Are you suggesting every occurrence of double typing is the result of a user having left his or her "phone out in the rain or wash[es his or her] hands so infrequently that [his or her] keyboard is gummed up with dirt," other incidental damage (negligence), or the result of "CPU spikes" or user-created software issues?

If so, do you have any sources or data from BlackBerry to back that up?

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    No. I'm pointing out the indisputable fact that failing to rule out such possibilities before laying the blame at BlackBerry's door and shouting all over forums about how bad their products are is an act of intellectual dishonesty.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 06:55 AM
    lol
    dude, please stop trolling or I and others will probably report you.

I agree that there MIGHT BE an issue connected with dirt under the keyboard, however, having same MECHANICAL keyboard (as imho - it's more or less same mechanical design) on 9780 never caused an issue in 3 years of usage.

also, it was completely ok with 10.3.1 (official)

but magically it started from 2nd day (or so) with 10.3.2.500 (which is quite understandable, as it is beta and bugs can be here).

but please - stop calling other people liars.
    I am one of the biggest BBRY lovers and defenders and yet - I got the same issue. however i am not going to record on video every single time I type on my passport - because that is stupid, time consuming, and I do not have necessary facilities of tools.

However, I do not stress about it UNTIL official OS is released. after all - my warranty expires on beginning of November.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    05-14-15 07:32 AM
    No. I'm pointing out the indisputable fact that failing to rule out such possibilities before laying the blame at BlackBerry's door and shouting all over forums about how bad their products are is an act of intellectual dishonesty.

Posted via CB10
    Without any data, or having examined any of the affected phones personally, how can you claim the "indisputable fact" that anyone has "failed to rule out such possibilities" or "intellectual dishonesty?"

crackberry_geek and FCSC like this.
    05-14-15 08:56 AM
    Contrary to the OP, my Passport has no issue. My Q10 has the . Double typing issue.

Being adventurous I've dissected the Q10.

Surgery tells me this: When I press the spacebar it is getting stuck on the . Button and pressing both down because of a break in the . Key. They didn't buffer the keys apart very well.

Moreover the keys don't have a very good debounce circuit and rely on the plastic above. So being broken it can also cause multiple . to appear.

I'm sure it could be software related. But I assure you my Q10 is suffering from a hardware problem. And swapping out the keyboard will fix it once I get time . I don't use the Q for anything except app testing so might be a while before I fix it.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    05-14-15 09:18 AM
    Without any data, or having examined any of the affected phones personally, how can you claim the "indisputable fact" that anyone has "failed to rule out such possibilities" or "intellectual dishonesty?"

I suggest you read again that to which you are attempting to reply. If you think my not having examined your phone has any relevance to it, you have clearly misunderstood it.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 09:26 AM
    I suggest you read again that to which you are attempting to reply. If you think my not having examined your phone has any relevance to it, you have clearly misunderstood it.

Posted via CB10
    So... answer the question.

FCSC and crackberry_geek like this.
    05-14-15 09:36 AM
    Who's the troll, he who asks for evidence and suggests possible causes, or he who angrily rejects them and instead descends into an infantile tantrum of ad-hominem?

Obvious as always.

Posted via CB10
    I think we can all clearly see who is rejecting evidence and possible causes. Why embarass yourself in a subject you have no knowledge in and act like one of those high school IB kids who thinks the world revolves around him. We've asked you to leave on multiple occasions and you refuse and insists not only you need to be a part of a conversation you have absolutely no knowledge in but for some odd reason decides yourself is the authoritative source on something you have no clue about. First asking people to do things you yourself are incapable of doing and saying the problem does not exist if we can't prove it to you, even if BlackBerry exchanged them, then after there are evidence, instead of shut up and leave, you decides to further troll the users and dismiss them. Please do yourself some good and stop making a joke out of yourself. You've clearly over stayed your welcome. You've misunderstood the purpose of the forum, we're not here to discuss to you about a subject matter you did not experience and pretend you an authority on. Does making everyone hates you makes you happy or is your hobby to offend as many people in this thread as you can?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-14-15 09:48 AM
    Let's try to keep on topic, m'kay? No one gets bonus points for manly chest pounding and trying to prove who is the biggest BlackBerry supporter. Calling people id***, trolls, or asking people to leave the thread will not be tolerated.

[WARN]
    Personal Attacks or Insults to Members - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]

[WARN]Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/WARN]

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    05-14-15 09:56 AM
    Let's try to keep on topic, m'kay? No one gets bonus points for manly chest pounding and trying to prove who is the biggest BlackBerry supporter. Calling people id***, trolls, or asking people to leave the thread will not be tolerated.

