I was just wondering, are there any down sides of getting the Passport right now from Amazon as opposed to buying it directly from AT&T when they release it?
    09-30-14 06:51 PM
    I'm using an unlocked Passport from shop BlackBerry right now on AT&T. All working fine here. I don't see any downside at all only benefits. Won't have to wait on AT&T to release updates.

Passport on AT&T
    09-30-14 06:53 PM
    Is AT&T offering discounted plan if you bring your own device?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:54 PM
    I thought I read users were having problems getting LTE to work. Something about giving ATT a fake IMEI number to enable it?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:56 PM
    I'm using an unlocked Passport from shop BlackBerry right now on AT&T. All working fine here. I don't see any downside at all only benefits. Won't have to wait on AT&T to release updates.

Passport on AT&T
    How did you figure out how to get LTE on it? I'm trying to get LTE on a new line and I haven't cracked that yet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    09-30-14 07:14 PM
    How did you figure out how to get LTE on it? I'm trying to get LTE on a new line and I haven't cracked that yet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Do you have an LTE SIM card?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:18 PM
    Do you have an LTE SIM card?

Posted via CB10
    It's a new SIM. Yes, LTE, but AT&T insists on putting the actual IMEI, so no LTE service.

I can put my iPhone SIM in the passport, and I get LTE. But my goal is to keep my iPhone's SIM in my iPhone.
    09-30-14 07:36 PM
    Ya, I'd like some answers on this myself, ordered from amazon, and stuck betweek att and tmo sim.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-30-14 07:42 PM
    Ya, I'd like some answers on this myself, ordered from amazon, and stuck betweek att and tmo sim.
    If I have time on Saturday I will ask them to activate my old 5S on my new line. Then I should be able to switch that SIM back to the passport and I should have LTE finally.

In theory that should work.
    09-30-14 07:45 PM
    It's a new SIM. Yes, LTE, but AT&T insists on putting the actual IMEI, so no LTE service.

I can put my iPhone SIM in the passport, and I get LTE. But my goal is to keep my iPhone's SIM in my iPhone.
    Seriously? Wow... here my profile with Bell still show that I have a BlackBerry 9900 lol

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:47 PM
    Thee only potential "problem" , I see is that if you have a defective model.. You would have to send it back, we as with one from att you would be able to take back to store and get replacement quicker...
    09-30-14 08:06 PM
    LTE on ATT should work once ATT recognizes the IMEI number. Till then you will have to use 4G or get an IMEI from an older LTE phone and have ATT use that one on the line. I used my old Z10 IMEI and that worked like a champ.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    09-30-14 08:10 PM
    I bought mine from Shop BlackBerry and AT&T does not have the Passport in their system yet. So a Passport IMEI number does not currently allow for LTE or data usage. We ended using the IMEI number for my old Q10 and that works. So AT&T's network simply thinks I have a different phone than I actually have. You should be able to use any older BlackBerry 10 device's IMEI and it should work. I assume this hack won't be necessary soon as they'll be officially launching the Passport on their network.
    09-30-14 08:31 PM
    My sim was originally in an iPhone and then I was using it in a z30 with an adapter until the passport came out. Put it in the passport and had LTE no problem. Didn't have to call att at all. I know others have had issues though
    09-30-14 08:31 PM
    But att allows BYOD, why wouldn't they "recognize" a imei? That's the part I don't get. Is it because of its being new? Sorry if not a valid quest.
    S

09-30-14 08:33 PM
    the downside i would say is to wait for who knows how long for att to release the phone... i have a friend still using a 9900 which is dying... he went to an att store and after, called att cs to find out about the release date etc... the answer was basically, i read here somewhere in our system that we will carry the device exclusively but no estimate date at all.. and this friend told me that the att cs rep really dug for any information... so, he felt like the wait will be for several months...
    09-30-14 08:33 PM
    Might be a stupid question, however probably not my first. If I buy one from AT&T and there is a leak down the road of a updated OS can I install it. That kinda a concern for me because AT&T hasn't released updates very quickly here lately. Thank you

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-30-14 08:35 PM
    I just went to ATT today, they have no clue about when or if the passport is coming and the only discount you get is the same discount if you were to buy your phone on ATT next, instead of a $40 dollar line charge, its $25 , then the plan cost plus 18% in taxes, when i get my passport i'm gonna see if net10 will have me, $40 a month for unlimited talk/text/500mb high speed data just like tmobile but no heavy taxes. ;P

but anyways back on topic, basically getting it from amazon means the phone is yours, unlocked etc, att however your confined to a contract unless you buy it out right, but if your gonna do that just buy it unlocked because they won't unlock it for you unless you've been with then for 6 months, or just pay to have it done, your choice,
    09-30-14 08:39 PM
    "My sim was originally in an iPhone and then I was using it in a z30 with an adapter until the passport came out. Put it in the passport and had LTE no problem"

Yes, this method works. If you have an active nano sim from another phone, your LTE should work if you simply put it in your Passport. Though when I switched from an iPhone to Q10 without updating my plan with AT&T, my visual voicemail didn't work. I had to go into the store and have them change my plan from "Unlimited Data for iPhone with Visual Voicemail" to "Unlimited Data for BlackBerry with Visual Voicemail."

"But att allows BYOD, why wouldn't they "recognize" a imei? That's the part I don't get. Is it because of its being new?"

I think so. I don't know how this all works, but that seems to be the case.
    09-30-14 08:54 PM
    Are these problems all from people who have had an att sim already? I'm on vzw, but will be lowering my data until contract up(will being using vzw line for work, att or tmo prepaid(montly) untill vzw is up, and figure out which service is better.

But not having a sim already. Would I not experience the problems? I mean, I'll walk into both stores the first month and tell them, I have this phone, will lte work or no, if not duces.

09-30-14 09:01 PM

Passport on AT&T
    You never had to wait?

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    09-30-14 09:40 PM
    You never had to wait?

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    True I never had a problem installing leaks but many others here do and want the official release which means they would.

Passport on AT&T
    09-30-14 10:00 PM