table!

Let's just say he got scared and handed me back my baby!!

Posted via CB10
    blackbird666 likes this.
    01-19-15 06:15 PM
    True story btw!!

I actually wrote this in jest! As my point was sh**t* happens and you will drop your naked Passport. Stuff happens in day to day life so if you are not using a protective device/appliance then really you are the one to blame!

Posted via CB10
    Ok but it was in the official hard case holster, and only fell 2 and a half feet (it slid off my desk), to top it off, the top of my shoe actually broke the fall. Annoying thing is that it probably hit the single sweet spot that would have caused a crack (top right corner of the screen).
    After checking it I noticed that the case actually doesn't fit snuggly and that top corner of the case is kind of loose (doesn't wrap around the bezel tight). What's more annoying is it was just a few hours after it took it out of the tan leather flip case, which would have probably prevented this.
    I'm not complaining about the phone, just annoyed, especially since a white screen is proving so hard to finder's.
    I did manage to track down a single repair place in downtown Toronto who says they would try to order it if I went to see them and it would take 7-10 days to arrive. Cost is $220.
    First ever cracked cell phone screen for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:37 PM
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I would have freaked out!

Try this link. The white border screen is out of stock but maybe keep an eye on this site.

http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...-passport.html

Posted via CB10
    Yes thanks, I saw that site during my online search and put my email address in for notification.
    It's the only place I found that even mentions the white screen option.

Posted via CB10
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    01-19-15 10:38 PM
    Duly noted, Gorilla glass aren't as durable as they say they are.
    01-19-15 11:46 PM
    I feel sorry for the op but I just don't understand why people spend 500+ dollars on a fragile object and then protect the part that is of no importance. In this instance, the back of the phone. I understand that people want the smallest form factor but how cool does it look when it's smashed. Moral is.....get a full case.

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz likes this.
    01-20-15 07:10 AM
    Same thing happened to me - except it was 3 weeks after getting my passport.

If you paid for it by Credit Card - you might actually have 'damage' coverage for purchases.
    I bought mine from Blackberry direct and forgot about the coverage until a week after it broke.
    When I checked, it did have complimentary damage coverage for incidents that happen within 90 days of purchase.
    Filled out the forms and they actually paid to the full replacement cost for the passport. Cost me $ 299 to repair.

Place I sent mine was Blackberry Repair in Toronto - RepairStore
    Took a bit to get the replacement screen but all is good.
    Apparently they have walk in service - and if the part in stock, even offer 1 hour repair. Not sure if it applies to Passport.

Roughly how long did it take RepairStore to fix your phone after the replacement screen was found? My screen cracked and BlackBerry is quoting me $599 to replace the LCD.
    01-20-15 07:47 AM
    It took them a couple of weeks to find the right supplier for the right screen (apparently different regions have different screens). But once they found it, it took 2 hours of work and 3 days of shipping it back to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:42 AM
    Mine with a main board problem is still available to either be a donor or be donated to lol. If anyone with a broken screen is interested in either buying or selling let me know please. You can pm me.

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    01-20-15 08:48 AM
    Same happened to me :

Dropped my passport-passport.jpg

Luckily i could pick it up without a scratch..... Dropped my passport-clown.gif
    01-20-15 12:38 PM
    haha :-) lucky you!
    01-20-15 12:54 PM
    Guess common sense isn't so common, however one would think to never wear 1000$ shoes on a subway, perhaps in perfect hindsight you'd wear sneakers and put the good ones on later? I'm left wondering why image is that important on the subway? Look around at what the other 90% are wearing.

Lessons learned...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    The subway is a way of life in places like NYC, unless you are ultra-rich and take a helicopter to work.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-20-15 02:53 PM
    The subway is a way of life in places like NYC, unless you are ultra-rich and take a helicopter to work.

Yes but it would appear there the local way of life there would also dictate that the other 90% riding the subway don't GAF what others think of them or who's wearing what shoes. Let alone worry not to step on someone's 900-1000$ shoes.

Having rode on most mass public transit systems, anyone with ordinary and prudent judgment would figure there is always potential for personal damage and injury and to dress accordingly. Cheap Chuck Taylor converse shoes could go on even while riding and wearing suit, then come off when dis-embarking the transit. Likewise fancy shoes go back on. The way of life in NYC for some apparently doesn't include forethought, hence common sense not being so common. Some people learn from their mistakes, others anticipate and prepare accordingly, thus to my next point going back to the phone topic.

Expensive phones and shoes need to be cared for and protected and if you're buying anything to make a statement, or investment or any out of necessity - then it's wise to protect it or plan for it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    01-20-15 07:12 PM
    Yes but it would appear there the local way of life there would also dictate that the other 90% riding the subway don't GAF what others think of them or who's wearing what shoes. Let alone worry not to step on someone's 900-1000$ shoes.

Having rode on most mass public transit systems, anyone with ordinary and prudent judgment would figure there is always potential for personal damage and injury and to dress accordingly. Cheap Chuck Taylor converse shoes could go on even while riding and wearing suit, then come off when dis-embarking the transit. Likewise fancy shoes go back on. The way of life in NYC for some apparently doesn't include forethought, hence common sense not being so common. Some people learn from their mistakes, others anticipate and prepare accordingly, thus to my next point going back to the phone topic.

Expensive phones and shoes need to be cared for and protected and if you're buying anything to make a statement, or investment or any out of necessity - then it's wise to protect it or plan for it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    I'll keep that in mind if I ever work in NYC. During the summer I did keep the nice shoes under my desk and wore a cheapie, but presentable pair to work. But it's worse in the winter, because boots are the only reasonable form of footwear outside.

01-20-15 09:10 PM
    Yes boots certainly are a necessity in winter!

Did the OP have any luck finding a white screen ?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    01-20-15 10:10 PM
    Guys I don't GAF about how nice a pair of shoes you bought were or your subway attire theories... my phone screen cracked. Lol.

To answer Greencopperz:
    I haven't had time (due to work) to visit the one single store that said they might be able to order it for me.
    I will let everyone here know when I have.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 10:09 PM
    Guys I don't GAF about how nice a pair of shoes you bought were or your subway attire theories... my phone screen cracked. Lol.

To answer Greencopperz:
    I haven't had time (due to work) to visit the one single store that said they might be able to order it for me.
    I will let everyone here know when I have.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck, and maybe let everyone know if it was a good or bad experience, if you don't mind to share, when or if you do get the repairs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    01-22-15 03:36 PM
46 12