[WARN]
    Personal Attacks or Insults to Members - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]

[WARN]Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/WARN]

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!

so what you want us to do, when someone, who has no evidence or experience of the issue, denies the reality and calls everyone liars?! isn't that blanket dismiss of someones ideas = trolling? i am not accusing, this time. I just want to understand.
    05-14-15 10:08 AM
    so what you want us to do, when someone, who has no evidence or experience of the issue, denies the reality and calls everyone liars?! isn't that blanket dismiss of someones ideas = trolling? i am not accusing, this time. I just want to understand.
    You can discuss and debate the subject without the name calling, accusations of trolling, and rudely telling people where they can and cannot post.

If someone is being a troll, don't respond in kind. Use the little triangle up in the top right corner to report and we'll take a look at it.
    05-14-15 10:13 AM
    You can discuss and debate the subject without the name calling, accusations of trolling, and rudely telling people where they can and cannot post.
    Thank you. Perhaps now we can make some progress on resolving this issue. So has anyone been successful in ruling out water damage and dirt on/in/under the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:26 AM
    It is sad to see that my passport do not withstand a few damp hands after washing hand after few months use. I was expecting more. But thhe debounce theory make more sense. Regarding q10 vs passport. I think the design of the keyboard is slightly different. Passport does not seem to use keytone (that white stuff that bounce) like the q10.
    Double typing on the Passport is a SOFTWARE issue-passport_keyboard.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:41 AM
    So are we saying the issue is because the keys don't denounce or come up fast enough thus causing the unit to type the same letter twice?

If so why so random with the letters? I'm seeing more and more letters start to exhibit this case.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:57 AM
    the debounce theory make more sense. Regarding q10 vs passport. I think the design of the keyboard is slightly different. Passport does not seem to use keytone (that white stuff that bounce) like the q10.
    Interesting. One user found the issue correlated with a change from 10.3.2.500 to 10.3.2.680, can't remember if it was in this thread or another similar one. In my experience when an issue proves intractable and constantly confounds attempts to get to the bottom of it, it's usually because there are at least two issues going on simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 11:02 AM
    It is probably BOTH a hardware and software issue. The OS interacting with a particular keyboard or screen . BlackBerry is probably looking for one solution solution that would fit all of a particular device ( assuming that this has been happening ) . I agree with the poster above who suggested owner adjustments in the settings menu as a hypothetical solution. I seem to recall sensitivity adjustments with my 9900.
    05-14-15 01:32 PM
    Okay, got it on video. Happens about 2:20 minutes in when I get to the fourth line of text. Did it a bunch of times before I started filming.
    05-14-15 09:38 PM
    I think maybe it is a 50/50 issue? It would definitely explain the mixed results

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    05-15-15 12:57 AM
    Okay, got it on video. Happens about 2:20 minutes in when I get to the fourth line of text. Did it a bunch of times before I started filming.
    Thanks for the video. I tried to write upto eight lines and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-15-15 05:48 AM
    Yeah, it happens every once in a while, but it's not something that can be reproduced at will.
    05-15-15 06:36 AM
    Just started experiencing double typing recently on my AT&T Passport. It's not all the time, but enough to be annoying. Never happened before installing version 10.3.2.500. I'm hoping 680 will fix it, just waiting on the blitz to update. I have double typing on letters B and C only.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.281 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    05-15-15 09:11 AM
    Yeah, it happens every once in a while, but it's not something that can be reproduced at will.
    What's your OS and Software version?

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-15-15 06:15 PM
    Bought it through Amazon in December. Running it on T-Mobile.

SQW1001-1
    05-15-15 09:12 PM
    A question to those PKB users with the double typing issue: Has your device been exposed to a dusty environment or any fine grained substance?

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    05-16-15 06:16 AM
    A question to those PKB users with the double typing issue: Has your device been exposed to a dusty environment or any fine grained substance?

I've gone through 3 keyboards in 1.5 years on my Q10 (currently a few months into its 4th). And honestly, I treated mine rather gently. It wasn't subjected to any more dust than any other typical device. If anything, maybe even less.

05-16-15 09:08 AM

This isn't going to help at al...

My Q10 started double typing about 6 months in, working in an office the whole time, replaced my keyboard, spent 6 months working construction and typing on it at work, then a year in the office, and no double typing on this keyboard yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 09:24 AM
182 ... 34567 ...