will wait for 10.3.2 but if this will not be fixed i'll get back to amazon and ask for a new passport

Posted via CB10
    I'd get a new Passport now, 10.3.2 doesn't fix ****.
    07-02-15 01:41 AM
    there must be a possibility to get an official answer from BlackBerry how to deal with it?? will try to reach some kind of support...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:57 AM
    BlackBerry , join the club.

http://youhadonejob.org/

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:07 AM
    there must be a possibility to get an official answer from BlackBerry how to deal with it?? will try to reach some kind of support...

Posted via CB10
    I actually got an technical support ticket opened on this issue with BlackBerry. They elevated it to Level 2 Support (i.e. the people that might actually know what they're doing). I explained that I would get the occasional double typing issue. They made me upload a log to them and after a couple of days they came back with:

"we recommend you upgrade to 10.3.2 but it doesn't look like your carriers (Rogers) has released it yet, when they do, upgrade."

So... I'm inclined to think that if it really was hardware issue, they would have simply said to exchange my device. They didn't.

Funny enough, the double typing issues seems to have gone away for the last week or so. No idea why.....except that I did install a few apps.
    07-02-15 08:28 AM
    I actually got an technical support ticket opened on this issue with BlackBerry. They elevated it to Level 2 Support (i.e. the people that might actually know what they're doing). I explained that I would get the occasional double typing issue. They made me upload a log to them and after a couple of days they came back with:

"we recommend you upgrade to 10.3.2 but it doesn't look like your carriers (Rogers) has released it yet, when they do, upgrade."
    They don't know what's up, period. I had a support ticket open for my Passport. Back and forth logs and phone calls for nearly 5 weeks. They make you send a BBVE screenshot which is funny, because you manually choose within the app if a test fails or passes, so I don't see how you can trust that.

Plus, what they told you was completely different from what they told me. I was told to downgrade from 10.3.2 to 10.3.1. I think there's 2 types of double typing:

1. Hardware - it gets worse and worse regardless of OS. It's not an occasional annoyance, but ruins the entire Passport experience
    2. Software - occasional double typing that resolves itself, comes back once and awhile, and may be fixed with software updates
    07-02-15 08:42 AM
    I don't get why BB didn't implement a software fix for this. It would be as simple as code in the OS and instruction to never allow to register the same letter twice in a split second. This would work even if it's hardware problem.

The fix is as easy as if the phone detects the same key being pressed twice under 0,1 seconds, don't register the second imput, because there's no way someone is pressing twice the same key in under 0,1 seconds
    Zeratul57 and Matt J like this.
    07-02-15 09:06 AM
    Mine has recently just started the double type.....very disturbing.
    Telus 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:26 AM
    My double typing are only on letters like 'b', 'm', 'n' - keys on the right side of the keyboard. I use 'n' a lot so sometimes it gets annoying when I enter the wrong password to log into something because instead of one 'n', it inserts 'nn'.

did someone recognise that double typing is almost always related to a, e, I, o or u?

I agree auto correction does not solve the problem.

I can hardly believe that BlackBerry tells customers they can send back devices if there will be a software solution...

in germany it's pretty hard to contact BlackBerry support. checked the website but no clear possibility to open a support message. I found the same issue in the official BlackBerry forum but without any solution provided.
    instead it seems BlackBerry wants me to get bback (double b coming from double typing - seems it's not only related to a, e, i, o and u) to amazon to check what's possible...

