08-11-16 05:30 AM
35 12
tools
    hi guys....

when i first gotten my passport (in singapore); things work like a wonder. Everything about it; the battery life, the keyboard and the camera is just fantastic.

However, for the past 2 weeks it has gotten crazy on me. Battery will drop by 100% to are 30% in are 45 mins; and without me even touching it. Also, the whole phone (esp to the right side) will heat up real bad to the extend that it was not possible to use the phone.

anyone having the same prob as me?

would dearly appreciate any feedbacks in possible

thanks

kiat
    10-31-14 12:48 PM
    Had the problem but fixed after restarting it.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 01:15 PM
    For me aswell and as everyone says my BlackBerry passport last me only 11hours.

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    10-31-14 01:24 PM
    Too many people post about problems but don't give enough background on their uses... with so many apps and people doing restores incorrectly, there's no wonder people's results vary so much..

I have the last 10.3.1 OS installed from the autoloader with zero problems on my pp SO FAR... it's only been a day
    10-31-14 01:33 PM
    Experienced mine getting hot first boot but after a reset all has been well since. Battery life is outstanding lasting over 24 hours with moderate communication use. I don't play games and run very few android apps. The ones I do are music apps

Passport on AT&T
    10-31-14 01:44 PM
    Every so often that happens to me, but a restart fixes it.

Currently experimenting by using the Beats Music android app, and it's playing fine and running cool in the background...

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    10-31-14 06:54 PM
    Too many people post about problems but don't give enough background on their uses... with so many apps and people doing restores incorrectly, there's no wonder people's results vary so much..

I have the last 10.3.1 OS installed from the autoloader with zero problems on my pp SO FAR... it's only been a day
    Can you please share the link of autoloader for BlackBerry passport, so that will try that on our phone also. I see many leaks in forum but not sure which one to download and use. Since you told me it's perfect I'll try it on.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:28 AM
    all your android apps are a good reason why, all fix. The first couple of days its normal for the phone to index itself. After that it is not.
    Use the app manager to monitor the problem, under settings.
    11-01-14 01:51 AM
    I did monitored for 3 days and I see it's system and display alone using the more battery. Attached the screen Shot. In this thread and my total mobile usage along with this pic's
    Draining Battery Life - Passport & excessive heating-img_20141101_125506.png
    Draining Battery Life - Passport & excessive heating-img_20141101_125459.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:26 AM
    And yeah I had rested twice in last two days and still I face this problem.

I have one work email and one personal account configured.

I have default apps and cb10 installed. And that's the app so far I have used in my BlackBerry passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:28 AM
    My passport gets really hot on the right side even with moderate use. I sense it's indexing the system since it's only been a couple of days old and still running on its first full charge.
    As mentioned by many I haven't tried a restart since the update. Will try that too and see if it works.
    Bought mine from Dubai.

Regards
    Divakar

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:29 AM
    This is my version. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 what about you guys.

Even mine heats too much on passport rightside.

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    11-01-14 02:52 AM
    I experienced heavy battery drain after I started up Skype. And the phone would heat up. I then deleted Skype, since I don't use it anyway and my battery went back to normal. As you can see it says 30% = 12 hours which is good. The heavy usage after I deleted skype and recharged it was during an afternoon drive with a lot of Internet since I wasn't driving and GPS and maps usage (second peak and forward on graph).
    The first slope on the graph is basically just skype while NOT using it.

Draining Battery Life - Passport & excessive heating-img_20141101_220147.png

Posted via CB10
    kumplocke likes this.
    11-01-14 09:11 AM
    I experienced heavy battery drain after I started up Skype. And the phone would heat up. I then deleted Skype, since I don't use it anyway and my battery went back to normal. As you can see it says 30% = 12 hours which is good. The heavy usage after I deleted skype and recharged it was during an afternoon drive with a lot of Internet since I wasn't driving and GPS and maps usage (second peak and forward on graph).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141101_220147.png 
Views:	2585 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	311229

Posted via CB10
    Skype was a battery killer for my wife's phone. She got rid of it and now phone back to amazing battery life.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure with Skype, you have to always log off before closing the app.
    11-01-14 09:48 AM
    My Passport have overheating problem from time to time too, which makes the battery life a little shy comparing to Z30, which make it a little less convincing when I laugh at my wife as a wall hugger because at the end of the day I sometimes have to plug in to play with my phone in bed... that never happened with Z30.

