I just realized a function I frequently use is missing on PP, double finger backspace to delete two words. So this means PP keyboard cannot handle double or multi touch.

I wish we could punch and zoom with two fingers on keyboard.

One day, I hope with a sw update, we can go from mail/hub to home menu and actually pick apps or choose running apps by using the touch sensitive keyboard, I mean the function is there. They just need to implement it.

A selector in screen that highlights items (like I mentioned above, but for other sections) like emails in hub, folders in folder list, files in file browser, pictures, etc, you get the idea.

When PP was introduced, it was supposed to eliminate unnecessary screen touches so people actually compared classic and passport, but I think classic's trackpad is extremely useful and I just wish and dream one day PP keyboard can emulate trackpad.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    07-20-15 06:56 PM
    I just realized a function I frequently use is missing on PP, double finger backspace to delete two words. So this means PP keyboard cannot handle double or multi touch.

I wish we could punch and zoom with two fingers on keyboard.

One day, I hope with a sw update, we can go from mail/hub to home menu and actually pick apps or choose running apps by using the touch sensitive keyboard, I mean the function is there. They just need to implement it.

A selector in screen that highlights items (like I mentioned above, but for other sections) like emails in hub, folders in folder list, files in file browser, pictures, etc, you get the idea.

When PP was introduced, it was supposed to eliminate unnecessary screen touches so people actually compared classic and passport, but I think classic's trackpad is extremely useful and I just wish and dream one day PP keyboard can emulate trackpad.

You can pinch zoom.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 07:04 PM
    Pinch to zoom works on stock Browser in 10.3.2. Multiple swipe to delete does work on VKB, wish they'd offer it for the PKB as well.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    NtotheK likes this.
    07-20-15 07:40 PM

Double or triple finger backspace works on Passport.
    Use same method you used on a full touch screen keyboard but this time use it on the virtual numeric keyboard on your Passport.

Try it.

Posted from my SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-20-15 08:07 PM
    Yeah, the touch functionality is actually really cool. I prefer it to the touchpad on the classic.

What the passport needs is a smarter design/quality control improvements. A shift, an alt, and a sym key (no need for four rows if you squeeze the modifiers into an extra vertical row on the left side).
    07-20-15 09:47 PM
    Yeah, the touch functionality is actually really cool. I prefer it to the touchpad on the classic.

What the passport needs is a smarter design/quality control improvements. A shift, an alt, and a sym key (no need for four rows if you squeeze the modifiers into an extra vertical row on the left side).
    Would be useful for sure.
    But think their intention was to keep TYGH along the center of the phone.
    One more row on the left would shift it to the right.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-20-15 11:18 PM
    Would be useful for sure.
    But think their intention was to keep TYGH along the center of the phone.
    One more row on the left would shift it to the right.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    Form vs function. I need a secondary legend and an alt key. It would make the experience so much better.

You know, a 4th row would improve the capacitive touch keyboard experience a bit.
    07-21-15 09:48 AM
    Double or triple finger backspace works on Passport.
    Use same method you used on a full touch screen keyboard but this time use it on the virtual numeric keyboard on your Passport.
    Yes it does but it requires invoking num bad then going all the way up, at least it should work in number row/shift row (single virtual row).
    Also since we can pinch and zoom, why couldn't we have double finger backspace on keyboard, that's odd.

Pinch to zoom works on stock Browser in 10.3.2. Multiple swipe to delete does work on VKB, wish they'd offer it for the PKB as well.
    Great to know about pinch and zoom in browser, any reason why it wasn't included in email?
    I agree, at least if we could customize the virtual row so we can keep comma there, that would be great. Why would they make colon ":" standard and not comma "," in that row, I don't understand, or is it hidden because I have alternative languages enabled?

I also would like to add that I wish you could do the hub gesture on touch enabled physical keyboard in any running app. You are playing a game, you get a message but you want to see what other messages you have, just swipe up then right without touching the screen you can peek at hub, then use the selector (that is not available to us, but I am hoping one day it might be) to read emails by selecting them (tapping on keyboard).

Last thing, a mouse on browser, or even a mouse in every view and app when you double or triple tap on the kb to enable it, instead of email selector we could just get a mouse.
    07-21-15 11:34 PM
    Thought about something else too, since swiping from left to right doesn't go back, I wish Passport had a proper back button or at least a keyboard shortcut to simulate pressing of < icon on the bottom bar, or maybe a keyboard gesture on touch enabled physical keyboard. I was thinking about this how we couldn't go back in apps like Reddit in Motion, and in other apps making it awkward to try to hit the icon on the other side of this wide phone.
    07-31-15 01:50 PM