I agreee with you but there are some who keep on insisting it's hardware. There are people reporting this issue on touch only device as well like the Z10 and Z30. I'm getting double letters on the '.' and '?' which are located on the touch screen portion.

Whatever the case is I would like to see BlackBerry address tthis problem asap because I'm seeing more and more new Passport and Classic users reporting the issue. The numbers are growing and the big question is BlackBerry is going to do something about it?

I want to see BlackBerry succeed but not fixing it's problem since the Q10, made me think about the future and integrity of the company.

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious if the "." isn't you typing it accidentally after a double space to end a sentence?

I've had a Z30 for about a year, switched to a Q10 for a week ans back.

Example: so.many.times.that.im.typing I get periods be teen my words due to incorrect key being pressed vs the software failing. Not any leak or official os I've used causes double letters.

Let's start with clearing out learned words and turning off shortcuts and auto correct. Hard reboot and see if this still occcurs. If jot then one by one for a day enable one feature at a time.

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    05-10-15 01:35 PM
    So you actually believe that hundreds of loyal blackberry fans are making up the issue??

Sent from my Passport
    You're presuming their all loyal, yet you don't know them personally. I get where you're coming from but all it takes is one more popular than another to call another a fraud and so many others follow. Too kich of a popularity and grade school contest. I'm just saying.

Has anyone posted a clear video showing the double typing yet?

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    05-10-15 01:38 PM
    Am sooo tired of all these "double" typing threads! Have yet to find one with a video proving the double typing exists. Had a Q10 for 2 years and now the Passport for 3 months and have yet to encounter this issue.

Posted via CB10
    Then don't read these threads.

Nobody owes you a video!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:04 PM
    I actually got the issue of double typing, started with 10.3.2.500

Also, it can be:
    Software
    Grease from fingers

However, used 9780 for 3.5 years and never had this problem.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-10-15 06:11 PM
    Many of us have used BlackBerry for years. Over a dozen years in my case, going way back to the Pearl.

I never had double typing issues until 6 months into my Passport.

That's the whole point... BlackBerry has now lost even their PKB prowess.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-10-15 11:05 PM
    Sick and tired of the people going into threads that clearly say they are about a specific problem just to ask people to shut up. Maybe BB should actually fix the problem instead of continuing to sell problematic unots, that may stop these threads. Asking people who have defective handsets to pretend the problem doesn't exist and keep quiet is counter-intuitive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    crackberry_geek and thymaster like this.
    05-11-15 01:18 AM
    I was having the double typing problem on my passport for about 2 months. I tried uninstalling apps, reinstalling the os, changing keyboard settings... nothing worked. I was getting double keys on the e, r, i, b and space. I was cleaning my screen when I decided to power down and give the keyboard a really good cleaning using just the cloth that came with the passport. Powered it back on and it hasn't repeated a key for a week now. I am hoping it was just a dirty keyboard and nothing else...

Posted via CB10
    I tried this last night. Still too early to tell, but I haven't had a double type yet(knock on wood).
    05-11-15 10:38 AM
    You folks can continue to debate this issue, but the end result to this thread will still end the same.

You may rest assured that Blackberry has heard your complaint.
    Now, you need to be patient.
    As with past issues, this too WILL be fixed!
    john_v likes this.
    05-11-15 11:20 AM
    You folks can continue to debate this issue, but the end result to this thread will still end the same.

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0117.gif

You may rest assured that Blackberry has heard your complaint.
    Now, you need to be patient.
    As with past issues, this too WILL be fixed!
    Uh...it started from Q10, and certainly at least some Q10s have reached their end of life, your patience is admirable if that is what you have been doing, though I don't see the rationale of buying a phone in the first place if the point is to be patient and wait until it is outdated before using it.

05-12-15 02:20 AM
    Uh...it started from Q10, and certainly at least some Q10s have reached their end of life, your patience is admirable if that is what you have been doing, though I don't see the rationale of buying a phone in the first place if the point is to be patient and wait until it is outdated before using it.

You missed my point completely!
    I just wanted to reassure the doubters that Blackberry is aware of this issue. And, comparing it to those that do not have this problem,
    it's a small issue at that. But, of course it is still an issue that needs to be resolved, none-the -less!
    If the problem was an easy fix then I'm sure anyone of you, that do nothing but complain, could fix it yourselves.

While I have never had any issues what-so-ever and am now running 10.3.2.680 on my Passport which runs flawlessly, there is no question that others DO have issues.
    But this post has run it's course. And arguing senselessly back and forth till you're blue in the face is not going to help and only cause negativity towards each other.

As members it's our responsibility to try to help each other get through these crisis with a positive attitude. Support each other, don't bash!
    And remember, Your opinions are just opinions.

If any of us knew for sure what was causing this issue and were sure how to fix it, don't you thing BlackBerry would have already fixed it?

Again, I was just trying to reassure you that Blackberry is on it.
    You wanna waste your time arguing and complaining.... be my guest.

I, for one, have people to attend to with issues that I can help solve.
    Supa_Fly1 and jamesharmeling like this.
    05-12-15 08:14 AM
    I just started getting double-N's a week ago. I've had the unlocked Passport since December and updated to the most recent OS when that launched.
    05-12-15 03:59 PM
    Maybe the government is testing out a new airborne virus which makes you see double and it really has nothing to do with the phone! (well, no one else thought of it)

The last time I can remember the government testing a chemical on the public was in San Francisco in the 60's.
    It was a great success too!
    05-12-15 05:16 PM
    Own Z10, 30, and Passport. Never had a double typing issue.

