hi all,

bought my passport 3 months ago and still love it but today I experienced the double typing issue already 4 times after I installed the bbm update early today. never had this trouble before. experienced it when writing sms and whatsapp. just did a hard reset which hopefully fixes the issue.

any recommendations how to react on this? PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

many thanks from germany

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:10 AM
    My recommendation is: Don't get your hopes up for that hard reset fixing it. I'm not aware of that working for anyone.

In my case, it started after installing a new OS -- or at least that's when I noticed it. Many of us seem to have the experience of seeing the double typing after some software change or other, leading us to hope that some future software change will remedy it. But for most of us, once you have double typing, you're stuck with it.

In my case, it's very occasional, and I can live with it. I'm still under warranty, so I plan to do an exchange soon, but I have little expectation that the replacement will be immune to the problem. There's either a design flaw or a manufacturing environment problem, in my opinion. And given that for most of us it takes months for the problem to appear, I lean toward design flaw. Something is either wearing out or getting dirty because it wasn't properly sealed to begin with.

I had my first BlackBerry, a Curve 8320, for two years. I used that thing with sweaty hands, in all weather, had it bounced around in pockets, fall on dirty car floors, etc., and never had double typing. In contrast, I baby my Passport like the precioussss and I got double typing after six months.
    06-29-15 07:20 AM
    Fixed in the later 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 04:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not here.
    06-29-15 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not for me on 10.3.2.2204 unfortunately. I started noticing it after the last 10.3.1 OTA and the only reason I went with a leaked 10.3.2 was to see if the double typing would go away. So far, not. I will downgrade to 840 soon (black screen in sunlight issue) but I don't expect that to matter for this issue. So I'll send this one back under warranty in August, most likely.
    06-30-15 03:10 AM
    I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 and it's been okay so far.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 03:53 AM
    Not for me on 10.3.2.2204 unfortunately. I started noticing it after the last 10.3.1 OTA and the only reason I went with a leaked 10.3.2 was to see if the double typing would go away. So far, not. I will downgrade to 840 soon (black screen in sunlight issue) but I don't expect that to matter for this issue. So I'll send this one back under warranty in August, most likely.
    The backlight issue is the main thing fixed in 10.3.2.2339

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 03:55 AM
    thanks for the replies so far!

can you imagine what I experienced today twice? triple typing issue...it's getting worse every day...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 01:57 PM
    I have never experienced it on any BlackBerry device. I really don't know how you guys find yourselves in this mess...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:05 PM
    Starting having this issue on my AT&T passport last week. It is frustrating but the thought of trying to do a warranty replacement through AT&T is much more frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 05:26 PM
    I have never experienced it on any BlackBerry device. I really don't know how you guys find yourselves in this mess...

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, because of faulty hardware?

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-30-15 08:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dito

CB10 - Passport
    06-30-15 08:53 PM
    Has BlackBerry ever acknowledged this issue?

Posted via my (temporary) BlackBerry Classic
    06-30-15 09:06 PM
    hi all,

bought my passport 3 months ago and still love it but today I experienced the double typing issue already 4 times after I installed the bbm update early today. never had this trouble before.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. NEVER had it happen once and then I updated the new BBM and now it's happening several times a day.
    07-01-15 02:12 AM
    pretty interesting both of us had this issue after bbm update... :-/

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 02:21 AM
    Mine just started not as bad as my q10 but still I feel a bit disappointed wish it wasn't the case!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:27 AM
    I just spoke with Blackberry and they said this is a known "software" issue that was introduced in one of the updates. They said they have a release in testing mode right now that solves the issue, but couldn't give me an exact timeframe for release, all they would say is 1 to 3 months. Very annoying. They said I could send in the phone for a replacement but cannot guarantee that I wouldn't have the same issue since it's a software problem. So, stuck with the double typing issue till they fix it, very annoying.
    07-01-15 04:10 PM
    I just spoke with Blackberry and they said this is a known "software" issue that was introduced in one of the updates. They said they have a release in testing mode right now that solves the issue, but couldn't give me an exact timeframe for release, all they would say is 1 to 3 months. Very annoying. They said I could send in the phone for a replacement but cannot guarantee that I wouldn't have the same issue since it's a software problem. So, stuck with the double typing issue till they fix it, very annoying.
    Yea, that's just pure BS. Running exact same OS (which in the NDA leak said would fix double typing issues) and I had insane double and triple typing on one Passport but none whatsoever on this brand new one.

It's a hardware issue with software possibly exacerbating it.
    07-01-15 04:24 PM
    Never ever had double -typing on the Passport, but just recently started in the past couple of weeks. Would happen few times a day, not hard to reproduce if you turn spell correction off.

Updated to 10.3.2.2339 and have not seen the issue since!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not with my passport and funnily enough my passport always corrects my stuff yet it never touches the double typing.....

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:35 PM
    did someone recognise that double typing is almost always related to a, e, I, o or u?

I agree auto correction does not solve the problem.

I can hardly believe that BlackBerry tells customers they can send back devices if there will be a software solution...

in germany it's pretty hard to contact BlackBerry support. checked the website but no clear possibility to open a support message. I found the same issue in the official BlackBerry forum but without any solution provided.
    instead it seems BlackBerry wants me to get bback (double b coming from double typing - seems it's not only related to a, e, i, o and u) to amazon to check what's possible...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:55 PM
    Check out the videos I made from my previous AT&T Passport: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...video-1023307/

The device was 2 months old when it started, and it only got worse and worse, irrespective of the OS installed (even the ones with the so-called "fix"). It's hardware, and logically that makes sense. We press down on those keys upwards of thousands of times per day, and they're tiny little membranes and electronics. Mechanical things are prone to breakdown, and taking into consideration the subpar QC issues inherent to the Passport, faulty keyboards don't surprise me one bit.
    07-01-15 04:59 PM
    Has BlackBerry ever acknowledged this issue?

Posted via my (temporary) BlackBerry Classic
    The short answer, NO!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:17 PM
    The short answer, NO!!!

Posted via CB10
    Actually, yes they have acknowledged it. In some screenshots from internal beta testing, 10.3.2 build changelog included software "fixes" for double typing keyboards.

That sure worked out great and obviously fixed everything.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:52 AM
    will wait for 10.3.2 but if this will not be fixed i'll get back to amazon and ask for a new passport

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:29 AM
44 12