How many other PP users started having the double-typing issue rear its ugly head after autoloading their device with version 3216?

If downloaded the 3204 debrick, extracted all the bar files and unchecked 'only install newer apps' and loaded them all on to make a 'frankenstien OS'. This did, however, fix the issue for a couple of days (with increased battery loss) but has now returned.

Do you think I should autoload 3216 again - in hopes that it was a 'one off' glitch. Or do you think I should autoload a lower version?

I might just stick it out till a higher revision comes out, and autoload that. I just wanted your thoughts. Thanks for reading

Posted via CB10
    09-14-18 01:04 PM
    För myself I have no problems at all with double typing. Neither on 3216 nor any other later release.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-18 04:48 PM
    For me it also started with 3216.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 03:35 AM
    How many other PP users started having the double-typing issue rear its ugly head after autoloading their device with version 3216?

If downloaded the 3204 debrick, extracted all the bar files and unchecked 'only install newer apps' and loaded them all on to make a 'frankenstien OS'. This did, however, fix the issue for a couple of days (with increased battery loss) but has now returned.

Do you think I should autoload 3216 again - in hopes that it was a 'one off' glitch. Or do you think I should autoload a lower version?

I might just stick it out till a higher revision comes out, and autoload that. I just wanted your thoughts. Thanks for reading

Posted via CB10
    for my self, I have problem, and other one did too. so I recommen my member that didnt upgrade. stay on 10.3.3.2049 or 10.3.3.3057

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-16-18 05:43 AM
    for my self, I have problem, and other one did too. so I recommen my member that didnt upgrade. stay on 10.3.3.2049 or 10.3.3.3057

Thank you. I will end up autoloadinding 2049. Does double-typing issue also include certain keys being intermittently non-responsive. For instance, I have double typing, and I have to sometimes press harder on the 'N' key for it to register (perhaps that's hardware-related).

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 08:40 AM

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition
    I've downgraded my SE to 10.3.3.2049 and the issue is still there. It isn't as bad as before, though.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-18 04:05 PM
    I've downgraded my SE to 10.3.3.2049 and the issue is still there. It isn't as bad as before, though.

Posted via CB10
    do you did sic multiwipe to clean the os? before reinstall the os

09-17-18 09:24 PM

No. I've always assumed that an autoloader was a clean installation; overwriting the devices NAND info completely.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-18 05:50 AM
    No. I've always assumed that an autoloader was a clean installation; overwriting the devices NAND info completely.

Posted via CB10
    And you are correct.........no need to do a security wipe, whatsoever.
    09-18-18 09:20 AM
    I too have a problem with my 'N'key, ie non responsive, and it's driving me mad

Posted via CB10
    09-18-18 10:27 AM

Going to give the SIC Multiwipe tool a try, as a last resort - due to the double typing issue worsening now. I will keep you guys updated.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-18 07:02 PM
    Thank god, we never had a the double typing issue on either one of our phones (Q10, Classic, Passport)... Let's hope it stays this way. Fingers crossed.
    09-19-18 11:07 AM
    Update: using SIC Multiwipe tool prior to autoloading 2049 again didn't resolve the issue.

It is clear that this update has done some permanent damage to my device, which may or may not be fixed when a higher revision drops from the production servers.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-18 05:41 PM
    No problems with my Passport, double-typing or otherwise.
    09-19-18 05:44 PM
    Thank god, we never had a the double typing issue on either one of our phones (Q10, Classic, Passport)... Let's hope it stays this way. Fingers crossed.
    I've had a Q10, Passport & Classic and this is the first time that I've dealt with it.

BlackBerry are well aware of it, as it was around in the old days and being reported by other Q10 users.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-18 05:44 PM
    I too have a problem with my 'N'key, ie non responsive, and it's driving me mad

Posted via CB10
    My 'M' key works inconsistently; as well as double typing. This update hasn't been a good ride for me lol.

The only good thing I have to say is that I'm happy I've had three years of using this device without running into this issue (even luckier that I haven't had it thus far with my Q10).

Posted via CB10
    09-19-18 05:52 PM
    I've had a Q10, Passport & Classic and this is the first time that I've dealt with it.