Posted via CB10

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    PHughes likes this.
    07-02-15 12:45 PM
    Fixed in the later 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    It didn't fix the problem on my Passport currently running PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680. My double typing happens most frequently with letter 'n' and letter 'c'.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-02-15 12:49 PM
    I got mine sent for warranty repair about a month ago due to double type. It came back fine. Only yesterday I realize the double type start to come back. Yesterday was letter Z. Today was letter H and .(dot) I think this time the OS is the culprit since dot is on the screen not pkb. Happened in BBM apps. the double type occur after a slight drop from seat to floor this might be coincidence. Also coincide with " cable detection error".I had this problem with the previous phone that was sent for warranty replacement. It was gone with the replacement. Now this problem came back together with the double type. Now I have a few question on my head. Is it because of the drop? Is my charger broken(unstable current) and cause the double type and cable detection error? Or is it the android apps I just installed. I hate to come back for warranty repair. It took me 14 days for repair or a replacement in my country. I still have faith in this phone though. I will get myself a stabilizer and new charger first. Maybe it's the unstable electric current that is causing this.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 06:20 PM
    I got mine sent for warranty repair about a month ago due to double type. It came back fine. Only yesterday I realize the double type start to come back. Yesterday was letter Z. Today was letter H and .(dot) I think this time the OS is the culprit since dot is on the screen not pkb. Happened in BBM apps. the double type occur after a slight drop from seat to floor this might be coincidence. Also coincide with " cable detection error".I had this problem with the previous phone that was sent for warranty replacement. It was gone with the replacement. Now this problem came back together with the double type. Now I have a few question on my head. Is it because of the drop? Is my charger broken(unstable current) and cause the double type and cable detection error? Or is it the android apps I just installed. I hate to come back for warranty repair. It took me 14 days for repair or a replacement in my country. I still have faith in this phone though. I will get myself a stabilizer and new charger first. Maybe it's the unstable electric current that is causing this.

Posted via CB10
    What happens if you delete all of your apps (all) and then go back to your base OS ? Then add the apps one at a time. OR use Taskmaster app to determine what apps are running and then kill the apps except Taskmaster.
    07-02-15 07:19 PM
    I don't get why BB didn't implement a software fix for this. It would be as simple as code in the OS and instruction to never allow to register the same letter twice in a split second. This would work even if it's hardware problem.

The fix is as easy as if the phone detects the same key being pressed twice under 0,1 seconds, don't register the second imput, because there's no way someone is pressing twice the same key in under 0,1 seconds
    I agree. Even if this a hardware issue (and I'm not so sure), the fix is easy with an OS update.
    07-03-15 04:15 AM
    amazon just offered to give me my money back when sending back my passport. it was a warehouse deal. pretty hard now to decide. live with the issue or go for another phone? :-/ maybe back to my z30...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 04:56 PM
    amazon just offered to give me my money back when sending back my passport. it was a warehouse deal. pretty hard now to decide. live with the issue or go for another phone? :-/ maybe back to my z30...

Posted via CB10
    Send it back

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:13 PM
    Mine double types every letter on the board!
    Totally unacceptable!

Oh no wait,
    Middle
    Settle
    Paddle
    Oops
    Umm
    All
    Loss
    Buzz
    Tiff
    Those are meant to be spelled like that.
    Guess this Passport is good.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:15 PM
    Mine started about a month ago, loaded a leak 10.3.1 and it seemed to settle down slightly. Did an OTA with Att's 10.3.2 and it has gotten worse and has spread from my N key to my M key. I'm hoping it is an software issue, I was going to send it in for a replacement. But hearing that it may happen on the new device convinced me to wait. I had the same issue with my Q10 and the replacement never gave me an issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:46 PM
    On my second Passport since the AT&T launch and both have been very well taken care of. The first had screen lift in top right, as well as double typing. This one has now started double typing already. Does it no matter what OS I'm on with or without auto loaders. It's such a pain in the **** to get a replacement for this phone with AT&T. I'll wait and see if the screen pops up again before I even try and get it replaced.. again.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:30 AM
    BlackBerry PKB owners are TOO patient.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:56 PM
    Fixed in the later 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    Nope, not for me either, still double typing - not nearly as bad as my old Q10 though - one thing I've noticed since the latest update 10.3.2.2226 is now very occasionally I'll be typing and only the first letter of a word will come up..... very odd, I've never had that happen before.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 06:54 PM
44 12