Also yesterday when a friend was playing with my phone to decide his next phone between an iPhone 6+ and a Passport, he noticed the heat on the right side of my phone after opening a few apps... I am not sure whether that's a deciding factor or not but he went with 6+ in the end.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-01-14 10:58 AM
    I did monitored for 3 days and I see it's system and display alone using the more battery. Attached the screen Shot. In this thread and my total mobile usage along with this pic's

Name:	IMG_20141101_125506.png 
Views:	1734 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	311158

Name:	IMG_20141101_125459.png 
Views:	1734 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	311159

Posted via CB10
    Why doesn't it show average battery life on your minimized device monitor app?

Draining Battery Life - Passport & excessive heating-img_20141101_202654.png

Did you white it out?

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-01-14 07:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey guys!

I also downloaded Skype just yesterday and noticed that my phone drained like hell overnight.

Was quite annoyed, however there is a fix to this (if you still wanna keep Skype on your phone)

When you download Skype, it seems that at time it stays on in the background even when you logged out
    because it pulls notifications each time maybe. Also un-tick the "automatically log-in" feature.

So what you need to do is go into settings of Skype and switch off notifications, for me I only would need to use Skype
    if I know the other person is online and wants to video chat with me.

This solved the battery drain issue now
    11-02-14 01:23 AM
    same problem, BB sent me a new one, still hot, turn off LTE, see what happends.
    03-29-15 12:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    It does amaze me how apologetic we tend to be about BlackBerry. I'm a fan of the phone, don't get me wrong, but even with things you love, you can't ignore the facts. 'Deleting Skype' is a very sad compromise! What about those who want to skype? Why does it have to be one and not the other? Why can't BlackBerry give me a decent skype battery drain (even an s3 manages a decent drain). Why should I change my needs and patterns of working just so the battery lasts me longer, leaving the passport but a relatively useless, even if elegant looking, machine.

Posted via CB10
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    03-29-15 03:40 AM
    Here are the Apps encounter with battery draining issues.
    Skype : Drains battery and runs at backgroupd when login. Have to uninstall it.
    eBay : Drains battery and runs at backgroupd when login. After log out it seems fine.
    Amazon Appstore : Drains battery and runs at backgroupd when login. No choice have to keep login, otherwise Kindle will log out simultaneously.
    OneDrive : Drains battery and runs at backgroupd when login. Have to uninstall it.
    The big problem is still with System, Android Player, PIM service. They are draining much more battery than whatever Apps add up together. Moderate to heavy usage on the Passport, before bed charging the phone is a must.
    And my guess another factor depends on your local 3G or 4G service provider. Weak or not that strong signals kills battery a lot.
    About the issue of back heating, the temperature plays a part, it is not all the CPU's fault.

Posted Via My Pure White Passport SQW100-1 Born on 17/11/2014 somewhere in Mexico.
    nfuture likes this.
    03-29-15 04:52 AM
    When the battery is running warm to hot, it means there is an active app, and most likely an Android app is still running in the background even after closing. I would do a hard reset immediately to disconnect the app from the OS and to prevent the battery from damages.

These Android apps don't even close properly on Android devices as well. That's why there's lots of app killers for Android.
    03-29-15 06:00 AM
    Just get a Task Manager app and it will tell you what is open in the background. Close whatever is open. No need to delete every app you use.....!
    Draining Battery Life - Passport & excessive heating-img_20150329_074319.png

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-29-15 06:43 AM
    I just went into permissions and set a bunch of apps to not run in background, or headless, AND changed my Instagram sync interval set way higher than the default and my awesome battery life IS BACK!!!!!!

Thank you to whoever suggested this....!!!!!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-29-15 08:17 PM
    Close all android apps when you are finished with them. Go to device manager and close them for sure.
    03-30-15 12:48 AM
35 12