I know there has been a lots of topics about this sitiation. But mine has leveled up, my space button N button L button C button Z button M button is double typing. But I cannot proof that with a video as it is so so so random so it is impossible to replicate

What to do?

I cant send it back to the warranty, I bought it from Dubai when I was there. And I live in Turkey. And carriers here do not have any agreements arrangements with BlackBerry. Some say its hardware some say it is software issue. But to be honest, no one had any problems with the release OS version of passport. I dont know what to do. Some folks say they changed the keyboard but the problem still persists

Instagram: enginkdogan
    05-08-15 03:46 AM
    I have also experienced the double typing issue on my passport, but only on M and N buttons. On my Q10, the double typing was a lot worse though. I really don't know if there's a specific way of solving it, I guess we just have to constantly use auto-correct to save face.

Posted via CB10 on Passport 10.3.2.304
    05-08-15 03:53 AM
    Well I cant use that as I am using it turkish, it doesnt correct words properly. And yeah you are right, it was worse on q10

05-08-15 04:12 AM
    I know there has been a lots of topics about this sitiation. But mine has leveled up, my space button N button L button C button Z button M button is double typing. But I cannot proof that with a video as it is so so so random so it is impossible to replicate

What to do?

I cant send it back to the warranty, I bought it from Dubai when I was there. And I live in Turkey. And carriers here do not have any agreements arrangements with BlackBerry. Some say its hardware some say it is software issue. But to be honest, no one had any problems with the release OS version of passport. I dont know what to do. Some folks say they changed the keyboard but the problem still persists

There is nothing you can do, and I think you already know that answer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-15 05:15 AM
    There is nothing you can do, and I think you already know that answer.

It is not that I cant do anything and not that I knwo the answer. When I am not ******** but simply making an observation and questionarie, you cannot answer like that, sorry you can. But you should not. Your answer is so irrelevant.

Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-08-15 08:04 AM
    It is not that I cant do anything and not that I knwo the answer. When I am not ******** but simply making an observation and questionarie, you cannot answer like that, sorry you can. But you should not. Your answer is so irrelevant.

Well, what can you do? You can't take it back, you can't repair it yourself. There's just nothing you can do without these options. Your only option is to either live with it or move on.

05-08-15 08:23 AM
    Live with it just like the rest of us.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 11:02 AM
    Have you tried contacting BlackBerry directly? Maybe they could swap out with you for a fee? Just a suggestion. I too have this issue, with the E, I, P, N and T keys. I have to admit that while this is rather annoying, I type so fast that I am getting used to sliding up on the passport to use the auto-corect. I contacted them and they are going to do a swap, but I feel that as soon as the OS updates itself, I am going to be back to square one. But hey it may be worth a shot. Like some has suggested down the posts to use auto-correct or move on, in a sense, I feel like I may just move on. No point in getting a new passport if the problem is going to come back yah?

Good luck to ya,

Cheers
    MH
    05-08-15 11:08 AM
    Welcome to the club. More and more issue regarding the double type.
    First you can try contacting blackberry directly to see whether they have a solution. Second you can try sending to your friend abroad to have it claim forr warranty, Dubai in your case would be better. These days I no longer have the guts to buy electronics abroad. Justt in case these kind of thing happen.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 12:18 PM
    I have mine for the letters m, n, and a couple letters more.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 12:59 PM
    I contacted BlackBerry and they are USELESS

They told me to run BBVE which is their system check app.

Clearly the tests on that app doesn't detect double type issue. It shows all keys in the keyboard to be OK.

I sent them the report and after all the back and forth, they tell me to wipe the handset and reload the OS

Totally hard to believe. I am on a super secure server with the Government and a wipe and reload is NOT that easy. It takes time which I don't have.

So still not sure if this thing is a physical issue or a software one.

Sad sad sad

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 01:06 PM
    Hmmm. Shame to hear more people are having this problem.

I bought mine in the UK and basically took the device in for a replacement. It was the Carphonewarehouse. They didn't argue but the second one developed a fault. They sent it to BlackBerry, after it being with their technicians and it was returned with a new pkb. This is now showing symptoms. Mostly the a s y u I and m n keys. Specific areas on the outside of the keyboard. I don't know if it's specifically a physical issue or not... Either way get a refund. I intend to do this tomorrow. I've got a z30 I can mess around with until the slider comes to town.
    Sent using tapatalk!
    05-08-15 01:14 PM
    Unless someone knows if the keyboard can be replaced by the customer? I did that with the q10 - but it was tricky and I don't want to mess the passport up any more than it is!
    Sent using tapatalk!
    05-08-15 01:16 PM
    Had my replacement for a week and not one instance of double typing.

If any of you guys dropped it once like me and experience double typing return the device it's not software.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-08-15 02:28 PM