It's back and it's getting progressively worse. I'm starting to think it's hardware related and not software. It's gotten to the point where it's become really annoying. The letters that double type the most are 'm' and 'n'. Anyone have any fix to this?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:40 PM
    Anyone have any fix to this?
    Found the fix for you.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    05-03-16 07:22 PM
    ETradeSupply is the only place where I've been able to find parts for the Silver Edition. Expect to pay a hefty premium, as well as waiting to get the parts from China. Very sorry that happened to your Passport.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Keyboard and Keypad Silver - ETrade Supply
    05-03-16 09:00 PM
    Lol yeah thanks for using this opportunity to make me switch to a Priv lmao

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 09:01 PM
    Claim for warranty?
    05-03-16 09:22 PM
    Actually, I never had the problem but it started occurring on my device lately. No updates or autoloadrs or anything....
    Weird...

Nothing like my SE.
    05-03-16 10:35 PM
    Claim for warranty?
    You think I should? I mean I'm definitely sure I'm hitting the key once as I can hear only one click but the fact that it starts double typing it's really annoying

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 01:01 AM
    Actually, I never had the problem but it started occurring on my device lately. No updates or autoloadrs or anything....
    Weird...

Nothing like my SE.
    Huh, that's very unusual. Maybe a bug or something.. my Classic is running perfectly with no double typing.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 01:02 AM
    You think I should? I mean I'm definitely sure I'm hitting the key once as I can hear only one click but the fact that it starts double typing it's really annoying

Posted via CB10
    I have many friends has claimed for warranty because of double typing
    05-04-16 01:55 AM
    One of the cool things I noticed about BlackBerry in 2007 is that parts were available and the phone looked easy to take apart and replace parts. After hammering the he'll out of a curve for 2.5 years I never had to open it. Keyboard was a joy.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-04-16 08:09 AM
    I have many friends has claimed for warranty because of double typing
    And it's a legitimate claim?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 02:26 PM
    I had some of this happening to me on att official OS. From July.! Upgraded to Sept OS and the problem went away along with camera improvements and other things. Att is a rotten, careless company for holding back these updates.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-05-16 07:56 AM
    It's back and it's getting progressively worse. I'm starting to think it's hardware related and not software. It's gotten to the point where it's become really annoying. The letters that double type the most are 'm' and 'n'. Anyone have any fix to this?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe its a sign, that the PP is getting Android M and N Runtime :P
    Lol. Just kidding.
    Get a replacement.

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-05-16 09:14 AM
    Maybe its a sign, that the PP is getting Android M and N Runtime :P
    Lol. Just kidding.
    Get a replacement.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Lol that's exactly what I'm gonna do because now more letters are being affected and I'm experiencing triple typing instead of double! I went back to my Classic for the time being because it's unusable for me!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 02:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you're right, it's a Hardware ISSUE, there is nothing you can do about it. Just be patient I guess.. it happened with my Q10 and then with my PP AT&T... and won't be long until it happens to my SE..

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:01 AM
    I called up BlackBerry support and they're offering me either a repair or a replacement for free. It's most likely gonna be a replacement so I'm happy!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 09:43 PM
    Hello all.

I have a Blackberry Passport SE and for the better part of the last month I had a serious double typing problem. Everytime I pressed the keys a, s, d, f, and g, the outcome was a=zaqhy, s=xswbj, d=cdenki, f=vfrolm, and g=gt and enter. I searched all over the internet and I was convinced that it had to be a hardware problem, since the keys double pressed were the ones on top and the bottom of the key pressed and the column on the mirror side of the keyboard.

After trying everything I found on the internet, one day I just removed the memory card and restarted the phnoe and all of the sudden it works perfectly fine, so the bottomline in my experience is that no matter how bad a double typing problem seems, it cann probably be a software issue.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    04-05-17 11:44 AM