02-01-17 02:15 AM
179 ... 45678
tools
    Replaced my AT&T passport a month ago and the double typing is twice as bad as the original phone. This is getting ridiculous, it wouldn't be so bad but the spell check doesn't pick it up and fix it when I space.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:52 AM
    My Passport double-types so frequently now, that the time it takes to send a message is ridiculous.

No real pattern in letters, although it definitely started with the letter V.

Killing productivity; and I've explained to friends that the spelling errors are a result of the phone - for messages that are not critical.

I'll have to claim this with ATT's insurance, I suppose. What a hassle.

I'll say this though, the Passport is the most incredible business phone I have ever used. And my 9900 was pried out of my hands due to a failure related to the camera, etc.

Passport Rocks; this keyboard issssssue is reeeeal.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    08-08-15 04:56 AM
    I hope they finally fixed this for the Silver Edition. It is crazy virtually all BB10 keyboard devices (minus the Q5 it seems) are suffering from the double-typing issue. If they praise their great physical keyboards, they'll need to make them reliable, not only great and a pleasure to use.
    08-08-15 05:14 AM
    My Passport doesn't have any double typing issues. So I guess not virtually all have this issue. Those that don't have issues with their phones probably don't post, so it is almost impossible to to quantify how many have this issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-08-15 07:02 AM
    I started having the problem on my ATT version that I had the first week of release after going to 10.3.2.858 fro OTA. I have not had it till then. So I attribute it to an OS issue because of my circumstances. It is annoying and slows typing performance. I do have the original Passport and do not have the problem on it, but I am not on this particular release either.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 08:22 AM
    Since a month or so mine doubletypes the occasional b and b only
    Nothing major.

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    08-09-15 04:32 PM
    Talked to BlackBerry support today, as I was preparing an AT&T claim for the Passport. Tech support had me run through some physical Passport tests and the keyboard test seemed to pass.

Tech support said they know it's an issue, but that it's software related and the developers cannot seem to find a reason for it.

There, apparently, is a grey dot that appears before any keys are pressed telling BlackBerry that the problem is within the hardware. Technician had me run my fingers back and forth across the keyboard, but not hard enough to press a key.

Odd part for me is that the double typing is getting worse...

I asked if there was a particular release to which the start of the problem can be attributed, and she did not know that answer.

For what it's worth...

If anyone else has experienced that type of tech support answer, I'm wondering if the problem truly is in the software.

Ugh. Either way, it's a time-consuming issue. Here's an oddity... I did not have a single double-type while composing this message.

String

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 12:52 PM
    No double typing yet at all....going on two months. (fingers crossed, knock on wood, throw salt over left shoulder and hop on right foot while turning clockwise chanting hummina hummina hummina)
    double_fault likes this.
    08-10-15 01:55 PM
    double typing on my great black passport as well. amazon germany offered to take it back but I currently live with it because it was such a great deal (314 warehouse deal, not opened passport).
    I also hope a software update will help.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-10-15 02:02 PM
    I have this problem sometimes.
    08-10-15 07:00 PM
    As of the recent BlackBerry Passport OS update from AT&T. I have experienced double typing issues. Never before since the update did I have this issue. Before it was the camera flashing that was the issue. Now thats has been fixed, the only other issue is the double typing. Its extremely annoying esp when texting, emailing, and BBM'ing when you know you didn't miss spell a word and spell check isn't auto correcting it unless you do it manually. BLACKBERRY please update and fix this issue immediately.
    08-11-15 06:39 PM
    I have the seam problem.
    08-28-15 09:58 AM
    Hi all.

Here is what I'd call a bizarre turn of events... my double typing has almost completely stopped.
    On 10.23.2.556
    Not sure how to explain the change.

There was a point that my Passport was almost unusable, and now... it's 90% spot-on.

Anyone else seen a REDUCTION in the double-typing?
    10-24-15 08:43 AM
    Hi all.

Here is what I'd call a bizarre turn of events... my double typing has almost completely stopped.
    On 10.23.2.556

There was a point that my Passport was almost unusable, and now... it's 90% spot-on.

I have never had the double-typing issue on Q10 or Passport... knock on wood.

I am more curious as to how you are on 10.23 I haven't even seen the 10.4 leak yet and heard it's not coming until 2016

A little trick I learned in these forums which helps avoid typos is to use "myver" when you type this and hit space it will share phone details like: PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639

Then you can erase phone name if you like but no need to worry about typing it out correctly.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 09:04 AM
    Hi all.

On 10.23.2.556

Did you update your device to new OS release before it stopped?
    02-03-16 11:27 AM
    What double typing issue. This was fixed eons ago. No sure what's going on.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    02-03-16 11:38 AM
    What double typing issue. This was fixed eons ago. No sure what's going on.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    Well, I am having it, and people over at reddit as well as here are still having the same issue.
    Did you have this issue, personally on your Passport, and it was fixed? Or are you going by what you've been reading, and never had double typing issue on your PP?
    02-03-16 12:11 PM
    My double typing is back on select keys. It's only starter bad at this point. It was fixed for several months.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 06:51 PM
    My double typing still exists but it has been significantly reduced.
    02-03-16 10:51 PM
    Double typing has come back for me as well after the most recent os in the forums. It's not bad but still there, even though it's way better than before.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 11:29 PM
    It's getting really annoying especially when typing passwords where you can't really see if it double typed or not.
    The keyboard also feels a lot softer compared to before, some people claim it's hardware, some claim it's software. I tried spraying it with compressed air, did not make any difference. Could it be some kind of moisture? Should I try soaking it in bag of rice overnight to see if that helps?
    Is it easy to replace the keyboard?
    02-03-16 11:59 PM
    It's definitely getting worse, especially the letters "n" and "c"...sometimes it's not only double tapping but also no letter comming out after pressing the letter...

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-04-16 04:01 AM
    Well, I am having it, and people over at reddit as well as here are still having the same issue.
    Did you have this issue, personally on your Passport, and it was fixed? Or are you going by what you've been reading, and never had double typing issue on your PP?
    I had a double typing issue long ago, been fixed for so long I can't remember when.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    02-04-16 06:42 AM
    No doubletype but amazing input lags on different websites. Facebook comments, eurogamer.de and so on...
    It's amazing slow on the stock and other native browsers, no fun to type with the physical keyboard. And it's an issue since maaany os releases,. Even wipes didn't helped.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    02-04-16 06:50 AM
    I had a double typing issue long ago, been fixed for so long I can't remember when.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    Which model passport do you have and which OS are you running?
    02-08-16 03:49 PM
179 ... 45678