I know, it has be said hundreds of times before by other people, we want a Passport 2! The chances of one being released with OS10 are absolute zero by now,but why not one on Android? I love my KEYone, been using it for half a year, but I really miss the size and form of the Passport SE. I know that having android on a square screen is kind of an issue but why not do what HTC did with their ChaCha? I wouldn't mind a wider phone with the screen always on landscape. Would be perfect for browsing, email, media. I see no advantage on a vertical screen. What are your thoughts on this? Don't you want a square Passport 2? Every now and then I take my old SE out of the box and wonder why did I let it go. But then I turn it on and remember the necessity of the upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails Dreaming of a Passport 2-109260.jpg  
    Qorax likes this.
    12-02-17 03:55 PM
    Just turn it on and rock with it! It's still a great device. As for a passport android keep dreaming ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-02-17 04:17 PM
    A LG Optimus Vu II is probably the closest you'll get to a current Android device that has Passport like dimensions. A new device is certainly possible but it'll be 4:3 instead of 1:1 to comply with Google Play's certification rules.

I doubt it would be called the Passport 2 though (I assume BlackBerry owns the rights and licensees have so far built new device brands).
    Qorax likes this.
    12-02-17 05:30 PM
    A LG Optimus Vu II is probably the closest you'll get to a current Android device that has Passport like dimensions. A new device is certainly possible but it'll be 4:3 instead of 1:1 to comply with Google Play's certification rules.

I doubt it would be called the Passport 2 though (I assume BlackBerry owns the rights and licensees have so far built new device brands).
    True,but no PBK. I like my PBK!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-03-17 08:31 AM
    sometimes I wonder why people need passport 2 on Android when bb 10 still works fine. I even can't imagine passport on Android
    12-03-17 12:31 PM
    sometimes I wonder why people need passport 2 on Android when bb 10 still works fine. I even can't imagine passport on Android
    Just so that it continues to get the updates. And doesn't die-out sooner.
    12-03-17 01:20 PM
    It's called a KEYone. If that's not good enough, there might be a rumored KEYtwo. Get realistic, There will be nothing else closer.....
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-03-17 01:33 PM
    It's called a KEYone. If that's not good enough, there might be a rumored KEYtwo. Get realistic, There will be nothing else closer.....
    The Keyone doesn't have a three row keyboard or a wide screen, neither of those are unrealistic although I'm sure we'd see the former before the latter.
    12-03-17 03:41 PM
    Key1 is good device for sure, but even no close to passport!!!
    For me passport as device with bb10 is the best!!!
    Blackberry on android is good too but it's not real blackberry, I think you know this too my friend.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    12-03-17 03:56 PM
    Key1 is good device for sure, but even no close to passport!!!
    For me passport as device with bb10 is the best!!!
    Blackberry on android is good too but it's not real blackberry, I think you know this too my friend.

Posted via CB10
    Real BB was pre-BB10 for me. BBOS running on 8700 with BIS. I've dual carried since 2010-2011 with Android device since BB was already falling behind ecosystem wise. BB10 to me was trying very hard to be like Android, using regular data without BIS and ported apps from Android. For me 10.2.1 was the point where BB10 got the closest to BBOS with BIS and the most compatibility with Android ecosystem. Then, just like that, Android ecosystem pulled away from BB10 and they've grown apart ever since.
    12-03-17 06:14 PM
    That HTC is an ugly ugly device.
    12-03-17 06:18 PM
    Real BB was pre-BB10 for me. BBOS running on 8700 with BIS. I've dual carried since 2010-2011 with Android device since BB was already falling behind ecosystem wise. BB10 to me was trying very hard to be like Android, using regular data without BIS and ported apps from Android. For me 10.2.1 was the point where BB10 got the closest to BBOS with BIS and the most compatibility with Android ecosystem. Then, just like that, Android ecosystem pulled away from BB10 and they've grown apart ever since.
    Maybe you are right my friend. I'm just talking about I know . My 1st BlackBerry device was/is PRIV and have to say was really the best device after Samsung, HTC, Sony etc. Yes , the best was for working as the best android with swipe shortcuts etc. After this I found out passport and began in my mind new vision how phone must be so now I'm using both passport and PRIV and sure all my next devices will be blackberry!!!
    Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    12-03-17 06:36 PM
    That's the bb10 come back device. No Droid

No Shade Just Light!!! Silver Passport 10.3.2.2639
    12-03-17 10:09 PM
    A Passport 2 with BB11 would be awesome!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 01:32 AM
    Samsung is bringing back the flip phone so all good things might come back, just like big bell jeans the vega gt the pinto car and the woodie station wagon!

Most of the young kids have no clue what im talking about, lol
    12-04-17 08:35 AM
    Samsung is bringing back the flip phone so all good things might come back, just like big bell jeans the vega gt the pinto car and the woodie station wagon!

Most of the young kids have no clue what im talking about, lol
    Flip phones never went away in Asia.
    12-04-17 10:00 AM
    Can't let go of my Passport, it's too good and I rely on email so much

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 10:52 AM
    Can't let go of my Passport, it's too good and I rely on email so much

Posted via CB10
    You can get your email on the Keyone also Ive had 2 passports both great for their time its time to let go of BB10 it will be ok when that day comes, lol they have medication just for these issues of letting go they even have a app called letitgo
    12-04-17 11:11 AM
    You can get your email on the Keyone also Ive had 2 passports both great for their time its time to let go of BB10 it will be ok when that day comes, lol they have medication just for these issues of letting go they even have a app called letitgo
    Plus the movie Frozen provides a song to help with process to "Let It Go".....
    texn884 likes this.
    12-05-17 01:29 PM
    Let it goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bb10
    12-05-17 02:09 PM