BlackBerry are well aware of it, as it was around in the old days and being reported by other Q10 users.

Posted via CB10
    Somewhere here on CB there is a thread dealing with the double-typing issue and explaining that BB issued an OS with an algorithm change to fix a previous OS. Can't remember which OS (conite knows) but it may have been for the Classic (can't remember). Anyway, some devices were affected but many were not. I've never had any problem and I've used every single OS released. For me, they just seemed to get better and better with each new release.
    09-19-18 05:53 PM
    Have Se edition and have the same problem with 3216. Is it hardware? The keyboard has a utile life. Put sonax(lubrification) didn t resolve the issue. Pheraps is the software. M N E and L are failing many times its quite anoing. A way of buying other phone pheraps? I have a key one and now it's better than my silver passport. Please fix this blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-18 08:08 AM
    Have Se edition and have the same problem with 3216. Is it hardware? The keyboard has a utile life. Put sonax(lubrification) didn t resolve the issue. Pheraps is the software. M N E and L are failing many times its quite anoing. A way of buying other phone pheraps? I have a key one and now it's better than my silver passport. Please fix this blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    It's software-related 100%

Backup information on device.

Use the SIC Multiwipe Tool (latest with options).

Wipe the device twice with the previously stated PC application.

Download and install 10.3.3.2049 via autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-18 12:34 PM
    It's software-related 100%

Backup information on device.

Use the SIC Multiwipe Tool (latest with options).

Wipe the device twice with the previously stated PC application.

Download and install 10.3.3.2049 via autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Software cannot permanently affect hardware. It's simply not possible.

In other words, if 2049 worked before, it would work again.

This may just be a case of freak coincidence.

Don't forget, this OS build (3216) has been available for ages, and countless people have been using it without issue.
    09-24-18 12:49 PM
    Somewhere here on CB there is a thread dealing with the double-typing issue and explaining that BB issued an OS with an algorithm change to fix a previous OS. Can't remember which OS (conite knows) but it may have been for the Classic (can't remember). Anyway, some devices were affected but many were not. I've never had any problem and I've used every single OS released. For me, they just seemed to get better and better with each new release.
    10.3.2.2813 had the most aggressive algorithm to combat double typing, but some would say it went too far. The OS builds after that took a bit of a step back.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-24-18 01:40 PM
    Double typing on my Passport appeared (for the first time ever) RIGHT AFTER I upgraded to the latest OS build. I've never had it before, not a single time.

So even just that makes it really hard to consider it a coincidence, but that it happened the very same way (i.e. after update) to numerous other people must mean that it was the 3216 OS what caused it, i.e. that it is a software thing and definitely not hardware... Why downgrading doesn't fix it, I don't know, though.
    09-24-18 02:12 PM
    I have the same issue I guess. Most of the time I have to press harder n and m keys which then cause double typing.
    I had the same impression that it was hardware issue, but then I convince myself that it's not when they behave normal.
    For instance, while typing this message n and m keys behaved normal just all the other keys... strange.
    I am on Software Release: 2137 and OS version: 3216.
    Did a sic multiwipe (twice) before installing the os.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-18 04:23 PM
    I have the same issue I guess. Most of the time I have to press harder n and m keys which then cause double typing.
    I had the same impression that it was hardware issue, but then I convince myself that it's not when they behave normal.
    For instance, while typing this message n and m keys behaved normal just all the other keys... strange.
    I am on Software Release: 2137 and OS version: 3216.
    Did a sic multiwipe (twice) before installing the os.

Posted via CB10
    The update is a piece of ****. I'm saving up for a Key2 now. The only hope we have got is an update to fix it. At first, I thought SIC Multiwipe tool fixed it, but the issue came back.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-18 04:44 AM
    The update is a piece of ****. I'm saving up for a Key2 now. The only hope we have got is an update to fix it. At first, I thought SIC Multiwipe tool fixed it, but the issue came back.

Posted via CB10
    On the bright side, neither KEY2 or LE have any double typing issues
    11-22-18 06:55 AM
27 12