I don't believe it's related to Skype, since I have had the problem on two Passports and don't use Skype.

I also don't think it's an Android app problem. Although I have installed Snap on my second PP, I have only installed Netflix, and haven't used it yet.

My phone will be sitting locked, with maybe the browser running, and it will spontaneously get quite hot on the right side. The battery will be draining quickly, and I can't unlock it. It does the screen fade when I swipe up from the bottom, but never actually presents the unlock screen. The top button allows me to restart though, and that clears the problem, although it still has a partially drained battery.

I had the same symptoms with the first one but I didn't restart. I noticed it was hot and figured I should just leave it alone and let it cool down. A few hours later it had bricked itself. No signs of life. Wouldn't recharge. Nothing.

Based on my experience, if it's an app problem then the browser app is sufficient since that's about the only app I leave running when the phone is locked. In terms of accounts, I'm not using it for FB, Twitter, or other social. Just one gmail account and my work account in the work space.
    05-24-15 05:12 PM
    I don't believe it's related to Skype, since I have had the problem on two Passports and don't use Skype.

I also don't think it's an Android app problem. Although I have installed Snap on my second PP, I have only installed Netflix, and haven't used it yet.

My phone will be sitting locked, with maybe the browser running, and it will spontaneously get quite hot on the right side. The battery will be draining quickly, and I can't unlock it. It does the screen fade when I swipe up from the bottom, but never actually presents the unlock screen. The top button allows me to restart though, and that clears the problem, although it still has a partially drained battery.

I had the same symptoms with the first one but I didn't restart. I noticed it was hot and figured I should just leave it alone and let it cool down. A few hours later it had bricked itself. No signs of life. Wouldn't recharge. Nothing.

Based on my experience, if it's an app problem then the browser app is sufficient since that's about the only app I leave running when the phone is locked. In terms of accounts, I'm not using it for FB, Twitter, or other social. Just one gmail account and my work account in the work space.
    Remember that there are Android apps pre-installed on your BB10 device, such as Amazon Appstore, and numerous Android apps available in BB World, such as Flipboard and Skype.

Use Device Monitor (accessed from Quick Settings menu by swiping down from top of screen in Hub or home screen, or two-finger swiping down anywhere else) to see what's been using the CPU. Ironically, Android apps can run in the background without any permission to do so. There are Android control panel apps like Ghost Commander that can edit Android app permissions.
    05-24-15 08:43 PM
    I had the same problems with my blackberry as well. Then i decided to remove the hard case I got for my passport. It has fixed the issue now. I think BlackBerry passport cases are too much covered and it's not providing enough ventilation for the device. This may not be the completely correct but it worked for me.

Ps: am still running loads of apps with autosync running in background.
    05-26-15 07:00 AM
    "Android Player" is constantly in and out of the CPU top-users. Enough. All the android rubbish is getting deleted when I get home this evening.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:14 AM
    Please update your software
    07-17-15 04:33 PM
    I have had the same issue but yesterday I uninstalled TrueCaller and other background active applications and the overheating stopped. I am quite a heavy user and the end of the day today my charge is on 67%. So I guess it is the background applications which cause all these overheating.

For you to decipher this, just go to tour device monitor and check the applications which have been much of the space on the CPU and those ones you need to download and I think the problem will be sorted out. For me I noticed TrueCaller was in 46% of my CPU usage. I got rid of it and my online now is fantastic, speed is awesome.
    08-27-15 10:02 AM
    I'm with a pp Silver and overheating is annoying me. I add a screenshot showing cpu usage during last 48hs. Do you see something wrong?! I'm a heavy user but something does not work imho. I'm on 10.3.2.2836
    Draining Battery Life - Passport & excessive heating-img_20160130_155738.png
    Draining Battery Life - Passport & excessive heating-img_20160130_155735.png

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:58 AM
    I face exactly the same problem battery lasts for 6-7 hours only and right side heats up like hell..any solution.. cant switch to other device as nobody makes better devices than BlackBerry
    08-09-16 10:10 PM
    I face exactly the same problem battery lasts for 6-7 hours only and right side heats up like hell..any solution.. cant switch to other device as nobody makes better devices than BlackBerry
    Can you post a screenshot of the CPU tab of Device Monitor when you feel your device is heating up?
    08-09-16 11:54 PM
    I had the same issue. My phone was only a week old. After I did a factory reset it was fine. I guess just sitting around for 2 years after it was made it needed a wakeup call

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 05:30 AM
35 12