The only fix right now is reverting back to 10.3.0 which I had to because this bug got worst for me. 10.3.1 is not ready for prime time in the first place. This is a step backward for me but it's worth it from the irritation.
    Has anyone tried downgrading to 10.3.0 to fix it? Any luck with this?

It started with my U key, now it's the N as well.

I read somewhere on the forums something about 6 month Advantage Warranty (through ShopBB)? What is this? Should I initiate a claim before my 6 months are up (next week) or will I get the same service 2 or 3 months from now to get it fixed?
    03-24-15 04:38 PM
    The only fix right now is reverting back to 10.3.0 which I had to because this bug got worst for me. 10.3.1 is not ready for prime time in the first place. This is a step backward for me but it's worth it from the irritation.
    I'm 99% sure that I had the problem on 10.3.0 before I upgraded to 10.3.1 as well.
    03-24-15 05:01 PM
    What phone are you using?

I'm 99% sure that I had the problem on 10.3.0 before I upgraded to 10.3.1 as well.
    03-24-15 05:10 PM
    Having double typing issues as well don't know if it's after the recent 4#.3.1 update or not.

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1 - WIND Mobile
    03-24-15 05:14 PM
    Well it's been more then 2 days for me after reverting back to 10.3.0 and there hasn't been a double letter issue for me since. Note though that I used autoloader to install 10.3.0 which wiped out my entire device clean before installing a fresh OS.

Having double typing issues as well don't know if it's after the recent 4#.3.1 update or not.

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1 - WIND Mobile
    03-24-15 05:20 PM
    My 6 month old Passport just started double typing with numerous keys.

I'm suspicious it is software as it started only after OTA update to 10.3.1779 about 3 days ago. Never, repeat NEVER happened before that.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:24 PM
    I also just started to have double typing issues after the most recent update. Never had any issues prior to the last OTA update.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:22 PM
    After reading about all this, I think I'll stick with my Z30.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    double_fault likes this.
    03-24-15 09:18 PM
    NP. On passport but had that on a HP PRE3 which was intractable... if under warranty, 1yr in USA & 2yrs in EU, send it in... IMHO

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 09:27 PM
    I have a feeling this is going to be big like the apps flickering case. It starts to show up in numbers slowly since the launch of 10.3.1. The first earliest reporting for the Passport was since early mid February. It isn't just the physical keys but it happens on the period and question mark for me as well and those are part of the touch screen. I guess I will stick it out with 10.3.0 since it doesn't have this problem.
    03-24-15 09:34 PM
    On the HP Pre 3 it was physical & there are extensive threads from those who opened & cleaned & such to no avail... that occurring with the virtual keys is a horse of a different color.. in that vein, I wonder if a leak might fixit ??
    jrodriguez397 likes this.
    03-24-15 10:03 PM
    Probably better to keep to the virtual keyboards, such as a Z30. I will save myself the unwanted headache of defective keyboards...

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    03-25-15 12:23 AM
    I had this issue on my 9900, it always had been a struggle debating if it's a software or hardware problem, but the facts are that reverting the OS didn't solved the problem, only replacing the keyboard did. So if you are under warranty send it for RMA, if not, replace the keyboard yourself or get it replace it. End of story.
    I used to dissemble, and reassemble my 9900 every once in a while, and install every leak OS and shrink it every time, all this process didn't end up being very fruitful, so this time with passport I'm just going to install official OSs and never dissemble if it's avoidable.
    03-25-15 05:13 AM
    If you don't have this problem with your passport then please don't suggest. The situation is already frustrating for many as is. You're not helping and I'm saying this in the nicest way. I want to go forward to OS 10.3.1 but the problem is quite obvious it's a software situation. Right now I'm one OS backward until this gets fix. We are here to find out the culprit of this bug and maybe help BlackBerry resolve this matter asap before it gets out of hand like the flickering screen incident where people almost sent in their phone for warranty because they thought they have a defective screen.

I had this issue on my 9900, it always had been a struggle debating if it's a software or hardware problem, but the facts are that reverting the OS didn't solved the problem, only replacing the keyboard did. So if you are under warranty send it for RMA, if not, replace the keyboard yourself or get it replace it. End of story.
    I used to dissemble, and reassemble my 9900 every once in a while, and install every leak OS and shrink it every time, all this process didn't end up being very fruitful, so this time with passport I'm just going to install official OSs and never dissemble if it's avoidable.
    03-25-15 06:47 AM
    What phone are you using?
    Passport.
    03-25-15 09:33 AM
    By any chance do you have 'auto-correct with space bar' turned off under language and input settings?

Passport.
    03-25-15 03:05 PM
    I have started to have the double type as well.
    It is starting to happen with more frequency. It started with the H and now has happened with more keys as the frequency increases.
    I can't reproduce it, seems random.
    Hopefully this is fixed. This is my first blackberry and I have been testing it since NOV2014 to see it this is a great option for the business I own. With all the issues I have had i am starting to think other wise.
    Is there any fix except for downgrading to 10.3.0? I like the feature of 10.3.1 well except for the calendar month view.
    03-27-15 11:02 AM
    I've never had the problem..knocks on wood!
    03-27-15 01:34 PM
    By any chance do you have 'auto-correct with space bar' turned off under language and input settings?
    Nope, its on.
    04-13-15 10:48 AM
    I also have double typing issue, on and off. But enough to be annoying. Didn't have issue before until recently. I don't think it's hardware. Keys are still clicking and feels same as before. I think it's software related, seems to be a lag for when you type in names for a search or switching to and using Android apps. Might be a lag in software bootup, but then I'm being a quack and trying to give Blackberry benefit of doubt. Easier to fix software rather than buying replacing hardware problem.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-13-15 09:20 PM
    I am getting a double typing issue on my passport now since the buggy update with the screen flicker. I had hope the most recent update would fix it, but the problem is still there.

Never had any issues before the update.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-14-15 12:48 AM
    How could we know if this issue has been reported to BlackBerry, anyone?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:38 PM
    Double typing on passport has started since I loaded the latest 10.3.2 os. It was fine until then and is very sporadic and on random keys. Reloaded the os from scratch and still present. Waiting on the next os to see if any improvement.

I don't want to send it in for repairs because I'll get some refurbed phone that's been in someone else's pocket and was broke before.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 03:42 AM
    Nobody knows if Blackberry is aware of this problem but it's been two months since this was first reported there hasn't been a response from BlackBerry yet. I've contacted BlackBerry and the customer service was nice but he told me they haven't had anyone reporting this yet. Sigh.

How could we know if this issue has been reported to BlackBerry, anyone?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 04:02 AM
    The same reason I didn't send in my phone either. Who knows if the previous owners dropped their phone in the toilet. I upgraded mind to 10.3.2 as well to see if it fixed the problem but it's still there. Long sigh.

Double typing on passport has started since I loaded the latest 10.3.2 os. It was fine until then and is very sporadic and on random keys. Reloaded the os from scratch and still present. Waiting on the next os to see if any improvement.

I don't want to send it in for repairs because I'll get some refurbed phone that's been in someone else's pocket and was broke before.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 04:05 AM
179 ... 23456 ...