My passport slipped and fell face down on my bathroom floor... no visual physical damage, but I have this feeling that the upper right corner can be slightly pushed in, and while laying on its face, the right back feels a little more loose... am I paranoid, or is there serious damage? I order a case...
    I just want to know if these things are "normal"on most passports?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 04:12 PM
    You drop any device that size and it is likely to suffer some damage, especially if it drops on a corner. The fact that you can't see any damage is a great thing. Take your Passport in a dark room and see if you see any light leaking from the corner, specifically the one you dropped it on. If you don't see anything you are in good shape.

I've dropped my Passport several times without a case and have been lucky so far. It is big and heavy but also built like a tank. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 04:19 PM
    You drop any device that size and it is likely to suffer some damage, especially if it drops on a corner. The fact that you can't see any damage is a great thing. Take your Passport in a dark room and see if you see any light leaking from the corner, specifically the one you dropped it on. If you don't see anything you are in good shape.

I've dropped my Passport several times without a case and have been lucky so far. It is big and heavy but also built like a tank. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip. No leakage! But I still have a feeling I got a screen lift in the upper right hand corner... this worries me...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 04:28 PM
    Was the lift definitely not there before you dropped it?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 04:29 PM
    Was the lift definitely not there before you dropped it?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    You know what, now that you mention it, the fall wasn't strong enough to bend the metal around the Passport... I think it was there before. I was reading posts about "twisting" to fix the screen lift, and I think it worked... maybe it is a factory defect

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 04:36 PM
    any pictures to show damage?
    07-11-15 04:52 PM
    any pictures to show damage?
    The thing is that the lift is so small that I can't be noticed in a picture... but my worry is that it will grow in time...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 05:06 PM
    Droped mine entering garage. Had the bodygove att case on. It fell from hand to flat smack on to the screen. Case did it's job no trouble five days later. It's maybe been 10 years since I dropped a phone flat on its face on a concrete floor.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    07-11-15 05:24 PM
    Due to the unwieldy size you really want to make sure the device is protected. I use a gel case and a side effect holster whenever I need a hands free solution.

I also use a Pebble smart watch which notifies me and so there is no need to look at the phone.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-12-15 08:32 AM