Love to see a video of it looks.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.680 / Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 05-12-15 at 05:29 PM.
    05-12-15 05:18 PM
    If it's software: how come not everyone on the same OS version has the issue?
    If it's hardware: how come it's also reported happening with touchscreen keys?
    Seems to me that in the absence of access to the source code, to be fair one has to rule out overheating, dirty screen/keyboard, water damage, high or spiking CPU usage and intermittent fault caused by a fried I/O chip or something before one can be sure it's an OS issue.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    05-12-15 05:37 PM
    I had 3 Q10's and all developed the double type issue within 4-6 months. Changed the keyboard on each of them and problem solved. A keyboard is a piece of hardware last time I looked. After 8 months with my Passport, its now double typing the letter P. Here we go again! Just afraid to do an exchange and get one that will be worse thru my provider. Guess thats the chance you take

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-12-15 05:49 PM
    You missed my point completely!
    I just wanted to reassure the doubters that Blackberry is aware of this issue. And, comparing it to those that do not have this problem,
    it's a small issue at that. But, of course it is still an issue that needs to be resolved, none-the -less!
    If the problem was an easy fix then I'm sure anyone of you, that do nothing but complain, could fix it yourselves.

While I have never had any issues what-so-ever and am now running 10.3.2.680 on my Passport which runs flawlessly, there is no question that others DO have issues.
    But this post has run it's course. And arguing senselessly back and forth till you're blue in the face is not going to help and only cause negativity towards each other.

As members it's our responsibility to try to help each other get through these crisis with a positive attitude. Support each other, don't bash!
    And remember, Your opinions are just opinions.

If any of us knew for sure what was causing this issue and were sure how to fix it, don't you thing BlackBerry would have already fixed it?

Again, I was just trying to reassure you that Blackberry is on it.
    You wanna waste your time arguing and complaining.... be my guest.

I, for one, have people to attend to with issues that I can help solve.
    If they've been on it, then BB is either intentionally not releasing a fix or just plain outright incapable. BlackBerry's official response is still they have never heard of this problem so I don't know how you can answer for them. If it takes them more than the lifetime of a product to may be come up with a fix, then there are serious problems with BB. There is really no point in trying to mute the complaints when BB has no solved this issue since Q10 and kept releasing handsets that they know have problems. Over 70% Q10 users on this site voted their Q10 have double type, this is by no mean a small problem. Q10s have mostly reached their end of life, these Q10 users are essentially scammed. The Classic is getting roughly the same number of reports as Q10 comparative to the time from release, Passport is less but still quite a few, your optimism is just going to fuel the fire because clearly even fixing Q10 in the near future is not going to be helpful to many of the users. Any other products would have been recalled, and even those brands constantly being bashed on this forum like Apple and Samsung would at least acknowledg their problems and not give the "we have never heard of it " response for years.

05-12-15 07:17 PM
    As days goes by. Double typing is morre pronounce and more keys. Started with only letter T and I. Now the A the R the G. I am still trying to find time to send it for warranty. Since I travel a lot and passport is my daily drive. just sad to have to go through the hassle.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 12:01 AM
    If it's software: how come not everyone on the same OS version has the issue?
    If it's hardware: how come it's also reported happening with touchscreen keys?
    Seems to me that in the absence of access to the source code, to be fair one has to rule out overheating, dirty screen/keyboard, water damage, high or spiking CPU usage and intermittent fault caused by a fried I/O chip or something before one can be sure it's an OS issue.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly hardware issue.
    05-13-15 02:27 AM
    Video or it never happened.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:34 AM
    Can someone make a video? I had been using Passport since January and do not have the issue.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-13-15 05:08 AM
    Don't worry guys. You will get your turn soon enough. There is no need to ask for a video. First hand experience is better right.

Posted via CB10
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-13-15 09:00 AM
    if the debounce time is 100ms then they really need someone looking over the quality of those lmao. i debounce my buttons for arduino with a 10ms hw interrupt, after 30ms the response is stable.. and these are just some cheap buttons. at the university we debounce 10-20 year old buttons with 5ms timers as well and we get a stable response in about 50ms as well..
    05-13-15 09:06 AM
    I actually got the issue of double typing, started with 10.3.2.500

Also, it can be:
    Software
    Grease from fingers

However, used 9780 for 3.5 years and never had this problem.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    Miine alsoo started with10.3.2.500. As you can clearly see. No problems before. Just the double typing and no email suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:06 AM
    The symptoms make no sense. It's supposedly been going on for years and yet not one person has bothered to capture it on video? And furthermore, all requests for such evidence of the issue are rejected.

I call bull****.

Posted via CB10
    Well then, it must be most unfortunate that you keep around videos of your parents having sex or else you would have never happened.

This is an issue that comes and goes and happen almost at random, do you expect people to record everything on screen 24/7? Do you have a video of your device 24/7, if not, would you say you are bull-shhh-ing and your device is malfunctioning?

FCSC likes this.
    05-13-15 10:16 AM
    Well then, it must be most unfortunate that you keep around videos of your parents having sex or else you would have never happened.

This is an issue that comes and goes and happen almost at random, do you expect people to record everything on screen 24/7? Do you have a video of your device 24/7, if not, would you say you are bull-shhh-ing and your device is malfunctioning?

Are you saying it happens so infrequently that it's almost impossible to capture it on video? Or is this just another telling rejection of a simple request for evidence?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:35 AM
182 12345 ...