In case it IS you pressing the key twice, replacing the keyboard seems to cure people of that human error...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you are right, we are just a few people with parkinson or what?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:01 AM
    Yes, you are right, we are just a few people with parkinson or what?

Posted via CB10
    It has to be. Or, your keyboards need to be cleansed by magical technician incantations...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:28 AM
    Oh god not the new phones too... well that's it ill just wait for passport 2 hopefully it comes around September

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    02-24-15 09:52 AM
    It has to be. Or, your keyboards need to be cleansed by magical technician incantations...

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you are that kind of guy who type one word / minute just to be sure that your letters aren't double because a lot of people have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:04 AM
    Well now that this thread has been brought up I feel that the DT symptoms are starting to surface on my Passport. The 'circle of life' for double typing goes along something like this, usually 4-5 months after device launch:

1- Double typing happens the first time, you brush it off
    2- It happens again, you raise an eyebrow
    3- It happens a 3rd time and now you know that it wasn't user error
    4- You start searching the PP forums only to find a thread about it
    5- You post saying you've experienced it
    6- People start calling you ******** and to type properly
    7- Weeks/months later it becomes a wide spread issue
    8- You send in your device for warranty repair
    9- It comes back fine only to happen again a couple of months later
    10- See post 8
    11- See post 9
    12- Now you're out of warranty so either you sell/fix/store your device
    13- BlackBerry does nothing about it
    14- New Qwerty device launch
    15- See post 1

Vicious never ending circle!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:10 AM
    Well now that this thread has been brought up I feel that the DT symptoms are starting to surface on my Passport. The 'circle of life' for double typing goes along something like this, usually 4-5 months after device launch:

10- See post 8
    11- See post 9
    15- See post 1

Posted via CB10
    +1.. wasn't like this on my curves, 9000, 9700, 9810.. my 9900 started doing it 2 years later.. but this is my first time experiencing this issue so quickly (keyboard still in good condition). This is clearly a defect imo

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-24-15 11:33 AM

10- See post 8
    11- See post 9
    15- See post 1

Posted via CB10
    True, when it happened for the very first time, I thought it was my fault but it happened again and I said not possible, it's a couple months device and other technology but it happened again and again. I can't believe that blackberry didn't solve this very old issue

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:42 PM
    My Q10 is on its fourth keyboard because of double typing. I've had it since June of 2013 (AT&T's release). You'd think they would have found a fix by now...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    02-24-15 01:43 PM
    Maybe you are that kind of guy who type one word / minute just to be sure that your letters aren't double because a lot of people have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    On the Q10, I was down to about 1 letter per hour! LOL.
    02-24-15 02:10 PM
    This problem occurred and recently reported in early February. I've had the passport since October and the double letter bug just hit me just last week when I updated my passport to .2480 and then to the official current update. Some people are experiencing this and some haven't. I have already did two OS wipe after the update but no luck.

It's still happening and I'm very sure it's not hardware related. With Android apps, I can type long paragraphs without the double letters appearing. Whereas, it is obvious when I'm writing a sentence through emails, texting and even the browser url bar.

I hope BlackBerry sees this and have this bug fix soon because it is very annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love my Passport but I can't deal with this little annoying bug. I have to go back and fix the double letters all the time which is time consuming and defeats the purpose of an accurate typing keyboard experience.
    03-17-15 05:34 AM
    Had double typing with my Q10. No issues with my Passport.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    03-17-15 07:03 AM
    This problem occurred and recently reported in early February. I've had the passport since October and the double letter bug just hit me just last week when I updated my passport to .2480 and then to the official current update. Some people are experiencing this and some haven't. I have already did two OS wipe after the update but no luck.

It's still happening and I'm very sure it's not hardware related. With Android apps, I can type long paragraphs without the double letters appearing. Whereas, it is obvious when I'm writing a sentence through emails, texting and even the browser url bar.

I hope BlackBerry sees this and have this bug fix soon because it is very annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love my Passport but I can't deal with this little annoying bug. I have to go back and fix the double letters all the time which is time consuming and defeats the purpose of an accurate typing keyboard experience.
    I was hoping you are right about it being an os problem not a hardware one. I have the double typing even before the update though. After you mentioned, I have just realize that it occur mostly with bbm and browser.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by siung6; 03-17-15 at 01:21 PM.
    03-17-15 01:11 PM
    I had the problem on my Q10 but never on my PP

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-17-15 01:27 PM
    I was hoping you are right about it being an os problem not a hardware one. I have the double typing even before the update though. After you mentioned, I have just realize that it occur mostly with bbm and browser.

Posted via CB10
    I just checked and mine double types in android apps as well

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    03-17-15 03:22 PM
    Are you guys serious?
    ill believe it when i see it not till then
    03-17-15 05:23 PM
    I haven't it on my BlackBerry but how can it be, that blackberry have this problems on so many devices?
    I remember my blackberry bold had this issue too -.-
    What's going on there?

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    03-17-15 05:40 PM

Yup this is not a hardware bug. I had nothing of this when I was in 1154 leaked os

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:52 PM
    I had double typing on my BlackBerry Q10 but not my BlackBerry Passport.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-21-15 10:28 AM
    I got mine in December and don't have this kind of issue.
    03-21-15 01:44 PM
    Bought PP last fall and use my PKB a ton. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any doubly typing.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    03-21-15 11:57 PM
    I have recently started seeing this one my Passport. Happens is all areas of the OS, texting BBM email etc. Doesn't seem to do it all the time so I'm not sure what the issue is. But hey, they got the flickering screen fixed so maybe they'll get this fixed as well. Always something it seems.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    thymaster likes this.
    03-22-15 12:40 PM
    Same here... checked in Android apps, and I get the double typing there as well. My "b" letter double typing is very easily replicable, and I think the "v" letter is starting too!
    thymaster likes this.
    03-24-15 09:23 AM
    Mine started double typing randomly after last update. Yay.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-24-15 10:32 AM
    Welcome to the club. Haha.

Mine started double typing randomly after last update. Yay.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 03:33 PM
    The only fix right now is reverting back to 10.3.0 which I had to because this bug got worst for me. 10.3.1 is not ready for prime time in the first place. This is a step backward for me but it's worth it from the irritation.

I have recently started seeing this one my Passport. Happens is all areas of the OS, texting BBM email etc. Doesn't seem to do it all the time so I'm not sure what the issue is. But hey, they got the flickering screen fixed so maybe they'll get this fixed as well. Always something it seems.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    03-24-15 03:35 PM
179 12345 ...